What Sort Of A ******** Mm Is This

11 replies to this topic

#1 speleomaniac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:13 AM

Why in the earth if there are 6 Timberwolfs in the queue one team gets 5 and the other team only 1 of those.

Timber is the most OP thing in this game and over that you have to allocate 5 of them on one team wth?

#2 ibex230

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 256 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:23 AM

Queue with friends who picks TW. Problem solved.

#3 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:26 AM

Plenty of superb IS heavies now.... stop making excuses.

Yes I have been piloting IS all weekend, mostly heavies.

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:31 AM

smh

Your post is...
well just change the title to read what sort of post is this and you got it.

You talk about one single match which is hardly ANY kind of empirical evidence. You don't talk about anythign other than a specific chassis. You don't mention anything about actual force composition. You offer no suggestions on how to "fix" what you perceive as a problem with the game.

So based on your informative and well thought out post, we should remove Twolves from the game?
Make sure each side gets an equal number of them every match?
Make sure that all pilots have the option to choose a Twolf should the other team have one more than yours?

Do you see how your post offers absolutely nothing?

Next time maybe put a little more thought and effort into your posts and you might actually get a discussion going instead of everyone just shaking their heads and hoping to get in before lock or deletion.

Add something constructive to your posts if you really have a genuine concern about the game and how to improve it.

#5 Hans Von Lohman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

I've been told by others that Clan Timber Wolves are not OP.

Yeah, I didn't believe them either.

However, it isn't the Timberwolf specifically that is the problem. It is the fairy tale that Clan Mechs, with lighter, smaller, longer ranged weapons that do more damage and XL engines that don't get them killed are somehow on equal footing with normal IS mechs.

They're not, and the game is broken until this gets fixed.

#6 speleomaniac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:37 AM

View PostSandpit, on 16 November 2014 - 01:31 AM, said:

smh

Your post is...
well just change the title to read what sort of post is this and you got it.

You talk about one single match which is hardly ANY kind of empirical evidence. You don't talk about anythign other than a specific chassis. You don't mention anything about actual force composition. You offer no suggestions on how to "fix" what you perceive as a problem with the game.

So based on your informative and well thought out post, we should remove Twolves from the game?
Make sure each side gets an equal number of them every match?
Make sure that all pilots have the option to choose a Twolf should the other team have one more than yours?

Do you see how your post offers absolutely nothing?

Next time maybe put a little more thought and effort into your posts and you might actually get a discussion going instead of everyone just shaking their heads and hoping to get in before lock or deletion.

Add something constructive to your posts if you really have a genuine concern about the game and how to improve it.

What about MM puts 3 Timb vs 3 Timb and I eat my words...

And don't give me that strong IS Heavies crap, Timberwolf is still the single most OP thing in this game.

Which other heavy is running around with 60 Alpha and 80 km/h speed and jumpjets.

Edited by speleomaniac, 16 November 2014 - 01:51 AM.

#7 Nothing Whatsoever

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,655 posts
  • LocationNowhere

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:37 AM

Such posts could just as easily be met with don't worry be happy youtube videos I guess!

So meh, I dunno!

#8 Sandpit

• 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:42 AM

View Postspeleomaniac, on 16 November 2014 - 01:37 AM, said:

What about MM puts 3 Timb vs 3 Timb and I eat my words...

And don't give me that strong IS Heavies crap, Timberwolf is still the single most OP thing in this game.

Which other heavy is running around with 80 Alpha and 80 km/h speed and jumpjets.

once again, you can't even decide what you're complaining about

Your first post was about MM
Now you're complaining about Twolves being op

You don't even know what you're mad at, you just wanted to rant on the forums. I tried to help you out by explaining why your post isn't accomplishing anything and how to put down some ideas to help improve the game in your eyes, instead you choose to just continue jumping up and down complaining about any and everything with absolutely nothing constructive to add to the game or community.

Calm down
breathe
count to 10

Now post something that gives everyone else who reads your thread an idea as to what exactly you're unhappy about and how you would fix it.

#9 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:55 AM

Do you build to the new quirks speleomaniac?

I have no trouble with some of the currently insanely OP IS mechs getting several 1,000+ damage matches each weekend and plenty with 5-6 kills. Even had a few 7-8 kill ones that included plenty of clan TBR's on the other side.

That's in inner sphere Mediums and Heavies and mostly solo queue.

Our group yesterday didn't have a single TBR in it all day and ran rampant. Only 1 clan entity caused us hell and they always ride the same mechs and play at the top of the competitive game.

If you need advice on fits then head over to https://www.mechspecs.com/ and there's a wealth of fits there and advice to be had if you ask. Theres also a superb quirk tool available that you can search by mech or quirk to get yourself a build that fits your playstyle: http://snafets.de/mwo/quirks.htm

Edit: The only current huge advantage clan mechs have over a quirked IS mech running a good build is the xl engines imo.

Edited by Remarius, 16 November 2014 - 02:01 AM.

#10 speleomaniac

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 193 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 01:59 AM

View PostRemarius, on 16 November 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

I have no trouble with some of the currently insanely OP IS mechs getting several 1,000+ damage matches each weekend and plenty with 5-6 kills. Even had a few 7-8 kill ones that included plenty of clan TBR's on the other side.

Our group yesterday didn't have a single TBR in it all day and ran rampant. Only 1 clan entity caused us hell and they always ride the same mechs and play at the top of the competitive game.

Funnnily my teams formed from Banshees´/Awesome/Thunderbolts are still reaped from Timberwolves

View PostSandpit, on 16 November 2014 - 01:42 AM, said:

once again, you can't even decide what you're complaining about

Your first post was about MM
Now you're complaining about Twolves being op

You don't even know what you're mad at, you just wanted to rant on the forums. I tried to help you out by explaining why your post isn't accomplishing anything and how to put down some ideas to help improve the game in your eyes, instead you choose to just continue jumping up and down complaining about any and everything with absolutely nothing constructive to add to the game or community.

Calm down
breathe
count to 10

Now post something that gives everyone else who reads your thread an idea as to what exactly you're unhappy about and how you would fix it.

I am complaining the fact that MM is not capable of dealing OP thing like Timberwolves are you happy now Mister Calmmen.

#11 Sandpit

• 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:11 AM

View Postspeleomaniac, on 16 November 2014 - 01:59 AM, said:

I am complaining the fact that MM is not capable of dealing OP thing like Timberwolves are you happy now Mister Calmmen.

You're complaining that the MM doesn't acknowledge that you think TWs are "op"?

View PostRemarius, on 16 November 2014 - 01:55 AM, said:

If you need advice on fits then head over to https://www.mechspecs.com/ and there's a wealth of fits there and advice to be had if you ask. Theres also a superb quirk tool available that you can search by mech or quirk to get yourself a build that fits your playstyle: http://snafets.de/mwo/quirks.htm

Edit: The only current huge advantage clan mechs have over a quirked IS mech running a good build is the xl engines imo.

^ this
I'd also suggest utilizing http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

It is a quick way to look into your builds, see how the quirks affect them etc.

You also, as I've stated three times now, offered nothing as far as ideas to "fix" what you perceive as the problem, which I think is (according to what you've said anyhow) The MM should somehow account for TWs being (in your opinion that is) "OP"?

#12 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 820 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 02:23 AM

Might want to read the edited version but tbh if you're running quirked mechs in good builds then the only other item in the equation is the pilots. Though I understand its easy to blame external elements rather than be critical over your own performance. We're all the same in that but its the only way you improve. Ask yourself - what did I do and how can I avoid that mistake in future or in hindsight what should we have done in that situation.

Didn't think to screenshot many last weekend (this one is odd due to the bizzare tournament scoring so ignoring it):

3 TBR and 3 SCR vs 1 TBR and 1 SCR:

Posted Image

Now compare that to pre quirks:

Posted Image

Note I'm not piloting clan mechs except new ones since the quirk changes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users