2000 Ping But 100 In Other Games

13 replies to this topic

#1 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:06 AM

This happened last night and now tonight just all of a sudden.
Any ideas?

I am getting pings of over 2000 tonight in MWO games
mwmercs.com250 to 280 which is normal
Ping of 100 in verdun
Ping of 90 in war of the roses
Ping of 90 in war of the vikings

Usually being in Australia I get anywhere from 200-380.
That usually means we cop a bit for our hits not registering.
But 2000!!! Probably my ISP routes?

Edited by AUSSIETROOPER4, 11 November 2014 - 03:08 AM.

#2 andrewkhlim

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 93 posts
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 11 November 2014 - 03:55 AM

Same problem. I'm guessing it's an Aussie thing.

#3 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 11:33 AM

What isp?
another of my friends could not even login.
but still other Aussies have no problem.

#4 Budor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 11 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

I have issues from europe, germany since 2 weeks now. Cannot play (300ms + pings up from 115ms) or sometimes even connect.

All other games run fine for me, even those that have servers based in the states.

#5 andrewkhlim

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 93 posts

Posted 12 November 2014 - 03:24 AM

I'm with Exetel/Optus. My ping has ranged between 2000 - 8000 in the last few days. It sank to 300 - 600 around midnight last night. Previously throughout the year it ran between 200 - 350.

Didn't even make it into the game: DOA below.

Posted Image

Edited by andrewkhlim, 12 November 2014 - 03:26 AM.

#6 PaGn

• Pip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 10 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 November 2014 - 04:07 AM

Had the same problem in the last few days (T-Online, Germany), single games with lag-spikes up to 3000, afterwards falling back to 300-350. Next game I was down to around 150 again, which is the usual. I can rule out other activity on my network, checked pings, D/L speed and router activity, nothing happening the whole time the lag in MWO appeared.
And I saw people in other matches who seemed to have the same problem with 3000 then 300 pings on two occasions.

Fingers crossed...

#7 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:37 AM

Guess what. I am also with exetel and am still having the same problem.
All good in other games like war of the roses or red dragon (ping of 60 in red dragon actually)

Exetel must have there routing all screwed up. Of course it would be easier for us aussies if the servers were not in canadia.

I had already sent a request to exetel support
Wonder if this has anything to do with DDOS or net neutrality.

Edited by AUSSIETROOPER4, 14 November 2014 - 04:44 AM.

#8 Audiogasm

Rookie

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 1 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 04:52 AM

Aussie4 had a ping of 4309 an hour ago. Not good at all. Yet it was fun watching him being the last man standing and winning the game. But thats not the point. Im with Adam and im use to connecting at 22000/1000 at my router with minimal pings in games, however in MWO my ping is 250 on a good day but usually 300-380, most other games is 40-75.

With $500 single mechs and $240 packs for sale, yet only 1 new map in 6 months, im guessing you have a few $$$$ to spend on a server in the pacific.

Am i wrong? or do you not wish to have all players have the same experience as one another without the need for a vpn?

#9 andrewkhlim

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:47 AM

View PostAUSSIETROOPER4, on 14 November 2014 - 04:37 AM, said:

Guess what. I am also with exetel and am still having the same problem.
All good in other games like war of the roses or red dragon (ping of 60 in red dragon actually)

Exetel must have there routing all screwed up. Of course it would be easier for us aussies if the servers were not in canadia.

I had already sent a request to exetel support
Wonder if this has anything to do with DDOS or net neutrality.

Yeah, I suspect the problem somewhere between Exetel's crazy shaping methods and the re-directs from MWO. I've sent a ticket to the Piranha support team, and they've responded asking for more testing (which I provided) so I guess we'll wait and see.

Edited by andrewkhlim, 14 November 2014 - 05:59 AM.

#10 andrewkhlim

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 93 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 05:58 AM

View PostAudiogasm, on 14 November 2014 - 04:52 AM, said:

Aussie4 had a ping of 4309 an hour ago. Not good at all. Yet it was fun watching him being the last man standing and winning the game. But thats not the point. Im with Adam and im use to connecting at 22000/1000 at my router with minimal pings in games, however in MWO my ping is 250 on a good day but usually 300-380, most other games is 40-75.

With $500 single mechs and $240 packs for sale, yet only 1 new map in 6 months, im guessing you have a few $$$$ to spend on a server in the pacific.

Am i wrong? or do you not wish to have all players have the same experience as one another without the need for a vpn?

As much as I would love it, I doubt the pacific has the population to support matches, let alone the funding. I can only guess the origin of the money determines server/s location.

#11 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 14 November 2014 - 01:30 PM

How would they know until they tried..AU is one of the larger gaming nations

They make up over 20% of star citizen backers iirc and are royally annoyed that due to server farm tech SC is using the closest farm is singapore. In this game canada is it!

#12 andrewkhlim

• PipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 93 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:47 PM

View PostAUSSIETROOPER4, on 14 November 2014 - 01:30 PM, said:

How would they know until they tried..AU is one of the larger gaming nations

They make up over 20% of star citizen backers iirc and are royally annoyed that due to server farm tech SC is using the closest farm is singapore. In this game canada is it!

Hypotheticals are fun. I would love it but I imagine being both publisher/developer would make decisions somewhat more weighty, and harder to take a shot in the dark. Kingdoms of amalur would be a good example of bad investment and poor decision making.

Also, pretty sure MWO doesn't have $12,400,000, let alone $62,000,000,000 total backing. If that stat is true (I couldn't find Star Citizen backing divided by country) and RSI decided it's not worth putting a local server in Australia yet, what does that say about server investment?

Like I said: I would love it if it happened as high ping is killing it for me. My monetary investment into the game will be wasted if it continues at 400 - 1200 (currently). But I'd rather play at 300 for a few years, rather than it failing and money being wasted. I'm just not the gambling type.

Edited by andrewkhlim, 15 November 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#13 AUSSIETROOPER4

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 180 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 02:28 AM

There are no servers in Australia yet that use the SC tech in there farm. THat is the only reason there is not a server here.
I am still getting 1000 or more in game. Just checked. :(

#14 Lunatic_Asylum

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 600 posts

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:27 PM

It is a routing problem that can be solved by incessant letters to your ISP to reroute the traffic. Try to check the path to the site with Pathping.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users