Merc/lone Wolf/daggerstar Suggestion For Community Warfare

No replies to this topic

Poll: Merc/LW/Daggerstar Potentail in CW (1 member(s) have cast votes)

Do you think the proposed Lone Wolf concept is viable for use in CW?

1. Yes, completely viabile as per the proposal. (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Potentially, but with modifications to the proposal (Please explain via comment). (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. No, I don't feel this concept is viable at all. (Please explain via comment). (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Alternate Option: Lone Wolves can't drop in CW as the "introductory" faction. (0 votes [0.00%])

Do you think the proposed Mercenary/Daggerstar concept is viable for use in CW?

1. Yes, completely viabile as per the proposal. (1 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Potentially, but with modifications to the proposal (Please explain via comment). (0 votes [0.00%])

3. No, I don't feel this concept is viable at all. (Please explain via comment). (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Sereglach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 1,563 posts
  • LocationWherever things are burning.

Posted 17 November 2014 - 08:00 PM

Preface:

I have been thinking a great deal about Community Warfare recently with the most recent town-hall and all of Paul's updates (Thank you to both Russ and Paul for the great communication on the Community Warfare function and progress). I understand Russ's comments about how, "In the end, Mercs are working for someone." However, I think there's another way that the non-affiliated factions could function in CW that makes them completely different from everyone else, while providing a unique experience for everyone.

Lone Wolves:

This is, of course, the default faction that everyone starts out as when they first make an account. You're a Lone Wolf, just out to make c-bills and start building your garage. If you're a new player, you may have no clue about who you'd want to support, or what gameplay style you even like the most. The Community Warfare aspect for Lone Wolves should cater to this, in at least some fashion. Although it's been stated it'll be strongly discouraged from brand new people from hopping into Community Warfare, inevitably there will be people who want to do just that. Here is a concept for how this could work:
Spoiler

Mercenaries and Daggerstars/Clan Loyalists:

Currently, the stage is set where you really cannot be either of these in Community Warfare. You WILL have your tag changed to be something else while you are under contract to work for a house/clan. That really doesn't need to be the case. While we can still have it set that you're taking a contract to be a Merc or Loyalist for a given time (just in case you decide to take a different path for a while, down the line), this gives us an option to really be an actual Merc, working for the best paychecks available, or a Loyalist from another Clan who is waiting for their home Clan to get involved . . . or providing support to their fellow Clans however they can. So, when you choose to be a Merc/Loyalist:
Spoiler

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users