8 replies to this topic

#1 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:37 AM

You don't notice it in anything but a light, but ramming causes leg damage. Just now in a match by the time I got free of the clusterfork at the spawn point my right leg was yellow. Then get to the first conquest point only to be run over again (was up against the pump to avoid this) and bam my leg goes yellow and the right takes more damage...

#2 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:42 AM

Yeah. I do my best to avoid players so I can preserve my legs, but I probably take about 2 or 3 percent of my total damage from collisions, usually unavoidable ones.

#3 Kain Demos

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:46 AM

I don't care so much about the damage as much as when they induce clipping by touching you so you waste an alpha or ride so far up your ass you take a bunch of damage since you can't back up when you need too.

#4 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 10:49 AM

They don't even have to hit you. You walk too close and the giant collision geometry of most 'Mechs will also take your leg out. People want knockdowns back, but those not-so-precise collision models are going to really screw with everybody.

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 26 November 2014 - 10:49 AM.

#5 LordMelvin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 567 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:00 AM

I got flanked by a couple PPC lights once, and they ripped into me for a bit before I could pull into cover. As soon as I was clear though, a shadowhawk went whizzing by, clipped my cherry red rear torso, and blew out all of my ammo.

I'm still not sure how it happened, but that was the closest I've come to ragequitting in a long time.

#6 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

View PostYeonne Greene, on 26 November 2014 - 10:42 AM, said:

Yeah. I do my best to avoid players so I can preserve my legs, but I probably take about 2 or 3 percent of my total damage from collisions, usually unavoidable ones.

I mean at the spawn point when you get run over by another player...whether a light or the MM paired you up with an assault that turns and runs you over.

I get weird lag spikes, like today, so I can't always get out of the way.

#7 Danghen Woolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 339 posts
  • LocationHarlech, Romulus, Outreach

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:27 AM

Had a friendly Banshee pilot step on one of my Locust's damaged legs, crushed the foot actuator and I had to limp around for the rest of the mission.

#8 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 26 November 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 26 November 2014 - 11:13 AM, said:

I mean at the spawn point when you get run over by another player...whether a light or the MM paired you up with an assault that turns and runs you over.

I get weird lag spikes, like today, so I can't always get out of the way.

There are also those times when you are sprinting out of the line of fire, see a nice opening, move to it, and then have bozo with his zoomed-in shootymobile blindly walk in front at the last minute thereby closing the gap, getting you tangled on his legs, and damaging your 'Mech. And you're also still probably taking enemy fire.

Or how about those instances where you were alone trying to light up targets for allies, and some random walks up directly behind you and sits there to start blazing away at targets. You can't know he's right on your legs until you hit him, because the map is not scoped down to that close detail level.

#9 Willard Phule

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,920 posts
  • LocationThe Omega Company compound on Outreach

Posted 26 November 2014 - 01:11 PM

Dude....

Unzooming to move so you don't trip on stuff or run into teammates is HARD.

SO hard, in fact, that it's pretty much a given that at any point in time, 75% of your team won't be able to do it.

Oddly enough, that's also the same ratio that can't spell BAP or shoot while moving. Wonder if it's coincidence.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users