Soo...can I Have My Arm Actuators Back Please?

10 replies to this topic

#1 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Since the general idea appears to be to nerf the clan mechs down,or buff the IS mechs up to clan levels.....can we revert the silly little of the cuff nerfs the clan mechs have received,please?

Is there really a reason to continue automatically removing the arm actuators for clan mechs whenever a ballistic or PPC is mounted?

Just make it an option to remove or keep the actuators regardless of whats mounted in the arm,and apply that option to all(or at least most) of the arm omni pods.

Edited by Alexandrix, 13 November 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#2 Moogles

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 183 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:46 AM

It wouldn't really be giving them back since you never had them in the first place.

The lack of arm actuators with ballistics is in the lore and tabletop as well.

#3 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostAlexandrix, on 13 November 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Since the general idea appears to be to nerf the clan mechs down,or buff the IS mechs up to clan levels.....can we revert the silly little of the cuff nerfs the clan mechs have received,please?

Is there really a reason to continue automatically removing the arm actuators for clan mechs whenever a ballistic or PPC is mounted?

Just make it an option to remove or keep the actuators regardless of whats mounted in the arm,and apply that option to all(or at least most) of the arm omni pods.

it would violate canon builds. ACs and usually PPCs have lower/Hand Actuators removed. Heck, I'd like to remove those actuators from my Mechs. Force my arm into a raised position!

#4 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,872 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostAlexandrix, on 13 November 2014 - 10:39 AM, said:

Actually I am pretty sure that TT construction rules removed the LA actuator on Clan mechs when you mounted these weapons. I would have to read the ruleset again and I am not at home but I am about 90% sure I read it there since I was checking up on this back when the Clans were first released.

#5 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:30 AM

The Yen Lo Wang loses its lower arm actuator when you slot an AC20. As far as I know the Jager does too. It's a consistent theme across mechs, it's just more noticeable on Clans because they've got more mechs with large ballistic arm slots.

Now on the subject of PPCs only Clan mechs lose actuators when equipping those which is interesting.

#6 Glaive-

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 951 posts
  • LocationIn a cave

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostLordMelvin, on 13 November 2014 - 11:30 AM, said:

The Yen Lo Wang loses its lower arm actuator when you slot an AC20. As far as I know the Jager does too. It's a consistent theme across mechs, it's just more noticeable on Clans because they've got more mechs with large ballistic arm slots.

Now on the subject of PPCs only Clan mechs lose actuators when equipping those which is interesting.

No, the Yen Lo Wang and Jagger mechs simply never even have lower arm actuators.

#7 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:40 AM

MWO has strayed far enough from lore/TT at this point for it to basically be not worth using it as a reasoning for much of anything any more.

The large ballistics,gauss/ac20,I can see.But there's really no reason to not have am actuators with smaller things like 5's,10's,or ppc's.

Edited by Alexandrix, 13 November 2014 - 11:40 AM.

#8 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:41 AM

Can we lose the LA Hand actuator on the AWS - 8Q already please. Need another DHS there. lol ;)

#9 Alexandrix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 910 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 11:44 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 13 November 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

Can we lose the LA Hand actuator on the AWS - 8Q already please. Need another DHS there. lol ;)

Seeing as how you can hot swap out an engine ,or the very skeleton of the mech itself,at will....I don't see why the removal/addition of a simple actuator would be much of a problem.

#10 Felio

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:35 PM

It's a double-edged sword. Clan mechs have the option of having the actuators or not. If the IS had this option, every Victor would be able to slot an AC/20, instead of just some variants. I'm sure Jenner pilots would like to have the option of putting them in. So would MG Blackjacks and Jagermechs.

Like everything else with clans, there is more customization, but it comes at a cost.

I pilot mechs on both sides, if that makes a difference.

#11 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 13 November 2014 - 12:37 PM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 13 November 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

The WubShee has no need for hands; it can't go about punching things while it cools down.

Two additional heatsinks would be much more useful.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users