#1 Rigel7

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 5 posts
  • LocationNW Corner

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:30 PM

Who knows the answer to this?

I want to drop solo, and play with 23 other players who dropped solo. No premades.

Other times, I want to join a 4-man, and drop with other 4-man (or larger) teams.

Can we do that?

#2 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:37 PM

When you drop by yourself, you are ALWAYS matched with ONLY players dropping solo. When you drop in a group you are always matched with other groups, although not always the exact same size. If you drop in a 4-man you could face 3 other groups of 4, 1 group of 12, or any other combination of groups sized 2-12.

You cannot drop in a 4 man and expect to only be matched up against other groups of 4. You CAN create private matches and choose any group size you want from 1v1, 4v4, or 12v12. However, you receive no rewards in these matches and they require active premium time to create I believe.

Edited by LauLiao, 08 November 2014 - 04:37 PM.

#3 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:38 PM

Yep you can do that.

Drop solo as long as you like, if you wish then to drop in a Group, ask in you Unit-TS for an Invite to an Group.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 08 November 2014 - 04:39 PM

Note that this is a relatively recent change, it used to be solo player PLUS small groups, but now it's two queues for solo only and group only, Enjoy your solo matches!

Edited by Redshift2k5, 08 November 2014 - 04:39 PM.

#5 Abivard

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,935 posts
  • LocationFree Rasalhague Republic

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:02 PM

View PostLauLiao, on 08 November 2014 - 04:37 PM, said:

When you drop by yourself, you are ALWAYS matched with ONLY players dropping solo. When you drop in a group you are always matched with other groups, although not always the exact same size. If you drop in a 4-man you could face 3 other groups of 4, 1 group of 12, or any other combination of groups sized 2-12.

You cannot drop in a 4 man and expect to only be matched up against other groups of 4. You CAN create private matches and choose any group size you want from 1v1, 4v4, or 12v12. However, you receive no rewards in these matches and they require active premium time to create I believe.

To every rule there is an exception,
in this case, there are NEVER any 11 man groups, group sizes are 2 through 10 and 12 .

#6 Aresye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 08 November 2014 - 05:12 PM

View PostAbivard, on 08 November 2014 - 05:02 PM, said:

To every rule there is an exception,
in this case, there are NEVER any 11 man groups, group sizes are 2 through 10 and 12 .

I kind of wish they would allow solo players the option to drop in either completely solo or group queue. Maybe with a team limit of no more than 2 solo players per side for the group queue. That would open up 11 player groups as a possibility, while also giving the solo players that want a different kind of solo experience.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users