10 replies to this topic

#1 Rhialto

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationQuébec, QC - CANADA

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

Coords should not show up when spectating a player and F9 button should not work eiter.

If after fighting you find out you're the last survivor against 3+ ennemy still alive, whatever the play mode is, you have the right to go hide and power down, yes you can decide to save your life and preserve stats or whatever...

If the ennemy want to find you, they just have to seek you and there is also a module called BAP which can help locate powered down mech.

A teamate that is pissed by your decision to hide do not have the right to give your position to the ennemy for whatever the reason. This has been said many time already. That teamate is always free to leave the game if he's bored spectating you.

Until PGI fix this you can report team treason to support@mwomercs.com, with any evidence you have available, such as (but not limited to):

- Name of player
- Map played
- Date, time and timezone
- Other players involved (witnesses)
- Type of rule violation
- Screenshots
- Links to videos or other material that might prove helpfull for the GMs

#2 RadioKies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 419 posts
  • LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:21 PM

No, what a terrible idea.. NO!

Hiding for a while is a valid tactic, but disabling F9 is a bad idea.

I have had a few games where someone left a loosing team in Skirmish mode. He hid somewhere and quit. It was 11-4 and the gametimer was at 9 minutes left. What would you want us to do.. wait for 9 minutes to end the game if we cant find the mech? Unnecessarily waiting for the game to end, with no possible change in outcome.

Even in one game with Egomane 22 out of the 24 people thought it was oke to give the coördinates to the other team just to end it. Of the other 2, one was the a-hole who disconned and the other was Ego ;)

Edited by RadioKies, 15 November 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#3 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:26 PM

Yeah terrible idea. There's more than a few matches where that saves everyone looking for that 1 disconnect that didn't rejoin for ten minutes. Since the minimap in their cockpit is broken and more than likely you cannot spectate them to begin with.

#4 Alienized

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,781 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2014 - 12:37 PM

then there are players that shut down facefirst onto walls just to survive and protect their K/D ratio.
or that spent their time shutted down as last man standing without ANY intention to set up a trap.
they just waste people's time.
and thats bannable as well.

i hereby admit to reveal people's coords if they do NOTHING than wasting time shutted down somewhere useless.
i rather run around and try to kill one more mech on my own. and if i die it was lost anyway. if i can make it a win? then hell yeah.

at least i try. but cowards should be banned.

#5 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostRhialto, on 15 November 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

Coords should not show up when spectating a player and F9 button should not work eiter.

If after fighting you find out you're the last survivor against 3+ ennemy still alive, whatever the play mode is, you have the right to go hide and power down, yes you can decide to save your life and preserve stats or whatever...

If the ennemy want to find you, they just have to seek you and there is also a module called BAP which can help locate powered down mech.

A teamate that is pissed by your decision to hide do not have the right to give your position to the ennemy for whatever the reason. This has been said many time already. That teamate is always free to leave the game if he's bored spectating you.

Until PGI fix this you can report team treason to support@mwomercs.com, with any evidence you have available, such as (but not limited to):

- Name of player
- Map played
- Date, time and timezone
- Other players involved (witnesses)
- Type of rule violation
- Screenshots
- Links to videos or other material that might prove helpfull for the GMs

Most times its not just ONE of you're team mates that gives away you're position or is pissed off for wasting everyone's time and potentially premium time, but most or even all, isn't it?
I bet that for everyone reporting the calling out you would get about 5 reporting the one "not participating", if we really have to go there

I would consider hiding, because you're afraid of a fight, borderline griefing.
If you hide and quit the match, you're obviously griefing.

http://mwomercs.com/...ploitsgriefing/

Team Treason
Treasonous provision of information to enemy combatants, also known as "bird-doging" is forbidden. This involves a player using the in-game chat to provide the enemy team with the locations of their own team mates. While we appreciate that some players may wish to have a round end early by calling out the location of an AFK team-mate, the risk that this could be used against an active participant of the match to deny them the use of cover and movement makes this a form of a griefing. You may declare a teammate AFK but not their coordinates or position.

sure thing, but:

Non-Participation Abuse
If a player has joined a match, they must have launched the game with intent to play. Players who are not moving, or are otherwise not participating in the spirit of the game, fall under this category. While we all understand the call of nature: Repeated abuse of this behavior, similarly to 'Mech Suicide and Team Killing, results in an unfair advantage for the enemy teams, and is thus not considered acceptable use. Please keep in mind that idling on your cap point without armour or moving does not constitute a form of tactical "Base Defense".

sooo

I don't see anyone's right to hide to protect his K/D ratio, and especially not to hide and then quit himself.

Mechwarriors hide to survive another day and to bring the mech home
but we don't even have R&R in this game any more
and no one lost a mech for real, or his ingame Pilot with his accumulated XP

using both rules for griefing, hmm

who is griefing more, the one calling out a player who doesn't want to participate or the one not participating?

K/D ratio is you're ego
its not good for anything else besides for you to pat yourself on you're own shoulder
protecting your ego is not in spirit of the game, if it would be we would all be running around in god mode

also I have yet to see any one from the House of Lords to hide like a coward
they seem to be all about ego ingame
but at least they're not hiding, even when they're on the loosing side

there are a good reasons why I left the solo que behind
that whole topic is one of them
let me tell you that sometimes its nice to have a laugh with you're buddy's, or to aggravate the team that you know and be friends with on the other side and make them work to kill you
but if you are hiding regularly, you get booted out of the unit faster than you can say: "its not against the rules"

#6 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 15 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

You can report positions of disconnected players, all other reports are not allowed. Period.

#7 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:01 PM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 15 November 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

You can report positions of disconnected players, all other reports are not allowed. Period.

+1

#8 Rhialto

• Philanthropist
  • 2,084 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:08 PM

I could have also suggested to disable chat when spectating... dunno which option you prefer but any would fix the problem of having to report a traitor teamate who don't follow the rules.

#9 Peter2k

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,032 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 15 November 2014 - 02:45 PM

Non-Participation Abuse
If a player has joined a match, they must have launched the game with intent to play. Players who are not moving, or are otherwise not participating in the spirit of the game, fall under this category.

I always wondered what goes on in the heads of players hiding under a bridge or any kind of smallest crevice for 5 minutes doing nothing

please elaborate
whats the winning strategy of hiding until the match ends doing nothing in skirmish mode?
why not go down fighting?

hell I've seen players killing 4 mechs winning the game because those 4 where really badly damaged
I've seen players win because they killed one enemy mech that was badly hurt and the enemy dual gauss was out of ammo

no one complains about someone hiding in conquest if there's at least a slim chance of winning by cap

at least return the function of victory to the game if the last player of the enemy team just disconnects after hiding in a hole
I think the game had this function once, I think around in May or April or so?
or it was with discos only, so bring it back and expand it a little

Edited by Peter2k, 15 November 2014 - 02:49 PM.

#10 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:05 PM

Maybe the last hiding player did more during the match than all others in his team.
The text you quote is about players who join a match and then stand at spawn afk. It was added to the rules during beta because of increasing afk-leeching behaviour.
Believe me or not, I know for sure that doing so is not punishable, when being active before in the match.

Edited by o0Marduk0o, 15 November 2014 - 03:08 PM.

#11 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 03:15 PM

Closing!

OP is right, it is not allowed to give away the last remaining team mates coordicantes under any circumstance! No excuse justifies team treason anymore, except pure selfishness, since the reconnect feature was introduced!

This is false! It was allowed before the reconnect feature was introduced, because a bug prevented the game from ending then, but the wording and intent of the rules was always that it is completly forbidden. That the game will not end now, is to provide the player the chance to reconnect. You are not allowed to remove that chance from the player. You have no authority over other players.

Always remember: Two wrongs, do not make a right! You break the rules, you will recieve punishment for it sooner or later!

Edit:
Added the relevant patch notes link to highlight, that a reconnect is possible during the whole match.
http://mwomercs.com/...06-16-jul-2014/

Edited by Egomane, 16 November 2014 - 09:38 AM.

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users