71 replies to this topic

#41 Arbatrix

• Pip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 11 posts
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:07 PM

Those 4 were just some of the recent ones I picked. Until I found a build I liked and mastered the mech, it was pretty balls and I would be lucky to get 200 damage games. My K/D was around a 0.33. Once I figured out how to play it, 500-600 damage games are the norm for me now, and my K/D with my MLX is now at a 1.83 and steadily rising. I could post every single match I've played, if that's what you actually want, but to me, it seems as though you missed the point. You can't play the MLX, or any other clan Light for that matter, like an IS light. They all have niche roles, and once you've figured out what that is and have gotten comfortable with the strengths and weaknesses of the mech, you'll do well. A lot of people give them a shot, think they're terrible, and give up on them. I didn't, and I've grown to love the MLX.

#42 Bluttrunken

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 830 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:12 PM

My Opinion is still the same.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I know terrible stats, but I like my Mediums too much, nowadays.

Edited by k05h3lk1n, 04 January 2015 - 02:15 PM.

#43 Randall Flagg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 590 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 02:13 PM

edit: I love it.

Edited by SKINLESS, 08 January 2015 - 02:15 AM.

#44 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:10 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 04 January 2015 - 01:23 PM, said:

Stuff

A bit cheaky saying I have no idea of lights when you know it's all I play untill clans came out.

Anyway dont care how they fix the thing but atm it's ****, simple.

#45 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 03:47 PM

it's ballistic arm should have a UAC 2 specific quirk.

yeah uac2 and 1 ton of ammo great that might aswell be a walking cap and be done with it.

#46 Nightshade24

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:03 PM

View PostTidy, on 04 January 2015 - 03:10 PM, said:

A bit cheaky saying I have no idea of lights when you know it's all I play untill clans came out.

View PostTidy, on 04 January 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

yeah uac2 and 1 ton of ammo great that might aswell be a walking cap and be done with it.

Well I've been using light mechs since 1998 and I currently own every light mech in game besides a few heros and few variants.

Anyway a single UAC 2 is far better then a single AC 2.

300-500 damage per game isn't that bad for a 25 ton mech.

#47 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:18 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 04 January 2015 - 05:03 PM, said:

Well I've been using light mechs since 1998 and I currently own every light mech in game besides a few heros and few variants.

Realy gonna play the 'I'm better than you because!' card? Tone it down mate.

300-500 is crap anyone who can hit that mark in this thing can top it in a commando easy nvm the locust and thats the point it just dont stand up to established lights so what the point in using it?

#48 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:28 PM

View PostTidy, on 04 January 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

300-500 is crap anyone who can hit that mark in this thing can top it in a commando easy nvm the locust and thats the point it just dont stand up to established lights so what the point in using it?

I'm not playing the 'I'm better than you because!' card. That's the card you pulled out. You simply activated my trap card.

and a commando, spider, and locust can't easily do 300-500 damage and I have seen many matches in the regular game modes where people in much larger mechs struggle to get over 200 damage.
if you're over 200+ damage then you've done the equivalent off coring 2 Atlas CT's and/or Killing 2 atlases.
If you ask me a single 25 ton light mech killing 2 atlases does put the game into the favour of your team. Meaning you not only carried your weight but you surpassed expectations.

And don't forget that Standard engines on Light mechs is becoming a more frequent activity. Meaning there will be the case where you see a raven ,spider, or firestarter and are able to out run it with your sheer jumpjet strength and speed.

The point off the Mist Lynx is it's high speed and amazing spotting capabilities due to the CAP. The ECM also provides good cover and allows the mech to be a monster of a spotter in CW. It's jumpjets is enough to jump over the HPG perimeter walls and enough to jump over CW walls.

It can give off quite a decent firepower for it's weight and in CW it allows you to use some of the bigger boys (ie 1 ice ferret, 2 warhawks,) etc.

#49 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:38 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 04 January 2015 - 05:28 PM, said:

I'm not playing the 'I'm better than you because!' card. That's the card you pulled out. You simply activated my trap card.

and a commando, spider, and locust can't easily do 300-500 damage and I have seen many matches in the regular game modes where people in much larger mechs struggle to get over 200 damage.

Your insane! I'm done, your talking utter **** now.
Look around, dont you find it wierd mass myst lynx is crap posts are in this forums and only a minority says other wise?
Enjoy your own little world.

#50 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 January 2015 - 05:46 PM

View PostTidy, on 04 January 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Look around, dont you find it weird mass myst lynx is crap posts are in this forums and only a minority says other wise?

I see the same thread saying the Timberwolf is a **** mech and the Direwolf needs 50% more armour quirks.

Rather the situation is that all clan mechs are poor or people say things just because they can't use it right either way suggests against your claims.

You also forget your on a thread talking about how it doesn't suck. Which contradicts your statement a bit. The forum isn't as flooded with mist lynx negative comments as you state it is. Especially after the recent buff to the mist lynx making the arm hitboxes smaller and have a minor quirk to enhance the armour there.

You've dropped with me quite often and you've seen the 600+ games I did in the Mist Lynx B and C. You are an eye witness to my claims and you can't say against it in any way besides simply stating a careless "I forgot..."

I will keep enjoying my world and keep farming c-bills with my lynx and killing enemy assaults.

Enjoy your Gauss-lynx.

#51 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:23 PM

View PostNightshade24, on 04 January 2015 - 05:46 PM, said:

much ego, lotta bull ****.

wtf are you on? It's like you dont read what I'm saying, or fill in the gaps with your imagination!

Truely I'm lost, and as for dropping I forget statement aye your right because your not top tier player so stop acting like it.

Remember that game where I pulled a draw on the bog map with my myst lynx vs 3 enemy as last ones standing? You prolly forgot I did 1200 dmg in that and I'm still saying the things ****.

So drop the dmg is king thing does nothing for this mech.

Think I'll leave CGSI if your this far up your own ass, I like the rest of the group but you sir are a ****.

#52 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:42 PM

View PostTidy, on 04 January 2015 - 06:23 PM, said:

wtf are you on? It's like you dont read what I'm saying, or fill in the gaps with your imagination!

Truely I'm lost, and as for dropping I forget statement aye your right because your not top tier player so stop acting like it.

Remember that game where I pulled a draw on the bog map with my myst lynx vs 3 enemy as last ones standing? You prolly forgot I did 1200 dmg in that and I'm still saying the things ****.

So drop the dmg is king thing does nothing for this mech.

Think I'll leave CGSI if your this far up your own ass, I like the rest of the group but you sir are a ****.

I'm feeling a deja vu here. The excessive drama and foul language. Reminds me of just like bunnypunch and snuzki.

Also leaving a group just because 1 person disagrees with you is a bit immature. Isn't like I am destroying your religious beliefs or anything on those lines to be understandable. If you like the rest of the group then why don't you simply stay there? You can easily mute/ignore/block me and it'll be if like I am never part of your gaming experience.

#53 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:21 PM

Here I'll break it down for you as your too arragant to double check to see why I'm at the end with you:

View PostTidy, on 04 January 2015 - 08:56 AM, said:

The thing is terrible, out of all the lights (light player always from way back to beta days) it is the one I'm truely upset about.
Wanted a clan light that can be played as a light not some small slow weapon support thing. Speed for brawling and scouting/light intercept is none exsistant in clan lights, hell only one to work this way is the ice ferret, what?

"Played like a light"
"brawling and scouting/ light intercept"
Sorry tidy, but it doesn't seem like you know the concept of brawling or the traditional role of a light mech.

(which is scout / harasser with the other less common being fire support. If the mist lynx has just 1 medium laser it can do that just fine)

I think you think brawling means taking dmg wile dishing it out right? Not close range fighting?
Every one relates to brawling as short range weapons on here so lights with said weapons can, and do brawl. So brawling and fire support are the same thing or, and I think this is where your going, harraser is just long range tickling like the raven. Fantastic, but fire starter, commando, locust, jenner, even the MG spider is obviously what I was refering to.

Traditional role in this game playing other players is chasing other lights that are brawling your guys or running to brawl a dmg'ed mech 'al la leroy' or chasing lights going for objectives or running over hills because no one can see over it, or bends or ridges, on and on etc etc. So you can roll 'scout' 'scouting/light intercept' together as they are the same thing, again!
So I know and I know you knew I know so this just seams to be credit transfer to your self from my post so you can down grade my xp in lights compaired to yours!
Mark one towards swearing at you.

Myst takes to long to cool down, armour is pretty much summed up with arm value, to slow to out run even some heavys, full speed turning circle is terrible for this currant speed limit, pod space is frustrating when building it, JJ's add to cooling problems, and many many more issues!

124.7 kph is still enough to out run the fastest of heavy mechs. which is 106.9 kph for the dragon and quickdraw with a 360 engine rating. The mist lynx doesn't have the brute speed to out run most light mechs of the inner sphere it's true. However it makes up with that by being the 2nd highest mech in terms of jumpjets. Only mech that can out do it is the spider which only has 2 E hardpoints in the CT. So if your comparing this thing to a spider having more then 2 er medium lasers is already far better then that thing can ever go.

This one is what I call a paper fight where you look at a data base and decide to counter me with it. Great so a fast heavy is 17.8kph slower and can 1 shot your arms, you know how long they can stay within weapon range of you? thats why they cant out run heavys. And I said JJ cooling yet you put a comparison in my mouth about the spider? Yeah second mark.

Lock item fixes:
1)JJ's unlocked
2)cap placement replaced with ECM

Quirks I've thought of, as it's the only way to revive this thing:
1)Speed limit to 160kph
2)-50% heat cost on all weapons or +100% heat dissipation as a flat rate.
3)+200% armour on arm values

Locked item fixes.
1)Unlocking Jumpjets is unnecessary. It takes away your only main (and iconic) advantage for very little. (only 3T is gained by lossing all jumpjets)
Please show a document presenting where jumpjets isn't hardwired on the mist lynx
2) please show the spread sheet that shows that the ECM hardpoint is in the head and the CAP is in the arm.

Quirks:
1) that isn't a quirk. that's MASC
2)not really needed. all my builds have no heat problems. One would think that 3 hardwired heatsinks would be enough.
3) is there a reason you want this thing to have as much armour as a centuriosn arms?

And this is where you failed in my eyes to understand the fun that could be had in this thing, 3 tons extra saved on JJ would be amazing, more ammo or DHS for sustained fire. No one needs all them JJ's, it's a gimmic. And I started to get annoyed with you when like everyone else go into nerd fanboy mode and state the history of this mech in by gone days, who cares it dont work in this game, ecm replace cap would give it the hard points it needs. And your lieing about heat problems, period. And cent arm armour because of what I......here I'll do the leg work again hey!

Myst takes to long to cool down, armour is pretty much summed up with arm value, to slow to out run even some heavys, full speed turning circle is terrible for this currant speed limit, pod space is frustrating when building it, JJ's add to cooling problems, and many many more issues!

Speed because it cant 'brawl'. Why masc? I would say masc if thats what I wanted..... forget it. Moving on!

I've tryed to stay away from weapon related quirks but here's what I would like to see for myself(only fun factor imo):
1)Gauss rifle weighs 1 ton(Want light gauss but untill then I would be smiling about Mysty with this)
2)AC2 weighs 1 ton
3) all ammo weighs half less

Sick of hit scan lazor vomit.

Weapon quirks:
1)that's not a quirk. That's an overhaul
2)^
3) ammo related stuff could be altered... I think adding the "Caseless" ammo type would be your cup of tea. gives you double the ammo per ton for ballistic autocannons but gives a jam chance for the weapon that uses it.

Why not use SRM 6's? LRM 5's? or an UAC 2?

on topic of autocannons... is there a reason you want the AC 2 quirked without the LBX 2? (same weapon. AC 2 is placeholder for HEAP ammo type for LBX 2). or a reason you want an AC 2 quirk but not a UAC 2 quirk?

My take on the quirks would be along the lines of increased sensor range of all mist lynxes.
Having the missile arms reduce the cooldown of SRM's (the B arm doesn't have as strong quirks as the Prime missile arm. but it reduces the SRM 6 cooldown). ballistics arm has enhanced ballistics cooldown and range, (if the Mist lynx A is ever in game. it's ballistic arm should have a UAC 2 specific quirk). etc.

Well see here you didn't even register I was ******* around!

(only fun factor imo)

See?

View PostTidy, on 04 January 2015 - 03:47 PM, said:

So after your initial attept to discredit my light xp and me replying you flop your **** out to say mines bigger than yours? It's like you set your self up in one post in advance to look like the bigger guy? wtf?
**** you mark right there

View PostTidy, on 04 January 2015 - 05:18 PM, said:

if you're over 2...

Witty bull **** followed by the most false thing I've ever heard! Commando, locust, and yes even spider is so easy to hit that dmg mark, so so easy and I'm not a 'pro' light player mlg 360 no scoper.
You did lose you sanity here markety marked!

View PostTidy, on 04 January 2015 - 05:38 PM, said:

Look around, dont you find it wierd mass myst lynx is crap posts are in this forums and only a minority says other wise?

I see the same thread saying the Timberwolf is a **** mech and the Direwolf needs 50% more armour quirks.

Rather the situation is that all clan mechs are poor or people say things just because they can't use it right either way suggests against your claims.

Ho and ofcorse this doesn't apply to your own statment and woe be damn anyone to tell you different? Is that what your trying to say? It looks like it to me!

You also forget your on a thread talking about how it doesn't suck. Which contradicts your statement a bit. The forum isn't as flooded with mist lynx negative comments as you state it is. Especially after the recent buff to the mist lynx making the arm hitboxes smaller and have a minor quirk to enhance the armour there.

I was gonna at this point collect some numbers and see the percentage for both sides just for you but I saw when reading this part how a counter argument placed in a 'myst lynx is good thread' in your mind, contradicts my counter argument. So whats the point? It dont agree with what you think is right you will call it 'contradictary' and fly off to lala land where everything falls inline with you!
Big **** Mark comming up!

You've dropped with me quite often and you've seen the 600+ games I did in the Mist Lynx B and C. You are an eye witness to my claims and you can't say against it in any way besides simply stating a careless "I forgot..."

I will keep enjoying my world and keep farming c-bills with my lynx and killing enemy assaults.

Enjoy your Gauss-lynx.

And then back to the **** is out again thing, listen I dont care about your points wile I play and will promtly forget it.

Enjoy your Gauss-lynx.

Yeah **** you too.

So you see why I cant be in this clan with you, how could I stand it knowing this is what your like on the forums. Your the SA-Khan so dont turn the 'me leaving my friends' card, you wont ever be gone so it's only down to me to try and save my sanity.

Lastly pease go look at other peoples views on this, like alot of them, and try to fit them in your 'I'm allways right' mind before you get PGI to ditch saving this mech.

Peace

#54 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 04 January 2015 - 09:58 PM

View PostZelthar the mecha wizard, on 21 November 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

https://www.dropbox....ot0007.jpg?dl=0 Oh man, look how bad the Mist Lynx is, guys... Geez-us Christ, it SOOOOO AWFUL!

And, yes. I am a bit of a A-hole.

Congratulation, you have find out that even ****** mech can do good score for certains games.
Your a bit late.

Locust Pilot found it first.

#55 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 05 January 2015 - 12:34 AM

not going to respond with most off this, as half of it is quotes and short replies.

However you have no idea what a brawler and harraser means.

Brawler
-Stereotypical weight class: Medium and Heavy.

Charactersitics: Medium speed ranging 50 to 60 kph, slower then a striker but faster then a juggernaut.
It has good close range weapons and can take a punch in return however not as much as juggernaut.
Has some long range weapons but not as much as a juggernaut.

Harasser (combat type of scout)
-stereotypical weight class: light and mediums.

Characteristic: Uses it's small profile, high speeds. and lack of being a threat to deal damage to a larger mech with other friendlies around.

Without larger mechs, it often serves as a distraction otherwise in terms of combat applications.

The 2 fastest heavy mech situation.

Yes, they may be able to be that close to your max speed, but you have the jump jets to go to places in a few seconds which would take them a good few minutes to get to. (ie the other side of the HPG wall, over the canyons in canyon network or sulfur, etc.)

And that is 2 of the IS heavies with the biggest XL engine. I doubt you will see anyone put an XL 360 often in there heavy, it's often an XL 300. Just because there is a big engine cap doesn't mean you should do it. How often do you see an atlas with an XL 350 to 400?

anyway. as the saKhan of CGSI I do not have the power to magically change your mist lynx. Due to my unbiased mind even after this I hold nothing against you
I have nothing to ban you for currently. I have no way to alter your time here in any way, shape, or form. All I am working on atm is working on the trial system with Will and stuff. Beyond that it's like I never existed.

Also I will love to see how a spider with 2 medium lasers will out damage you who can have 2 ER medium lasers, an ER small laser, and 2 SRM 6's.

Or the 1 medium laser 4 machine guns for the spider/ locust. etc...

Anyway I am ending this here. This has gone on long enough on this thread. I suggest you should move this to the PM's.

#56 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

View PostZelthar the mecha wizard, on 21 November 2014 - 11:02 AM, said:

https://www.dropbox....ot0007.jpg?dl=0 Oh man, look how bad the Mist Lynx is, guys... Geez-us Christ, it SOOOOO AWFUL!

And, yes. I am a bit of a A-hole.

a good pilot making a bad mech work does not make a bad mech a good mech. And 400 dmg wow, lol, thats not even that good that is more or less what the aveage should be at all.Aand most Firestarters cna do this + more easily and better.

#57 Apocryph0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 325 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:31 AM

View PostSKINLESS, on 04 January 2015 - 02:13 PM, said:

Yea, the Mist Lynx does suck.

Yesterday, I had a Firestarter with one leg and got chased back to the base and killed the last 5 mechs on the enemy team. It was some Willaim Munny last stand sh%t. There is no way that would have happened in a Mist Lynx.

lol, actually had exactly this happen to me 2 days ago in my Ember, should have screens at home still :D. Ended up being 6 kills(5 with only 1 Leg left) and just under 1k damage. No, no clan light would be able to pull these things off, sadly, but I have to admit it is still fun to jump around slamming SRMs in peoples faces with it :)

View PostLily from animove, on 05 January 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

Aand most Firestarters cna do this + more easily and better.

Sad but true, unless I sacrifice myself in the Firestarter Early on (Knowing that this move will kill me) it is hard to get below 400-500 damage per round. In a Mist Lynx 400 damage sounds like an achievement tho :D (Heck with the current hitreg a Locust does usually not die before dishing out 350 damage a match)

Edited by Apocryph0n, 05 January 2015 - 04:33 AM.

#58 Tidy

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 04:43 AM

Ho no you dont sonny, pawn me off with the pm route when you started the public bashing because of my opinion of this mech.
It was to see if you had the balls to say sorry for escalating this unesssarily.
And your still going, trying to prove your right because it's your opinion and must apply to everyone!

Stop being so pedantic about harraser/brawler etc it's popular forum cultural terminology, weather from factual basis or not is applyed to a style of play. Hell I've seen multiple posts on fire starter being the best light brawler but thats not the point is it, point is you know what I was saying in the first place.

JJ are gimmics more than 3 is pointless 2 is fine, HPG or Bog 6 are nice, everyother map? The only main REAL reason people use jj's atm is to feather it for funky hit reg, poptarting, or light rush in CW/gate gens. Shock I just posted the elefant in the room.

And now the xl360 sure people wont use max engine but 17.8kph difference is straight line running, real games myst will weave, heavy will straight line so it will still apply and it does!

Now how dare you even post about banning you know I'm done is that just a last word thing on this? You get the last word? is that right?

And lastly spiders sustained fire is much much better, mg build is click and hold everything down untill dead as it impossible to miss with these weapons, locust is smaller and faster than that. Myst lynx heat build up is so fast then dissipation is so slow sustain fire consists of 1/4 of a match shooting, 3/4 cooling down. 3 DHS from JJ sound nice here right?

I can out perform in any IS light to this mech and have more fun doing so.

You live with blinkers on.

Edited by Tidy, 05 January 2015 - 04:46 AM.

#59 FalconerGray

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 362 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 06:58 AM

I think the Mist Lynx is great fun. The ERPPC build is my go-to mech for when I'm getting frustrated or bored of the game. Taking out a cored target whilst flying through the air at a silly angle is about as satisfying as it gets and I really do enjoy being able to jump to anywhere on the map I please. Legging confused enemies who can't work out where they're being shot at is great.

But the key to all of that is......fun. It's fun, enjoyable, entertaining, but in my hands at least, that's about all it's good for.

I've been comparing my stats between a PPC and ERLL build and over the course of the last 5 games, my best result was a score of 47 and 319 damage. Then I accidentally dropped in a trial Fightstarter and started cursing myself for being so stupid, then starting cursing the game for dropping me on Terra Therma of all places.....then I pulled a 110 match score with 504 damage and 9 assists. Oh...um.

But having said that, what am I dropping now? Yep, straight back to the Mist Lynx with a grin (and no expectation of anything more).

#60 juxstapo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 06 January 2015 - 07:04 AM

holy tish bit! Myst Lynx'es just cured my constipation!

(I dunno, just didn't want to be left out.)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users