112 replies to this topic

#21 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 29 November 2014 - 05:03 PM

I do think what the hell they were thinking when they did this mech... did they even test it? I do hope that my ping isnt the problem... 180ms of ping shouldn make the diference
Still, this mech simply sucks... they need to redo this mech or fix the hit boxes

#22 Remarius

Banned - Cheating

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 820 posts
  • LocationBrighton, England

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:49 AM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 29 November 2014 - 04:57 PM, said:

mine does.... are you doing it wrong?

Sure tell me the fit and your tactics.....

#23 unwary

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Clan Exemplar
  • Clan Exemplar
  • 184 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 11:59 AM

I find there are 2 things that really kills the mist lynx for me, the fixed clan BAP and the fixed jumpjets. Those take up a lot of tonnage.

#24 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:02 PM

View Postunwary, on 30 November 2014 - 11:59 AM, said:

I find there are 2 things that really kills the mist lynx for me, the fixed clan BAP and the fixed jumpjets. Those take up a lot of tonnage.

I find those two items provide amazing utility for you and your team...

What ECM?
What obstacles?

#25 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:11 PM

So, I have been using my Mist Lynx constantly for the last two days. I actually find it to be an incredibly enjoyable ride. :D
Using the MLX-C's arms, I run with 2xMPL plus the AMS/ECM combo that comes stock with the 'Mech. Works well enough for me! :)
And just today, I have finally been killed for the first time while using it (and no, I do not deliberately stay away from combat to "pad" this) which was an interesting thing for me, as I am usually prone to dying often in my 'Mechs. :P

So, in short, while it may not be the perfect light 'Mech around, if you know what you are doing (and also a little bit lucky) you can do well enough in the Mist Lynx to succeed, and even aid your team. :)

PS: Hopping up onto the wall on HPG is a blast, and an easy way to distract the enemy by busting up their turrets. :ph34r: :lol:

#26 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:13 PM

View PostBluefalcon13, on 30 November 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

What ECM?
What obstacles?

Well, that is all good and stuff, but its not really usefull as a team mech. This mech simply sucks... there is no way around it, you can put sugar on top or whatever, but the fact is that this mech is the weakest mech on the game!!! Wich is a shame since is a clan mech

#27 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:18 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 30 November 2014 - 12:13 PM, said:

...but its not really usefull as a team mech...

I tend to disagree. If your team is actually sticking together and being smart, its Active Probe (or ECM if you have that installed) can be of great use to your team, by providing its bonuses to everyone.
It is weak, yes, but it weighs 25 tons. Give it a break. It is no Jenner, nor is it a Raven. And definitely not a Cicada.
The Mist Lynx is what it is, and it does what it does well if you give it a chance to do so. ;)

#28 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:38 PM

View PostWonderSparks, on 30 November 2014 - 12:18 PM, said:

I tend to disagree. If your team is actually sticking together and being smart, its Active Probe (or ECM if you have that installed) can be of great use to your team, by providing its bonuses to everyone.
It is weak, yes, but it weighs 25 tons. Give it a break. It is no Jenner, nor is it a Raven. And definitely not a Cicada.
The Mist Lynx is what it is, and it does what it does well if you give it a chance to do so. ;)

Give it a chance? I did lol lots of chances... and by the way, any other mech can bring CAP/BAP, its not a mist lynx exclusive.
There is no comparison to any other light mechs, this mech simply sucks! Even the locust can outbeat a mist lynx, 1vs1.
Its hit boxes are huge for its size, PGI needs to rework its HB so it can survive, like they did on the locust and commando, otherwise, this mech will always be away from the field pushed into oblivion

#29 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:52 PM

Lol... The STOCK (yeah in caps) B eats locusts easy... Considering I like to run stock Sarna configs and I do pretty well in the mist lynx, I think it is alright. But hey, not everyone can locust/commando/mist lynx... I suck in a direwolf after all.

#30 WonderSparks

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 909 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:53 PM

View PostSpadejack, on 30 November 2014 - 12:38 PM, said:

Give it a chance? I did lol lots of chances... and by the way, any other mech can bring CAP/BAP, its not a mist lynx exclusive.
There is no comparison to any other light mechs, this mech simply sucks! Even the locust can outbeat a mist lynx, 1vs1.
Its hit boxes are huge for its size, PGI needs to rework its HB so it can survive, like they did on the locust and commando, otherwise, this mech will always be away from the field pushed into oblivion

Then obviously it is not for you. Leave it at that.
Yes I know Active Probes are not exclusive to the Mist Lynx. But not all 'Mechs end up with one in their equipment list. At least the Mist Lynx gets one by default, so everyone using it has one.

I stand by my statement that the Mist Lynx does well under the right circumstances. And if yours are getting torn apart by Locusts, then clearly they have an advantage over you that you are not countering. It weighs 5 tons more and has jump jets. Sure, it is slower, but it has the ability to get out of sticky situations on maps like Canyon Network a fair bit easier than the Locust can. Clan weapons not cutting up the Locust? Hop away, seek help. Better yet, do not be off on your own in the first place.
People have said it before, so I will say it again for posterity. Clan light 'Mechs are generally used to support their heavier allies, not be lone scouts. (I may use them for that but I am no professional or competitive player)

But again, if you are so frustrated with the Mist Lynx, feel free to stop using it and let those of us who do like it enjoy it.
Every time you find a 'Mech that does not suit your "needs" does not give you reason to rant about it on the forums.

#31 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 30 November 2014 - 12:54 PM

umm I think its you, i'm not a stellar light player, but I'm getting 3 kill games and alot of 300 plus damage, I do find that the damage output is somewhat limited in the missi;le builds and i'd rather pilot a comando, but its not a useless mech

#32 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:30 PM

View PostWonderSparks, on 30 November 2014 - 12:53 PM, said:

Then obviously it is not for you. Leave it at that.
Yes I know Active Probes are not exclusive to the Mist Lynx. But not all 'Mechs end up with one in their equipment list. At least the Mist Lynx gets one by default, so everyone using it has one.

I stand by my statement that the Mist Lynx does well under the right circumstances. And if yours are getting torn apart by Locusts, then clearly they have an advantage over you that you are not countering. It weighs 5 tons more and has jump jets. Sure, it is slower, but it has the ability to get out of sticky situations on maps like Canyon Network a fair bit easier than the Locust can. Clan weapons not cutting up the Locust? Hop away, seek help. Better yet, do not be off on your own in the first place.
People have said it before, so I will say it again for posterity. Clan light 'Mechs are generally used to support their heavier allies, not be lone scouts. (I may use them for that but I am no professional or competitive player)

But again, if you are so frustrated with the Mist Lynx, feel free to stop using it and let those of us who do like it enjoy it.
Every time you find a 'Mech that does not suit your "needs" does not give you reason to rant about it on the forums.

Sorry man, i have played all mechs on this game, i did tried them all.
And i do agree on one thing, i haevent found a form that i can pilot this mech... wich doesnt help. I have Adders, Kit Foxes, so im not unknown on clan light mechs. I do know that light clan mechs arent made for scouting nor they work as IS light mechs.

The problem isnt on the way of piloting this mech, is on its model. This mech is simply too slow for the size of its Hit Boxes. Once this mech is targetet by anyone, it will loose something... comparing to the commando or spider... damn, even the locust, they seem to withstand damage alot more, i already compared it with my locusts and commandos... The only way to be any chalange to a firestarter or any other light is to put 3CSL and 2CSSRM4, no ECM of course...

So yes, its a broken mech, actually, a fail mech and PGI needs either buff him alot, rework its Hit Boxes or rework on its geomethry so it can make him in a way that his arms arent so easelly destroyed...
Concluding, this mech is fun to play, it is. But is the worst mech in the whole game none the less! I know some of you wont agree with me, but if you can do good in a MLX, most probably you will do excelent on other lights. So, try them alot, try 1vs1 on a private match with one of your friends, compare with other lights on the game, and you will know that what im saying is true... it is the weakest mech, the most easelly killed, any damage it gets seems to be double, and with its so weak arms, it gets cut down so fast.

But please remember, its a fun mech to play

#33 Odanan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 8,199 posts
  • LocationBrazil

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:53 PM

It will need smaller arm hitboxes and some great quirks to be anything close to competitive, but I saw some players put a hell of a fight with it, specially in the Viridian Bog (ninja jumping hit and run attacks).

Not my play style, though.

Edited by Odanan, 30 November 2014 - 01:56 PM.

#34 Bartholomew bartholomew

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:23 PM

It seems tough enough when going against it. It is very jumpy when I go against it ingame. And the legs seem to be very tough compared to others.

#35 Jack Spade Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 432 posts
  • LocationEarth

Posted 30 November 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostBartholomew bartholomew, on 30 November 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

It seems tough enough when going against it. It is very jumpy when I go against it ingame. And the legs seem to be very tough compared to others.

Yes, it very jumpy, wich is what makes this mech fun to play, but the legs arent like youre saying, the legs are weak and get blown up alot faster than a commando's leg.

#36 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:58 PM

With the JJs it lives a lot longer than slower commandos (similar top speeds). A lot of enemies aim for the legs on lights, and in my mist lynx, I'm like a rabbit on crack... Helps to not get legged most of the time tbh.

Edited by Bluefalcon13, 30 November 2014 - 04:58 PM.

#37 heleqin

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 05:41 PM

bad compared to what? its the same tonnage as the locust. is it better than a locust? its too light to compare to anything else.

#38 Bluefalcon13

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 355 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:24 PM

View Postheleqin, on 30 November 2014 - 05:41 PM, said:

bad compared to what? its the same tonnage as the locust. is it better than a locust? its too light to compare to anything else.

Technically, its heavier than the locust. Same weight as a commando. Biggest difference is it has JJs and a lower max speed than a commando. As a previous commando pilot, I think the mist lynx is pretty comparable to the commando. Jump jets change the play style pretty drastically though (and slower top speed). In my 171kph TDK, I would run through formations relying on my speed to protect me, and plan a route to break contact from the enemy. Can't really do that With a mist lynx, but you can use higher level terrain the commando can only dream of.

#39 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 06:29 PM

I'm pretty sure the Mist Lynx can be summed up by the instructor's comment on the drone you fight in Mechwarrior 2's training.

"It is not fast, and has outdated weapons, however it is dangerous to fleshy-headed mutants like yourself."

#40 Win Ott

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Serpent
  • The Serpent
  • 153 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Southern Reach

Posted 01 December 2014 - 03:50 AM

Mist Lynx is totally a fail mech.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users