#1 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:18 AM

Hello guys.
I have been thinking, I've heard multiple time the rant about the ECM, and the recent change of the BAP.

But what is it actually?

If I understood well, the BAP have now a cover range of 360m canceling the effect of the ECM (unless there is more ECM than BAP).

And the range of the ECM is 180. Correct or do I have all wrong?

#2 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,662 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:29 AM

Yeah that sounds right. BAP got quite the boost.

#3 timaeus

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 70 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 01:36 AM

It also still has the function of detecting shutdown mechs. Not usually useful, but can occasionally come in handy towards the end of a match.

Edited by timaeus, 11 November 2014 - 01:36 AM.

#4 Thorqemada

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,369 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 02:10 AM

BAP Speeds up Target Information gathering - you get the loadout display of the Target quicker.
It inreases the Sensor Range and stacks with the Sensor Range Module - increasing the Sensor Range each by 200m from the Base Sensor Range of 800m up to 1200m afaik.
It detects Shutdown Mechs in a range of 120m if you have a LOS.
It cancels 1 enemy ECM up to 360m away - if you equip BAP on a Mech with an ECM Module BAP is overriden by that ECM.

Its a must have for Streak SRM Mechs and Artemis Mechs should it equip too.

#5 JonahGrimm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 166 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 09:06 AM

ANY mech that can spare the tonnage should equip one. As a guy who loves his Raven-3L and Spider-5D, I cannot stress enough what a game-changer the new BAP actually is. It's such a huge thing that just three of 'em wandering around inside of the 'blob' on your team is enough to utterly negate all ECM within brawling ranges - you can make an anti-ECM bubble up to a thousand meters across!

I have now had games where my ECM was utterly useless save for the initial scouting, and where my BAP-equipped mechs completely turned around the game simply by standing in the right spot.

(A game on HPG comes to mind, where the enemy put two ECM-equipped mechs on the upper floor above 'theta'... and I and another BAP-equipped mech went and stood under them... and watched the death spam start.)

This is now, for me, standard equipment on all of my mechs. This is, if people use it liberally, the counter to ECM everyone was hoping to have.

The fact that it adds sensor range and target information gathering - effectively giving you two modules for 1.5 tons - is just icing on the cake.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users