379 replies to this topic

#321 Eboli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,148 posts
  • LocationCanberra, Australia

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:15 AM

I have also been quite critical over assists being worth more than kills.

Maybe the reason was that when tournies had kills being more valuable that was much complaint about kill stealing and even TKing in order to get such kills. PGI has done the complete opposite and has created another forum blowup.

I am not defending them because this last tourney was ridiculous anyhow re point scoring system.

#322 DaniBot

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 176 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:18 AM

View PostKodyn, on 17 November 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

Um....Did anyone else have a random monkey appear instead of a Hula Girl?....

Welcome to the club of "Clapping Surat Owners" Had 1 year break and when i came back i had it and 24h prem in my inventory aswell. Im sure you it was there already.

View PostErtur, on 17 November 2014 - 04:11 AM, said:

Everything should come at once. They did say it would be manually injected, which means probably not until they are in the office this morning.

Tells everything...

Edited by DaniBot, 17 November 2014 - 04:19 AM.

#323 The Great Unwashed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 919 posts
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:19 AM

Edit: deleted stupid question, reading is hard... <_<

Edited by The Great Unwashed, 17 November 2014 - 05:17 AM.

#324 Cdrmaster

Rookie

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:21 AM

I also go this random monkey as well I never bought it ..and when I looked this morning it was there ..?? I am sure they can tell the difference between a monkey and a hula girl ..or atleast I hope they can ...??

#325 Beren Valari

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 56 posts
  • LocationSeoul

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:24 AM

I'm aligned to merc corps, played at least 10 games in IS mechs and don't have any rewards yet. Did I miss something or are they still coming?

The clapping surat (monkey) was a reward for the first clan package I believe.

#326 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostCdrmaster, on 17 November 2014 - 04:21 AM, said:

I also go this random monkey as well I never bought it ..and when I looked this morning it was there ..?? I am sure they can tell the difference between a monkey and a hula girl ..or atleast I hope they can ...??

The monkey reward is from a previous reward event. It is not related to this one. The rewards from this event are being delayed, indeed.

Edited by lunticasylum, 17 November 2014 - 04:36 AM.

#327 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 04:48 AM

I had the monkey issue cleared up in another thread...it was bothering me so much to not know I had to ask lol.

Contrary to my initial assumption, it is not hellspawn that crawled into my cockpit of it's own accord, but this: http://mwomercs.com/...nniversary-faq/

#328 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:00 AM

View PostKodyn, on 17 November 2014 - 04:13 AM, said:

Um....Did anyone else have a random monkey appear instead of a Hula Girl?

I'm not sexist or anything...but uh, I'd rather stare at a representation of a woman than a Wizard of Oz character any day.

Seriously though, didn't even see a "Redeem Items etc" notice, just happened to look in cockpit items, and presto, mystery monkey that I certainly never bought...curious.

yeah i had that too, but i discovered that before this event. Come to think of it i noticed it after the halloween event but i never won it on that, i got a mug and a glowing pumpkin from that. So no idea where the monkey with the wings and cymbols came from.

Gotta say though, best tournament yet, was fairly easy to reach the qualifying score and i always welcome more cbill's puts a silver lining on my graphics card packing up this weekend.

Thanks PGI do this again!

#329 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:28 AM

View PostKitsune Butt, on 17 November 2014 - 05:13 AM, said:

So, the Hula Girl is a lie!!! (Had to be said after reading that dev joke in the random tips countless times that says otherwise XD)

That's a good one :D

#330 Ljeto

• PipPip
  • 26 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:29 AM

They stopped listing matches on tournament page around 2am EST which is 11pm PST.

Edited by Ljeto, 17 November 2014 - 05:31 AM.

#331 Brandorf

• PipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 48 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:42 AM

View PostLjeto, on 17 November 2014 - 05:29 AM, said:

They stopped listing matches on tournament page around 2am EST which is 11pm PST.

Seems to imply they didn't account for DST.

#332 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 05:56 AM

not they didn't account for daylight savings time, but look: https://mwomercs.com/tournaments

Starts: FRIDAY NOVEMBER 14th 10:00:00 AM (PST)
Ends: SUNDAY NOVEMBER 16th 11:59:59 PM (PST)

If you read the tournament page you already knew that though....

I did not recieve all my awards, no hula girl, already had one, still only have 1.... anybody else having this issue? if so, be like me and send support a ticket!!

#333 Kodyn

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationNY, USA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:06 AM

I wouldn't send in tickets for the Hula Girl, especially if you got your CBills.

Judging by their wording of "manually" injecting the Girl, one can assume they intend to do so after they get in to work today, which probably isn't for a couple of hours.

(Hehe, manually injecting the girl...had to re-read that one and laugh...)

#334 theta123

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,006 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:08 AM

Got nothing, whatsoever!

#335 Chimperator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 239 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:14 AM

At the end...

in a tournament/challenge the best wins.

But this never happens in the MWO tournaments or challenge because of fail formulas.

How people with no AIM only using LRMs can be the first???
He can't be the best in a challange, no he shouldn't be the best with top scores when he don't needs to aim and only run 100meters in 15min and got carried by teammates who did the real job!

This is ridiculous!

#336 Blalok

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 177 posts
  • LocationMilwaukee, Wisconsin

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:28 AM

View PostUminix, on 17 November 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

not they didn't account for daylight savings time, but look: https://mwomercs.com/tournaments

If you read the tournament page you already knew that though....

I did not recieve all my awards, no hula girl, already had one, still only have 1.... anybody else having this issue? if so, be like me and send support a ticket!!

Yes, it specifically says Standard Time, which we are on now (unless those goofy Canadians are not?) so... they cut off an hour they said would count.

#337 Neanot

• PipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 80 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:44 AM

View PostChimperator, on 17 November 2014 - 06:14 AM, said:

At the end...

in a tournament/challenge the best wins.

But this never happens in the MWO tournaments or challenge because of fail formulas.

How people with no AIM only using LRMs can be the first???
He can't be the best in a challange, no he shouldn't be the best with top scores when he don't needs to aim and only run 100meters in 15min and got carried by teammates who did the real job!

This is ridiculous!

In one match I was in, I died early to lrm spam and watched the rest of the match through a troll-raven. He had ecm, narc and tag, with only an lrm5 as a weapon. He only sent 1 salvo at each enemy mech then didn't fire at them again. At the end, he had 12 assists and very little damage but at least 240 points.

#338 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:44 AM

Ooooh just noticed i'm in the winning faction.....Merc corps does that mean that was well as the 1,500,000 cbills and hula girl i also get some dog tags to hang up in my cockpit?

#339 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,626 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:46 AM

As I said before, I'll say again, once again House Davion has become the red-headed step child. It'll be a miracle that me and the rest of the FSAC can hold Ziliang along with the other planets in and near Liao.

#340 Ridir Semii

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 499 posts
  • LocationPort Torture, Washington, USA

Posted 17 November 2014 - 06:47 AM

View PostBlalok, on 17 November 2014 - 06:28 AM, said:

Yes, it specifically says Standard Time, which we are on now (unless those goofy Canadians are not?) so... they cut off an hour they said would count.

we didn't lose anything, it started an hour earlier and ended an hour earlier, if you, like me... neglected to read the PST part ( I assumed PDT) then you may have made yourself lose an hour on this

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users