This Game Is Fun! And It Was Always Fun!

5 replies to this topic

#1 MysticLink

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 214 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 12:04 PM

I liked the game in the ppc gauss days.I like the game after ppc gauss days. I like the game now with quirks. I will like the game after they do whatever they going to do with the quirks.

You know what. You can do good in any mech if it suits your style.

I once when you can only fire two larger lasers without ghost heat, got over 1000 damage in a catapult with 4 large lasers.

No mech is bad in my opinion. You can make every mech work, but not every mech is suppose to be for majority of people's style. There is going to be some mechs which majority of pilots can make it work, while some other mechs, fewer people are good at it, but none the less, they are good at it.

Take for example me. I suck in the madcats really bad. It can't get the timberwolf to work. Yet supposedly it's the most OP mech in the game.

Yet I take the Ilya the most out of all mechs (and I've heard cataphracts are broken often on these forums) and I kill it more often then not.

It's all about style. What suits your way of playing.

Find which mechs work for you, and play them.

My younger brother plays really well with the Jager mechs for example, specially the 3 ultra ac 5 one.

His style is not laser vomit because he likes sustained dps style in which he performs better. The same is generally true of me, though I do ok in laser vomit builds as well.

If you expect every mech to be good for everyone well that's not how it is. If you want every mech style to be fun for you, then sorry to say, that's not how things are.

Take for example heroes of the storm. I play that game and there is a lot of characters I don't play and don't want to play, because it's not my style. It doesn't make those characters bad. Some of them are really good in fact.

I want my last 6 games in a row with a character (Raynor) that is hardly ever used by pros, and is not considered a top character. I've had games where I do over 100 000 damage, while the closest to me in that game is someone at 60 000 damage.

I win most of the games with that character. It suits my style. I like the character. I have fun.

The same is true of mechs people don't usually take. Some people it suits their style. Sure majority of people or pros have a certain meta because of how they work together, but pug life is different.

You can make any mech work and do well with them.

The thing is if you get obsessed with all mechs being balanced or just play the meta builds, you might not find the mechs that are better for you and would suit your style more, because you are unique, and a certain mech might just click for you.

Try to find not only what mech you perform better in, but what mech you have more fun in.

Edited by MysticLink, 09 October 2015 - 12:09 PM.

#2 Tyler Valentine

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Senior Corporal
  • 1,472 posts
  • LocationChandler, Arizona

Posted 09 October 2015 - 01:06 PM

Don't really understand the point of this post but I'm guessing it could be summed up as: Stop complaining about the things in the game you don't like and enjoy it for what it is?

Trust me. The guys that post on these forums aren't here because we hate the game. We all love it and appreciate PGI for bringing it to us for free. HOWEVER, there are many, many things that could be improved. We post in hopes that PGI will see and react to the suggestions of the masses to make a great game that much better.

#3 Light-Speed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 05:31 PM

View PostMysticLink, on 09 October 2015 - 12:04 PM, said:

Spoiler

QFT.

Different players have different affinities. Which people discussing loadouts and styles should really understand before making saying a certain something doesn't work and then arguing why for others who may have more talent with the playstyle in question.

Which means it is... interesting to say the least when I see people practically worshiping metamechs (both the popular loadouts and the website), despite the fact that whether something, which always has a constantly changing variable (the pilot), is "good" is subjective.

Not that they are always wrong, mind you.

#4 LordBraxton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,585 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 06:54 PM

I disagree. I love MWO, but I only play a few times a month these days.

It was exponentially better when the TTK and balance were under control. Back when the game looked good.

The hit reg was terrible but, it was worth it

I pull my 6mplas EBJ out for a good game, or try one of my new mechs that suck, and remember that the game isnt very fun anymore

Edited by LordBraxton, 09 October 2015 - 06:55 PM.

#5 Mechwarrior Buddah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,459 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:19 PM

Wheres the atlas uphill pic when you need it

View PostLordBraxton, on 09 October 2015 - 06:54 PM, said:

Back when the game looked good.

so closed beta then? This is the only game Ive played that looked better before it was developed

#6 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 09 October 2015 - 07:28 PM

OP, I'm with you. For a long time, I was buying and trying every mech, convinced that the next one would make the game perfect for me. I decided, after a while, out of spite, to start playing the Locust, and after some growing pains, it started to fit like a well oiled glove.

I have played almost nothing but that mech for the past year (other than in CW, only because of min tonnage requirements - ludicrous, I tell ya), and the game has continued to be very enjoyable. It's a bit repetitive no matter what you do, so find the mech that you enjoy doing the same things in all the time. For me, it's running in and out of enemy lines, accidentally stumbling into a hornets nest, popping airstrikes and uavs like mad, and trying to make the scrambling dash back to safety before I get gunned down by a dozen vicious gauss bots. It's almost always hilarious, and I have so much fun piloting the darn thing. Shooting in this game is kind of boring to me, but positioning, juking, ambushing, trying to mount an enemy mech by hopping off a nearby hill...that NEVER gets old.

I think everyone just needs to find their happy mech, where they can enjoy not just shooting, but piloting, the aesthetics of the mech, and the overall role that they get to decide for how to help the team. Stop being pigeonholed into one way of doing things, and maybe go out to have some fun rather than always roflstomp everyone. Some of my favorite matches have been ones in which I do less than 100 damage and get killed 5 minutes in. I've had the most insane runs through massed enemy fire and survived, and they were more thrilling moments in this game than any 1k damage match or giant cbill payout ever were.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users