Air Strike Destruction

5 replies to this topic

#1 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:19 PM

What do you guys think about shooting down airstrikes? The way it works is that you would have a circle on your radar that would identify the bomber. You can target the bomber and take it out quick before it gets your team. Should you be successful in taking down the bomber, only the red smoke would remain. As an add on for taking down a bomber, you would be awarded bonuses like "Aircraft Destruction" and "Strike Prevention". It would be a better way for Air Strikes to be used carefully. Besides, I always wanted to see an aircraft as a fighter instead of a pretty decoration in the sky.

Edited by Will9761, 18 November 2014 - 12:22 PM.

#2 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 November 2014 - 12:31 PM

Would be nice, a little added bonus and preventative tactic.

Would have to be a way to differentiate between Friendly and Enemy bombers though.

#3 MechWarrior849305

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,024 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:00 PM

Why would I use Airstrike instead of Artystrike then?

Edited by DuoAngel, 18 November 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#4 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 18 November 2014 - 01:18 PM

View PostDuoAngel, on 18 November 2014 - 01:00 PM, said:

Why would I use Airstrike instead of Artystrike then?

For the same reason(s) you would now, with the added awareness that there is a small possibility that it can be stopped

Edited by xeromynd, 18 November 2014 - 01:19 PM.

#5 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 18 November 2014 - 08:52 PM

That makes the Air Strikes utterly useless. They are already so easy to evade, that I can't imagine spending C-bills on them. As soon as you see smoke, you merely have to look up and spot the jet, then walk a few meters to the side and watch the strike roll by. The only maps where you can't do this are the night ones.

Shooting down the aerospace fighters would nerf a feature of this game that is already laughable completely through the floor. If anything, Air Strikes need some sort of buff to make them an actual option. Otherwise, there's really no reason to choose them over an Artillery Strike.

#6 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 19 November 2014 - 02:48 AM

Personally, I've only been killed by an airstrike/arty once. ONLY ONCE since I've started played MWO about a year or two ago. The reason why I died is because I stood in the open, capturing a cap point in Alpine and was I waving my arms at the enemy, and suddenly bombs dropped in around me and got headshot. The Arty/Air strike is already under powered. It does little damage, inaccurate and is unusable in some areas. I'm going to say no to this one.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users