- - - - -

Are Autohotkey Macros Approved?

4 replies to this topic

#1 salami

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 08:56 AM

I was looking into solutions to give TAG a toggle on/off functionality and I saw alot of talk about the autohotkey app. Then I saw some talk suggesting that an autohotkey solution either didn't work due to updates or wasn't approved for use.

Can someone confirm if autohotkey macros are ok to use in MWO and maybe good learning resources on how to set it up properly? I did try to make it work, but after my first attempt of it not working and the research to try to fix it indicating it might be against the rules, I stopped.

#2 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 09 November 2014 - 09:53 AM

Macros are allowed. Scripts, that run the game and the mechs within it for you, are not.

You can create you TAG toggle. There should be some helpfull guides about it in various threads.

For more information what is allowed and what is not, you can refer to this thread:
http://mwomercs.com/...wo-game-client/

#3 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:03 AM

Personally I just add the TAG to all my weapon groups so no matter which weapon group key I hit, it's active.

#4 Satan n stuff

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 09 November 2014 - 11:42 AM

I'd advise against keeping TAG on all the time, as it makes it incredibly easy for the enemy to find you.
You're a lot more likely to keep it turned off when you don't need it if you don't have a toggle macro set for it, and it's a simple matter of holding a button when you need to fire some LRMs or need to paint a target for someone else. Unless you have a cheap mouse and keyboard I'd just hold down the button if I were you.

#5 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 09 November 2014 - 03:26 PM

Hotkeys and macros are fine, as long as nothing is automated to play for you. TAG toggles are fine.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users