Gameplay

3 replies to this topic

#1 StandingInFire

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 152 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:15 PM

The difference between getting the killing blow and not is a 3x multiplier in the reward you get.

The Rewards that can count for getting the killing blow:
Reward_______________CB
Component Destroyed___2300
Kill___________________4000
Damage Done__________21
Kill Most Damage_______5000
Solo Kill______________ 10000
Brawling______________ 4500 Medium or Heavy Only
Savior Kill_____________4500 * Conditonal
Defensive Kill__________4500 * Conditonal

The Rewards that can count for getting an Assist:
Reward_______________CB
Assist________________ 3500
Damage Done__________21
Kill Most Damage_______5000

So in a situation where you do 100 damage to an enemy (higher damage would reduce the effect distance between kill/assist which is why I took a high number) the Reward is:

Kill_________Assist
23400______10600
27900______with Brawler (doesn't affect assists)
32400______with One of Savior/Defense (doesn't affect assist)

So the minimum difference between simply dealing the last point of damage to a mech and not is a factor of 2.2 times but can be as high as 3 times.

This means that if you are one of the unlucky people like me who more often then not take people into the red and have someone else get the killing blow despite dealing most the damage your rewards with the new system have easily dropped by ~50% the only way I could resolve this massive difference would be to load high alpha builds and make sure I get the kill shot which is really bad playing behavior and should not be encouraged. Not to mention how having brawler not be available to Assaults is imo stupid.

#2 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:21 PM

The system also punishes tanking and leading charges.

Staying alive for 10 minutes, even if you're doing literally nothing, gives you a pile of c-bills.

#3 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 06:53 PM

The reward system is a great idea but needs some serious tweaking.

I literally had two matches back to back that had almost identical had the same amount of kills, assists, spots, component destruction and damage. I think damage was 441 for one of them and 414 for the other but everything else identical. Both were victories

However one got rewarded 260k and the other 180k. The difference was obviously in the rewards for things like killing blow, kill most damage, flanking, hit and run, brawling, etc. The thing is I really had no control over those things, rather they just happened throughout the course of the fight. The frustrating thing is both matches I played my best and really performed identically yet because of triggers I couldn't control, I got cheated out of 80k in rewards on one of them.

Also some mechs and playstyles get punished under the new rewards. For example, when playing my Ice Ferrets, I usually make like 15-20k at least from Flanking and usually another 6-10k from hit and runs. However I jump on my Direwolf and usually get zero in both categories simply because the Direwolf isn't made for that sort of playstyle. What is frustrating about this is that the playstyle it is made for, damaging and killing enemy mechs doesn't gain it comparable rewards to offset its inability to flank and hit & run so consistently, no matter how good I play, my average rewards with fast strikers are greater than with a Direwolf.

In the end, I am not sure how to fix things but I guess what I would like to see is more consistency. I would like to see all mechs earning about the same regardless of their design or playstyle and would also like to see less of a gap in the reward between a win and a loss. I mean I should be rewarded if I play well regardless of if my team wins or loses. Someone that manages 5 kills, 900 damage whose team lets them down shouldn't get totally shafted. Make less in a loss, yes absolutely. Make 200k less, nope don't agree with that.

#4 -Halcyon-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 07:01 PM

From what I see, the game is rewarding solo lone-wolf style play and punishing support players.
How does that make sense in a team arena style game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users