Locust Pirate's Bane

94 replies to this topic

#81 jper4

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,884 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:32 AM

i've settled in with 2ML/2SL on mine and no MGs- that glare is too bad for me. did toss an ams and ammo in it but thinking of taking that out and throwing BAP in to go with the ECM. assaults love me since i play "hide behind the big guys and hide them with ecm" trick. had a match on mordor yesterday where i stuck with three heavies+ at one of the PUGzapper entrances keeping them from LRMs. we ended up being the last four left and won 12-8. stole a kill as well on a timberwolf. also helped that other side's only ecm that i noticed was off in the lower slopes getting killed. toughest part is not getting stepped on while they play peekaboo while still keeping them in ecm range

#82 3xnihilo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 2,980 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:55 AM

Tanar, I might try that build. 4 sl & mg can be great but I find the range limiting and the mg flash is annoying AND I really am not great with my anyway. But I always found 4 ml too hot. So 2ml 2 sl & BAP sounds like a good idea

#83 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 10:48 AM

Posted Image

Flight sickness bag module, level 5

#84 stealthraccoon

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,497 posts
  • Locationnestled in a burlap sack, down in the root cellar

Posted 08 January 2015 - 07:37 PM

Here is what I have been running - lots of fun, but don't get sneezed on by Dire Wolves!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...d7252ec60113517

Can also be replaced with AC2, and shave a little armor for 1.5 tons of ammo.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...db21980798e626e

Edited by stealthraccoon, 08 January 2015 - 07:40 PM.

#85 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 03:37 AM

"shave a little armor"

:huh: I break mine all the time too quick with full armor!
Hate to say it, but I only run mine once/twice a night to get the daily 2x
Not sure why, but its been getting whacked quicker than I can fix it

#86 Shiro Matsumoto

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 492 posts
  • Locationon "The island"

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:04 AM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 01 December 2014 - 05:28 AM, said:

I'm running it stock with little success. I tried 4 SPL, it didn't work.

I don't know why I would want multiple medium lasers. For that I would just use my Jenner F with 6 ML for 30 point alpha. The only thing I lose with the Jenner is speed and ECM.

The shame on others when they realize "Killed by a WHAT... in a duel". One of the reasons i love my COM-2D :)

#87 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 09 January 2015 - 02:54 PM

And the fact that we fly Locusts because of the mech itself. Yea... Jenner can have it's 6MLs.... just like every other Lemming flying every other Jenner with all there MLs.

If you have to ask, "Why wouldn't I just fly a _____ instead?" Then maybe you shouldn't be flying Locust in the first place.

The only thing I miss about Jenners is the ability to jump.

#88 Void2258

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 500 posts

Posted 10 January 2015 - 08:18 PM

I got it so I could avoid playing the godaweful 3S. There is no good way to build that walking pile of scrap.

#89 Darrious Quinn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 244 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 11 January 2015 - 11:21 AM

LOL, yea I had problems with it too. I tried SRM2s, SRM4s, LRM5s, even SSRMs. I think I did best with x2 SRM2s. This is what I ended up running with through Elite before I stripped and mothballed her:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...af03cd2276b5e1f

With the money I put into it.. yes its a regret... but it wasn't the first time I put that much money into a dud, and it at least made the grind more bearable.

#90 Sagueah

• Pip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 November 2015 - 06:31 AM

I currently run my PB with 4x SPL and 1x MG. I find it pretty decent, it's the only build where you can put ECM /10DBL HS/ with FERRO + ENDO.
Always hover around 300-600 dmg per match. Win ratio positive and kill ratio positive too (i mean by that 1.12 and 1.14 respectively)
The amount of kill assists you do is (as always, it's a fast light) incredible.

I like this mech a lot....Even if it is no currently viable.
I mean by that, you get munched by approx. everyone in 1v1 (light vs light) unless you're a more skilled pilot!

Edited by Sagueah, 30 November 2015 - 06:38 AM.

#91 Leopardo

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 03:05 AM

dude - lemme tell you 4 spl 2 mg half ton of ammo - beagle and 3 dbl sinks ecm - first run on that mech - first run on lockust - 500dmg 4 kills not bad mech but - what I don't like - no JJ
ps I'm tier 2 playr
I was run on it 1st time so I cant be objective - but I can say - totally its not bad toy for fun ofcourse

Edited by Leopardo, 30 January 2017 - 03:07 AM.

#92 Burning2nd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 984 posts

Posted 14 July 2017 - 01:38 AM

Im not sure what changed in the last week or so.. BUt it is SO MUCH harder to locust now then it was a month ago..

Where i use to do solid 500-800 damage rounds..

Now i struggle for 300
with a lot a lot of critcally CT core shots

#93 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 20 July 2017 - 02:58 AM

View PostBurning2nd, on 14 July 2017 - 01:38 AM, said:

Im not sure what changed in the last week or so.. BUt it is SO MUCH harder to locust now then it was a month ago..

Where i use to do solid 500-800 damage rounds..

Now i struggle for 300
with a lot a lot of critcally CT core shots

power creep with the new tech. TTK is WAY DOWN across the board. new tech that deals a lot of damage. Get caught being scraped by some laser vomit now murders just about anything.

#94 Judah Malganis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 214 posts

Posted 16 August 2017 - 06:12 PM

Since the new tech, I've been toying with a 170xl, light ferrous, endo steel, 2 lmg w/1t ammo, 4 spls. You have to shave about half a ton of armor to make it work. It cores out rears pretty quick, but it's slower than most people are used to (about 148 w/ speed tweak)..

Edited by Judah Malganis, 16 August 2017 - 06:13 PM.

#95 MondoMan

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 9 posts

Posted 22 August 2017 - 03:46 AM

I've been running stealth armor with 4 medium lasers and having a pretty good time (after messing with machine based builds for a while). I switched the Stealth toggle to "Q" so i can engage and disengage it quickly. With practice you can do some pretty cool things... like run around with the enemy deathball in quickplay and have no one notice you then pop a UAV. Like others said, output damage is lower especially on hot maps now but team value can still be quite high, you can distract 3-4 enemies pretty easily which gives your 11 team mates a good advantage.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users