Autocannons Range Need New Calculating Method.

2 replies to this topic

#1 RancidSnivel

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 16 November 2014 - 10:51 AM

I think, the AC's maximum range is too deplorable. The largest gun is the AC/20 and it has only 540 meter range, and over it has zero damage? I understand to the game is based on the tabletop rules, but shiiiiiis, this a simulator too, or not? If an object has velocity and mass, it has force, so it can deal damage.

I have a solution for this: Over the double of the optimal range, the projectile start spreading, so you have only a chance to hit the target. The real maximum range is 4x of the optimal, but you can make an accurate shot under the double of the optimal range. With this mod the AC/20 has 270 meter optimal range, 540 accurate range, and 1080 maximal range with half damage.

I hope this method can bring some reality to the AC's system. This is just a suggestion...

Thx, and sorry for the grammer, I'm a hungry hungarian :)

#2 Beo Vulf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 739 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationHalsey, NE

Posted 16 November 2014 - 11:02 AM

Yes it is a simulator game, but if you apply real world ballistics at around double effective range your shot will hit the ground period. Above effective range the the projectile speed drops off and its damage drops off. You have to remember that the projectiles speed as it leaves the barrel is the highest speed it will attain throughout its flight. The Devs have applied this to the ballistics damage. This makes the objective to get within range were your ballistic weapons can do damage without getting killed. Thus requiring you to us cover to accomplish this. I would not support your idea since it would detract from the realism of the game.

#3 Durant Carlyle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,877 posts
  • LocationClose enough to poke you with a stick.

Posted 16 November 2014 - 12:36 PM

MW:O ranges are already way beyond what they should be. In no way would I support any kind of range extension for any weapons.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users