Looking For Some Folks To Play With

4 replies to this topic

#1 HexxyTheGrouch

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 19 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:36 AM

So I've been playing on and off for a while now.

I've grown tired of 1-man pugging where the fights are just ridiculously lopsided because good matchmaking appears too complex to handle correctly in this game.

I'm also tired of pairing up with the one guy I know who plays and we wind up waiting a good minute or two for a match. When we finally get one, it's against a fully stacked 12 man. Those always end well -- for the opposing team. -___-

As for houses, factions, clans, and the like I don't really get that into the fluff. I wanna stomp about in my big robot and blow stuff up.

I'm pretty casual in my playstyle and loadouts, so min-max meta builds are a total yawn to me. I'm not the best player, but when I'm on target, I'm pretty annoying for the opposition. Need someone's armor coated in damage? I can help.

I'm older than the average gamer. If communicating something like an adult is too hard for your group, then I'm going to pass you by no matter how pro-leet you are.

Mech preferences:
I typically run a medium of some sort (Cicada / Blackjack / Nova) I do have some heavier mechs I like, but I'm just slowly grinding away at the skill trees for all my dudes. Heavies I have the Summoner set, two Catapults, and an Orion. Assault class I have a Highlander-HM (my favorite of the bunch), a couple of Atlases, and a Dire Wolf set. I typically don't run assaults very often. Light mechs really don't do a lot for me. I have a small number of them, but I don't use them.

That's it.

#2 DasSibby

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 259 posts

Posted 03 November 2014 - 09:44 AM

Hey, you should join the 10th Solaris! We're a casual clan that normally plays from 4pm-11pm EST, and we welcome all who are respectful players.

We actually have what appears to be an older clan to me, with myself at 25 years old feeling like a youngling.

Anyways, if you're interested submit an application, download teamspeak, and drop a few times with us for fun!

Here's our webpage. http://10sr.enjin.com/

#3 DaddyP1G

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 89 posts
  • LocationPA, USA

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

Check out Wolf Spiders. We are an adult community that has been playing for over 10+ years in multiple games. We have everything from a Competitive team to a training regiment. We also have an EU and NA team, so we have players on around the clock.

#4 Michaelson Snow

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 54 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 November 2014 - 10:18 AM

Always welcome to join us on the LCAF Hub Team Speak as well, Multiple units playing at many times. all welcoming of new or old players. that teamspeak is www.housesteiner.com come join us anytime!

#5 Polarbear HatefulOni

Rookie

• Overlord
  • 4 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Australia

Posted 10 November 2014 - 06:34 AM

Hi there HexxyTheGrouch,

I am from House Jurai and we have been around since 1996 starting with mechwarrior from the beginning. We have just redone our website to get a bit more modern and have a bunch of casuals/more competitive players! We have an active team speak, comms.nodachi.net. We are looking to get into a couple of tournaments, but have quite a few members who like to remain casual players and have been that way for many, many years :). Feel free to say hello on our site at www.nodachi.net or say hi on team speak. Our age ranges from late 20's to 50's.

Cheers,

Polar

Edited by Polarbear HatefulOni, 10 November 2014 - 06:35 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users