Marauder

18 replies to this topic

#1 Shido

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:30 PM

Hi guys i dont know alot about the line up in terms of mechs that will be in the game but there is one that i dont see ppl talk about, is name is:

Marauder- assault type and i dont remember the tons i think its 75T. i read in a book that he was very strong and mobile, also it was one ot the most beatyfull mech i have ever seen with a big auto cannon in his back.

is there a possibility of seeing this Mech in the game?

thank u guys :lol:

Edited by Shido, 21 November 2011 - 08:30 PM.

#2 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 21 November 2011 - 08:53 PM

Welcome Shido,
I heartily applaud your choice of inquiry, I too am one of many rabid Marauder fans here.

Properly the Marauder is considered a Heavy class mech (one notch under Assault), and they are quite pleasing to the eye. (For some of us :lol: )

However, we are all a twitter hoping and speculating as to whether our favorite machine will make it into this game. We certainly hope so, but we won't know for almost a year yet.

#3 Datum

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:42 PM

Well, it being an unseen, we will have to cross our fingers and pray to the deity of choice for it to get in. It is a very popular mech, so if it were cleared legally I'd very much expect it to be in the game, especially since they decided to use the old Warhammer in the trailer...

#4 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:52 PM

The Marauder is a 75 ton Heavy Mech that has an average speed profile. It's weapon package includes 2 PPCs, a class 5 auto cannon, and 2 medium lasers. It's armor is not the best, and it can have heat problems if it uses the PPCs together.
Once you learn it's heat curve, it is a great mech for long a medium range brawling.

We will see it, the unseen thing does not matter any more because of Project Phoenix - all those mechs were redesigned (some not in a good way). Check out Sarna.net, the BattleTech Wiki and you can find out more on it and others.

#5 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:53 PM

I don't think we need to cross our fingers, just because its an Unseen doesn't mean it will be cut, they can after all use the Phoenix versions which have long since been considered "Original" content.

for refrence:

Posted Image

Edited by Outlaw, 21 November 2011 - 09:54 PM.

#6 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:56 PM

I still want to beef up those legs and upper arms. The miniature is even worse with the spindly limbs.

#7 Outlaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 321 posts
  • LocationThe Land of Hope and Glory

Posted 21 November 2011 - 09:57 PM

Yeah, i think FD can and will do an excellent job at fixing some of the short comings, i will say i like that body layout better than the unseen version, more accurate to the location of the weapons and just seems more beefed up than the original.

#8 Moppelkotze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationRuhrgebiet, Deutschland

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:25 AM

That pic just doesn't show a Marauder to me. It's some Mech with the same loadout but that's it.

#9 Stormwolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,951 posts
  • LocationCW Dire Wolf

Posted 22 November 2011 - 05:32 AM

View PostMoppelkotze, on 22 November 2011 - 05:25 AM, said:

That pic just doesn't show a Marauder to me. It's some Mech with the same loadout but that's it.

It's the "captain ersatz" for the original:

http://tvtropes.org/...n/CaptainErsatz

I'd be happy with the reseen version, though I prefer the original.

#10 Captain Hat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:00 AM

Really? I didn't like the original design at all, it constantly looked like it was falling over. I love the new one though- got a MAD-5R in my FedCom Civil War/Jihad-era Draconis March heavy C3 lance.

#11 Shido

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:21 AM

View PostOutlaw, on 21 November 2011 - 09:53 PM, said:

I don't think we need to cross our fingers, just because its an Unseen doesn't mean it will be cut, they can after all use the Phoenix versions which have long since been considered "Original" content.

for refrence:

Posted Image

for me that look on the Marauder is a bit off, the one i have in a my book is this guy:
SEE PICTURE HERE

I said assault mech because of the Marauder II that is assault with 100T and some cool fire pwer xD

Edited by Shido, 22 November 2011 - 06:32 AM.

#12 Creel

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationFort Worth, TX

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

View PostShido, on 22 November 2011 - 06:21 AM, said:

for me that look on the Marauder is a bit off, the one i have in a my book is this guy:
SEE PICTURE HERE

yeah, that would be a Zentraedi Officer's Pod, which is why it was redesigned.

#13 Moppelkotze

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 108 posts
  • LocationRuhrgebiet, Deutschland

Posted 22 November 2011 - 06:33 AM

View PostShido, on 22 November 2011 - 06:21 AM, said:

SEE PICTURE HERE

Well yeah THAT's a Marauder. I don't say that I don't like the new design ... as some other Mech
but it has nearly nothing in common with the old design. Only the guns look quite similar but that's it.

#14 Xhaleon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 542 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:02 AM

Flyingdebris did a sketch for 4chan (/m/ or /tg/, I do not remember) some nights ago. It is unofficial work, but his newest Marauder redesign is much more faithful to the original, and is still different enough to qualify as Reseen.

Sure wish this board had a proper built-in way of posting images, I don't have an image hosting account so I can't put it up here. I sure can drag and drop the file into the posting area, but it gives nutty errors.

#15 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:50 AM

I'll take it.

As much as the Officer's Pod is searing into my Psyche, I'd take a reseen MAD before I took no MAD.
Give it some FlyingDebris treatment and I'm sold!

#16 Rhinehart

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts
  • LocationFree Worlds League

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:09 PM

I want the Original first and foremost. I do not care one bit that it was a Zaentradi Officer's Pod. It was also the Marauder, the Mech that figured in Grayson Carlyle's nightmares and then became his favorite mount. It was the mount of the notorious Bounty Hunter. It was half of the inspiration for the CLan Madcat, arguably the most recognized Mech in battletech lore. I want it and I'm willing to pay for it.

After that I'll take the MArauder II 100-ton assault version please.

After that how about the Clan Marauder IIC that I miss sooooo much from MW2 and MW2 GBL.

Then why not the other IS designs based on the Maruauder, the Dragonfire, Maelstrom and Nightstar?

Heck give us the Rakshasa and the Bandersnatch as well since they were both based on the Marauder Chassis.

Heck lets have the Clan Stone Rhino, it looks like it was based on a Marauder

Then if you want the Project Phoenix versions, Okay lets have them too.

If FlyingDebirs wants to make his own version then let's have that as well.

But most of all I want the original, with the top mounted cannon. It was the most diffferent and distinctive of the original designs.

But I'm willing to pay for all things Marauder.

So why settle?

Let's have them all.

#17 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts

Posted 23 November 2011 - 08:37 AM

...that brought a tear to my eye

#18 feor

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 304 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 23 November 2011 - 09:18 AM

View PostRhinehart, on 22 November 2011 - 07:09 PM, said:

I want the Original first and foremost. I do not care one bit that it was a Zaentradi Officer's Pod. It was also the Marauder, the Mech that figured in Grayson Carlyle's nightmares and then became his favorite mount. It was the mount of the notorious Bounty Hunter. It was half of the inspiration for the CLan Madcat, arguably the most recognized Mech in battletech lore. I want it and I'm willing to pay for it.

After that I'll take the MArauder II 100-ton assault version please.

After that how about the Clan Marauder IIC that I miss sooooo much from MW2 and MW2 GBL.

Unfortuantely, if Piranha gets their pants sued off for using a mech they don't have permission to from the original owners (and they don't The people in charge at Catalyst got the Dougram and Crusher Joe Unseen cleared, but the Macross ones are still off limits) then you won't get ANY marauders, or any mechwarrior, for that matter.

Then why not the other IS designs based on the Maruauder, the Dragonfire, Maelstrom and Nightstar?

Heck give us the Rakshasa and the Bandersnatch as well since they were both based on the Marauder Chassis.

Heck lets have the Clan Stone Rhino, it looks like it was based on a Marauder

Dragon Fire - possible, was a SL era design, rediscovered with the Helm Memory core and put into production in 3058
Maelstrom - Similar to the Dragon Fire, but it didn't get into production until after the Clan invasion, so no dice there, at least at launch
Nightstar - Also a SL design, though it's reintroduction date is somewhat nebulous. Probably around 3040 though, so might be ok
Rakshasa - A FedCom attempt to copy the Mad Cat with IS tech, since no one will know the Mad Cat exists for a least a couple months after launch, not likely to see it till much later.
Bandersnatch - No indication I can find anywhere of exactly when this one was introduced. First showed up in TRO3055 so could be anywhere from the late 3040s to the early 3050s
Stone Rhino/Behemoth - Clan Mech, so definitely not in at launch.

Then if you want the Project Phoenix versions, Okay lets have them too.

If FlyingDebirs wants to make his own version then let's have that as well.

Most likley what we'll end up seeing, hopefully FlyingDebris will come up with a nice balance between the original and the Project Pheonix version to show some design progression, but I highly doubt we'll see the original unseen marauder in game.

#19 SMDMadCow

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,055 posts
  • LocationDallas, TX

Posted 24 November 2011 - 10:30 AM

Marauder II - 100 ton Assault Mech armed with 2 PPCs, a Large Laser, 2 Medium Lasers, and 3 Jump Jets (!!!). It may not seem like a beatstick armament, but it has enough heat sinks to move and fire all 3 big guns with NO heat build up. It's a well armored monster that can shoot and scoot and be a constant threat.

The Marauder IIC is the clan version at 85 tons, which we won't see until after the reserve clans come in to garrison worlds with second line units.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users