92 replies to this topic

#41 Tahawus

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 189 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 08:43 AM

View PostDesintegrator, on 25 November 2014 - 08:32 AM, said:

Great idea - but also make it possible to send "owned Mechs" to friends !!

I have so many Mechs I dont want to play anymore and why is there no marketplace where I can sell them to other players ??

Anyone would like to have an Atlas for 5 million cbills ??

That wouldn't make any business sense for PGI, unless they made the purchase be in MC, and even then it potentially cuts into their revenue.

#42 WarHippy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,835 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 24 November 2014 - 05:37 PM, said:

We are very happy to announce the MechWarrior: Online Gifting system, just in time for Christmas!

All currently available Collections can be gifted:

• Clan Invasion Wave 1
• Clan Invasion Wave 2
• Resistance Collection

Buying a Collection as a gift will provide you with a unique redemption code. Simply send this code to the gift recipient and have them redeem it through https://mwomercs.com/redeem using their existing MWO account.

The gift recipient also receives any qualifying monthly reward tiers starting from the date of the gift code purchase!

I'm really glad we are finally seeing gifting it is long over due and greatly appreciated. However, it needs to be opened up to everything not just packages.

Also, will this eventually be made more seamless so it that I can just gift things to people on my friends list while in game?(Assuming I have the MC to do so that is)

#43 AztecD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 656 posts
  • LocationTijuana. MX

Posted 25 November 2014 - 09:20 AM

Allow me to purchase MC as a gift also, some of my pilots deserve some MC

#44 MrBlonde42

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 138 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 25 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostMrBlonde42, on 24 November 2014 - 11:46 PM, said:

If a player receives a Top Level Package, is the gift receiver eligible for the King Crab?

Answering my own question, but I would like some clarification on terms used in one of the agreements on the Gift Page.

If you are Gifting a Pre-Order Package, the Giftee will receive any valid Promotions or Pre-Order Monthly Reward Tiers that are associated with that particular Pre-Order Package. Pre-Order Monthly Reward Tier eligibility is calculated from the initial purchase date and time. All other standard rules for Pre-Order Monthly Reward Tier eligibility apply.

So the King Crab Mech is a Promotion, correct? In the Anniversary FAQ it is referred to as a reward.

Top Tier Reward
    • A free limited-edition King Crab!!! (with free Mechbay!)

#45 Project_Mercy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 430 posts

Posted 25 November 2014 - 01:43 PM

This is great, Thank you PGI.

#46 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:33 AM

View PostBront, on 25 November 2014 - 07:16 AM, said:

Then the account hackers will start (though at least cockpit items isn't mechs). At least now it's just a code redemption. MC packages are probably coming soon, but I doubt we'll see much beyond that.

seriously? for what?

First MWO isn't that popular, so its not a real target of profit.
Second: profit what kind of profit does it offer the hackeR? he can't sell those items, otherwise people could simply but the items in store. Further The only reaosn for such accoutns hacks is in most games for either selling the account itself or the inageme currency for reallife Currency. Right now there isn't any real money to make with hacking any MWO account.

Further I game since 16 years on PC's and was in LOADS of games and enver was any Account stolen. It really requires a quite careless usr o get his accoutn stolen. So what? its mor elikely that your paypal account is a target of any attack than your MWO ones, because with hacked Paypal there is actually true money to make.

#47 Nightshade24

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 3,972 posts
  • LocationSolaris VII

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:58 AM

Idea: Make gifts cost LESS then normal packages. This way people will most likely give gifts to other people and can be a good gift exchange for say christmas or birthdays or what ever.

"Why would making it cheaper be a good idea? we won't get as much money and people will abuse it to get the packs cheaper for themself"

it could. But this would also mean people giving each other stuff more often and gifts does make someone feel happy that someone cares or likes another person to give them a gift or something. Better then being a loner buying yourself stuff.

It may also encourage more sales..

if lowering price is to much to ask, then what about a free cockpit item + small premium time or a tiny bit of MC say 700 or so.

Just a slight bonus to both receiver and gifter. (maybe give it that the more times you gifted the cheaper each pack is?)

#48 Sirius Drake

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Altruist
  • The Altruist
  • 467 posts
  • LocationThe Aett

Posted 26 November 2014 - 05:55 AM

I just want to know when it will be extended to Mc, prem time and Hero mechs!

#49 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:30 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 26 November 2014 - 01:33 AM, said:

seriously? for what?

First MWO isn't that popular, so its not a real target of profit.
Second: profit what kind of profit does it offer the hackeR? he can't sell those items, otherwise people could simply but the items in store. Further The only reaosn for such accoutns hacks is in most games for either selling the account itself or the inageme currency for reallife Currency. Right now there isn't any real money to make with hacking any MWO account.

Further I game since 16 years on PC's and was in LOADS of games and enver was any Account stolen. It really requires a quite careless usr o get his accoutn stolen. So what? its mor elikely that your paypal account is a target of any attack than your MWO ones, because with hacked Paypal there is actually true money to make.

I've had someone do $800 of damage to my car for a $100 part. Never underestimate the desperation and greed of people when there's something to be gained.

#50 Jeffrey Wilder

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 06:47 AM

Fantastic! There is finally a way for people to sell mechs for real money!!!

Applicable for players that somehow cannot buy MC online :D

#51 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 07:10 AM

Very Nice!

Now, that said, i don't know who I would want to gift a package to, but I'd really like to be able to gift smaller items, 'mechs, cockpit trinkets, etc. as tourney winnings, unit awards, etc. ... that would really make me happy.

#52 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:45 AM

View PostEdweird, on 24 November 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

While this is VERY cool and I'd love to be able to surprise someone with a package (considering I can't afford one for myself) we have to keep in mind that gifting premium currency isn't likely to happen. It is simply well-established that it is not a particularly good move financially for Free2Play games.

Then again ... one can hope.

How so? They sell, thru middlemen, to players who would otherwise never buy premium currency/items. It also encourages players to play more to earn the in-game currency. Sure it does encourage gold sellers, but that's likely to happen anyway...

Which BTW, does that mean we will in-match spammers now?

#53 PappySmurf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 842 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 08:49 AM

PGI why don't you gift us with a decent reward system? Right now your driving away to many new players with your crappy grind system and low C-bill and XP rewards. You current system only benefits those that have premium time, hero mechs , or fully skilled and fully moduled mechs

#54 tripsangel

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 72 posts
  • LocationUSA, WA

Posted 26 November 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 26 November 2014 - 08:45 AM, said:

How so? They sell, thru middlemen, to players who would otherwise never buy premium currency/items. It also encourages players to play more to earn the in-game currency. Sure it does encourage gold sellers, but that's likely to happen anyway...

Which BTW, does that mean we will in-match spammers now?

"OMG THE ENTIRE 12 PERSON TEAM IS MADE UP COMPLETELY OF SPAM BOTS!!!! CRUSH THEM!!!"

lol, that is funny...
or
"I'm the only player on my team???"

#55 EAP10

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 401 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:16 PM

This is neat! Now people that can't get things for themselves can let others get it for them! Amazing! :D

:ph34r:

#56 PhoenixNMGLB

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 307 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 02:30 PM

If you can gift owned mechs the system is open to abuse in the form of farm bots.

However I would like to be able to gift MC, premium time and champion/hero mechs.

Come on pgi - in time for Christmas? :)

#57 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 27 November 2014 - 07:49 AM

I think MC should be giftable ASAP. This would allow prizes in external competitions, raffles, contests, donations, etc... It could open up many interesting possibilities.

#58 Marvyn Dodgers

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 27 November 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostJeffrey Wilder, on 26 November 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

Fantastic! There is finally a way for people to sell mechs for real money!!!

Applicable for players that somehow cannot buy MC online :D
Please note the gifting system only applies to collections . . .

#59 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 27 November 2014 - 03:41 PM

Act now and get this lovely car:

Posted Image

Due to popularity the Clowns are sold seperately.

Edited by Hawk819, 27 November 2014 - 03:42 PM.

#60 cRaZy8or5e

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 28 November 2014 - 07:43 AM

View PostSloddor, on 24 November 2014 - 05:44 PM, said:

Id really like to buy some MC for friends, you should widen the store =)

QFT

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users