6 replies to this topic

#1 Kodyn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:32 PM

I feel like a noob asking this, but it's never been too important to figure out til now, and it's bugging me..

Does anyone know of a way to force a weapon into a specific hardpoint?

Ie, my BNC-3E, I'd like to keep 2 energy specifically in the higher right shoulder mounts, of which there are two, but there seems to be no way to force those points to be used without using 3 or more weapons.

It always defaults to putting one weapon in the high mount, one in the low mount, unless you do 3 or more, in which case the high mounts fill up first. If you do that, then remove some lasers, it removes from high mounts first as well..

I'm really hoping there's a trick to get around this, otherwise that's just a shame, and wastes some real good hardpoints unless I decide to go heavier on energy than I'd like, and downsize to smaller weapons.

I'm sure there's other builds and mechs that run into this issue.

EDIT: As another example, my other BNC, the 3M, you can move lasers around til you get them where you want, but that build uses all the hardpoints. I put my larger weapons in the higher mounts, to peek over cover and other mechs, which is what I'm trying to accomplish with the 3E.

Edited by Kodyn, 09 November 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#2 XphR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 09 November 2014 - 01:56 PM

Unfortunately no. Luckily we can now at least reliably pick where in the stack each weapon falls though, that used to be luck of the draw.

#3 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:07 PM

What a shame. I guess it only affects a few mechs over all, which is why no one seems up in arms about it, but really disappointing nonetheless.

#4 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 November 2014 - 02:18 PM

BLR also has this problem. I don't know if PGI will ever fix this issue, but until then just fill the extra slots with small lasers. =P

Also worth noting - I think weapons are placed into slots in order according to how recently they are purchased. So if you have trouble getting a small laser at the bottom instead of the top, try selling (or temporarily equipping) them all and buying a new one, or do it with the weapon you actually want in there. That's just a trick I read somewhere, I've never tried it myself.

#5 Durant Carlyle

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:16 PM

You are not supposed to be able to be that specific as to the arrangement of weapons, so it is working as intended.

There is a workaround, as mentioned, but it only works if you are using all of the hardpoints.

#6 XphR

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,513 posts
  • LocationTVM-Iceless Fold Space Observatory Entertaining cats...

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:35 PM

View PostTarogato, on 09 November 2014 - 02:18 PM, said:

BLR also has this problem. I don't know if PGI will ever fix this issue, but until then just fill the extra slots with small lasers. =P

Also worth noting - I think weapons are placed into slots in order according to how recently they are purchased. So if you have trouble getting a small laser at the bottom instead of the top, try selling (or temporarily equipping) them all and buying a new one, or do it with the weapon you actually want in there. That's just a trick I read somewhere, I've never tried it myself.

Weapons can now be reliably cycled(it plagued a handful of my builds before{its nice to have them back}).

#7 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 09 November 2014 - 04:14 PM

View PostDurant Carlyle, on 09 November 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

You are not supposed to be able to be that specific as to the arrangement of weapons, so it is working as intended.

There is a workaround, as mentioned, but it only works if you are using all of the hardpoints.

Understood, but just curious, who says? Why aren't you supposed to? Seems like it would make sense, as in some cases, you end up with a tiny laser in a huge mount for it, that your techs would put the right gun in the right mount...So if lore is out, then who is it that decides what we're "supposed to" do?

(PGI obviously, in this case, I'm just really wondering the why...not like it would be OP, especially since the workaround of using more weapons allows the hardpoints to be used anyway....)

It is what it is, I guess, and with all the other stuff on their plates, and the low number of resources/employees, I'm sure it's beyond back-burner, but one can hope they fix it someday, because it's just silly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users