17 replies to this topic

#1 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:09 AM

Looking over the Koshi last night and noticed the Prime version has hip armor but but the 2 variants dont? Or just a modeling boo boo? or some glitch with my patch?

Thought might be a tie into some quirk like extra armor on legs but all three have some leg quirks.

Anybody know whats going on?

#2 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:11 AM

Prime variants get a special geometry of some sort. So that's likely it.

I'm just happy it's not another luggage rack on the shoulders, or a roll cage around the cockpit like the locust got.

#3 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:11 AM

Unique geometry for preordered prime variants.

Ninja'd :ph34r:

Edited by Bilbo, 19 November 2014 - 09:12 AM.

#4 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:13 AM

Really... didnt notice any differences on other clan mechs I got hmmm must be really small differences.

#5 Walluh

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 682 posts
  • LocationLovingly stroking my Crab Waifu

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:14 AM

I wish the MLX got the Rage Cage.

#6 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:15 AM

Shame looks quite cool sorta Samuri-esque

#7 MoonUnitBeta

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:19 AM

View PostMad Ox, on 19 November 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Really... didnt notice any differences on other clan mechs I got hmmm must be really small differences.

Yeah. I think the difference with the Timberwolf is that it has some bars on the shoulders, and rounded shins. The storm crow and nova have ankle shields i tihnk.. i forget all of them, but they're mostly suble.

The mist lynx is by far the coolest special geometry though. Wish it was on all of them too.

The pheonix pack shadow hawk has some fins on the back of it's legs, and the battle master got some spikier shoulders..

Edited by MoonUnitBeta, 19 November 2014 - 09:19 AM.

#8 Kristen Redmond

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 58 posts
  • LocationMad Dog's Cockpit

Posted 19 November 2014 - 09:21 AM

View PostMad Ox, on 19 November 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

Check round the legs, and elbows. Most Clan Prime (I) variants, have either different leg armour, or added "Fins" (Stormcrow) They mostly are made to look Bulkier/smoother, than the other variants. More "High Tech" so to speak.

#9 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 19 November 2014 - 09:11 AM, said:

I'm just happy it's not another luggage rack on the shoulders, or a roll cage around the cockpit like the locust got.

Which variants got the luggage rack?

#10 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:08 AM

The TBR Prime has a nice luggage wrack/tie down's on the arms.....or are they bumpers?

#11 Damien Tokala

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 788 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:37 AM

also i think the ice ferret has some head wires that the normal variants don't get

#12 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

It reminded me of the female power armor from Robotech. I colored it olive green with yellow/green piping and it's pretty darn close.

http://rpggamer.org/...epoweramor.jpeg

#13 Greenjulius

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,319 posts
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 19 November 2014 - 11:55 AM

The Ice Ferret Invasion variant has shin pads, an antenna up top, and a slightly different "face." The face is a big closer to a warhawk than the other Ferrets.

The differences are subtle, but if you switch between the models in the mechlab, the changes become obvious.

The Mist Lynx definitely has the best Invasion Model. I like the space samurai look coupled with this tiny mech.

It kind of remind me of a mech version of an Assault Marine!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Edited by Greenjulius, 19 November 2014 - 11:56 AM.

#14 Mitsuragi

Legendary Founder

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 311 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationOUT OF BOUNDS

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:00 PM

View PostTamCoan, on 19 November 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

It reminded me of the female power armor from Robotech. I colored it olive green with yellow/green piping and it's pretty darn close.

Love the chest lasers on that female power armor, lol.

#15 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 19 November 2014 - 09:19 AM, said:

Yeah. I think the difference with the Timberwolf is that it has some bars on the shoulders, and rounded shins. The storm crow and nova have ankle shields i tihnk.. i forget all of them, but they're mostly suble.

The mist lynx is by far the coolest special geometry though. Wish it was on all of them too.

The pheonix pack shadow hawk has some fins on the back of it's legs, and the battle master got some spikier shoulders..

The Mad Dog gets some slightly different armor panels on the torso around the missile boxes to give it more pronounced edges, it has fatter ankles and it has rounded armor panels above the hips instead of straight ones. No idea why an omni would even have custom shaped armor panels, I thought those were supposed to be identical save for the omnipods? Anyway it looks cool so I can live with it.

Open in separate tabs to compare:
Invasion
Regular

#16 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 19 November 2014 - 12:09 PM

Looks like a skirt lol... but it looks awesome... the other variants legs just look goofy but I don't mind it. They just don't seem like they fit the rest of the mech. Even too small to hold such big feet.

View PostSatan n stuff, on 19 November 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

The Mad Dog gets some slightly different armor panels on the torso around the missile boxes to give it more pronounced edges, it has fatter ankles and it has rounded armor panels above the hips instead of straight ones. No idea why an omni would even have custom shaped armor panels, I thought those were supposed to be identical save for the omnipods? Anyway it looks cool so I can live with it.

Open in separate tabs to compare:
Invasion
Regular

Same kinda thing with DWF too. The Prime(I) has sleek, rounded legs and minor changes to the back. Whereas the B/A variants have "ladders" or whatever they are.

Edited by Moonlander, 19 November 2014 - 12:09 PM.

#17 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:16 PM

View PostTamCoan, on 19 November 2014 - 11:49 AM, said:

Yup definitely has that feel.

On a side note they called it female power armor but watch the cartoon(use to watch it ALOT especially after i got copies of the entire series... still have nightmares of Minmei) few times they show males in them oh well. But since mostly woman can see why they named it Female One of my favs from that cartoon was real nasty in the RPG too.

#18 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 19 November 2014 - 04:36 PM

View PostMad Ox, on 19 November 2014 - 04:16 PM, said:

Yup definitely has that feel.

On a side note they called it female power armor but watch the cartoon(use to watch it ALOT especially after i got copies of the entire series... still have nightmares of Minmei) few times they show males in them oh well. But since mostly woman can see why they named it Female One of my favs from that cartoon was real nasty in the RPG too.

Yeah, that was common back then, it could have been intentional or an animation mistake. Remember the funky looking male power armor? http://www.robotechr...Power_Armor.jpg

Always found it funny that the female armor had two chest cannons, the male has one. No subconscious message there, LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users