Weapon/mech Limits In Cw And Pug Matches

5 replies to this topic

#1 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:33 PM

I think just as in multiple community tourneys (I forget which, Run hot or Die or is it Marik Civil War or ..?) that CW and pug matches (once the capabilities of setting up before matches start, aka lobbies) have weapon limitations and mech limitations depending on certain circumstances.

For example, lets say a certain event happens on the planet of [Halloran V] and [Davion] and [Kurita] had an encounter near a mech factory [Forest Colony Assault] that supplies [LRMs] and both [Catapults] and [Thunderbolts]. [Kurita] wins (I'm sorry Davion :P), and therefore [Forest Colony] is locked from [LRMs], [Catapults], and [Thunderbolts] aren't accessible on [Forest Colony] for a certain amount of time for all but Kurita (Let's say [1 day]).

Or if this is unfair just say that Kurita members get more LP/C-bills/XP/whatever and everyone loses capability to use any of those items, making it even ground on Forest Colony.

This promotes more diversity and proves even more need to kick ass on the field (promoting closer matches). Anyone agreed or is this idea too much/already said by others?

#2 CocoaJin

• 3,607 posts
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 15 November 2014 - 07:48 PM

I believe CW will eventually have a logistics feature that will have an affect on resource and supply. I don't think it will exclude equipment, but may make attaining the affected more difficult.

#3 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:14 PM

View PostCocoaJin, on 15 November 2014 - 07:48 PM, said:

I believe CW will eventually have a logistics feature that will have an affect on resource and supply. I don't think it will exclude equipment, but may make attaining the affected more difficult.

Yeah, but I think it's only down the line CW phase 3ish. I do want exclusion of equipment though to make games very different once in a while though, as that is something that changes up gameplay, though I think others will hate it (We'll go ahead and put limits on restrictions, aka no Med laser restrictions or similar as that's too much I think).

#4 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 15 November 2014 - 08:41 PM

Except this is a PVP game, so what would happen is all the good players run to whatever faction has the best stuff.

We already see this with clan gear.

#5 luxebo

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 15 November 2014 - 10:35 PM

Which brings the second option... limiting all but giving specific rewards for the faction that won a decisive battle. But that brings issues too.

#6 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 15 November 2014 - 11:38 PM

View Postluxebo, on 15 November 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

Which brings the second option... limiting all but giving specific rewards for the faction that won a decisive battle. But that brings issues too.

Giving additional advantages to the side who is already winning is a terrible idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users