Trebuchet - 7K Build

2 replies to this topic

#1 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:50 AM

I've elited all except for one Trebuchet, along with several other medium 'mechs.

But this is surprisingly the most effective build I've ever devised, and it's quite simply this:

Overview:
Armor: 304/338 (Ferro)
Structure: Endo-Steel
Heat sinks: 10 (Double) (no external)
Speed: 105.3 KPH (115.8 KPH post speed tweak)

H - 16 (1 ton AC/10 ammo)
CT - 54 CTR - 10 (XL 325, 1 ton AC/10 ammo)
RT - 42 RTR - 6 (2 med-pulse lasers, 1 ton AC/10 ammo)
LT - 42 LTR - 6 (AC/10, 1 ton AC/10 ammo)
RA - 16 (N/A)
LA - 16 (N/A)
RL - 48 (N/A)
LL - 48 (N/A)

With the quirks+elited, its torso speed is insane. All the weapons are mounted in the torsos, so they all converge at the same location and utilize the quirk. This work phenomenally well with arm lock. The accuracy of it has allowed me to kill dozens of light 'mechs over my first 6 hours of total gameplay with it.

Although the firepower is not quite par with 'mechs of the same weight, its speed allows it to run in, alpha strike several times in one spot, and vanish. I've had a recent match with 4 kills, 10 assists, 11 COMPONENT destruction, but only a little over 450 damage. It's not a huge damage dealer, but hit the spot you want almost every time and you kill enemies in seconds.

Now, I realize that the Trebuchet isn't a popular chassis. Yes, the arms are big and seem like they're glued or stapled on the 'mech because they fall off like leaves (Centurion as well). However, this build has nothing in the arms, so both arms work as incredibly effective shields that from what I observe, block 90% of incoming missiles for as long as they exist.

If you like a fast, quick shooting and accurate 'mech, I HIGHLY recommend it. It's loads of fun. I couldn't believe how effective it was at first.

#2 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 21 November 2014 - 09:56 AM

The TBT-7k is a hugely underestimated mech. I run the "Yen-lo-cost" sometimes, but it requires a STD engine. Same principle, no arm mounted weapons. Just the AC/20 plus 2 ML.

#3 MadHornet

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 529 posts
  • LocationSomewhere deep in Florida

Posted 21 November 2014 - 10:02 AM

I'm not fond of the AC/20 build. Yes, standard engine provides survivability, but it doesn't go much faster than other 'mechs with torso equipped AC/20's. Agility is the main ally to the Trebuchet, and personally prefer the weapons convergence, duration, and reload of the AC/10 and medium pulse.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users