Mist Lynx Is Fail Mech

112 replies to this topic

#81 bad arcade kitty

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 04:56 AM

View PostThe Basilisk, on 05 July 2015 - 04:47 AM, said:

For me the problem is the other way round....
IS lights, firestarter, raven, spider are performing contrary tho what they should be.
Those are SCOUT or contra SCOUT Mechs.
Especialy the Firestarter should be an anti infantrie/ anti tank/ anti scout urban warfare mech.
Not an effin F1 racer with invulnerability distrotion lagshield hitboxes and firepower some mediums can't field.
Same thing goes with the other lights to a differing degree.
The notion a light mech could take on an assault should be hillarious nothing more.

well, it's a pvp game and every mech should be a viable killer there, especially when we don't have any role warfare

#82 Night Thastus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 825 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:11 AM

My god people love to b*tch about 'Mechs being garbade.
The myst lynx is a fantastic 'Mech, and well-quirked. I've pulled off 5-kill 600+ damage pug drops and decent CW stats in it.
I love it, personally. Just requires different piloting.

The executioner is the same way. Requires a different playstyle, but once you adapt, it is highly useful.

I'm getting sick of these "X 'Mech sucks" post. None of them do. They can all be extremely powerful in the right hands.

#83 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:15 AM

IS lights, firestarter, raven, spider are performing contrary tho what they should be.
Especialy the Firestarter should be an anti infantrie/ anti tank/ anti scout urban warfare mech.
Not an effin F1 racer with invulnerability distrotion lagshield hitboxes and firepower some mediums can't field.
The notion a light mech could take on an assault should be hillarious nothing more.

An assault should never ever wander off alone, OR be left behind. Some pug battles have turned into nascar events, and I have no clue why.

EVERY battle in pugs where we destroy the other side, I mean rollstomp12/0 10/2 etc, we stuck together and moved as a giant slow cohesive unit, lights protecting our fatties, assaults pouring out damage.
Doesn't matter if we take the hill, or not, go water, or not, pour into the tunnel, or not.
I can predict the outcome of a game in the first 3 minutes with spooky accuracy.
Firestarters are utterly INEFFECTUAL by themselves. They MUST find some goof alone to be all that scary.
two faillynx against anything will eat that thing alive. one clan light anything at the end of the match will mop up stragglers if that guy knows how to play

Grasp gameplay: profit

#84 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:22 AM

For me the problem is the other way round....

It is hilarious. Only when a light mech is piloted right, can you pull such a feat off.

EDIT: oh and you need a terrible pilot in the assault.

Edited by IraqiWalker, 05 July 2015 - 05:30 AM.

#85 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 05:57 AM

oh crap...look who showed up...that MIAL (mutant in a locust) :D
Living testament to the whole a crappy light in good hands screenshot where you go "wtf...a light did that much damage"

#86 CarterMY

Rookie

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 07:43 PM

The Mist Lynx is arguably and almost certainly the worst light mech in the game. That being said, I love this mech and it is a joy to pilot. It's fast enough and the jump jets make up for the lack of true break neck speeds.

I will always run mine with

2 Machine Guns
2 Small pulse lasers
1 SRM6

Hang with your bros for the first part of the match. Goof off and spot enemies till open fighting begins then never let off the gas and never let go of the trigger.

Expect to get one shot sometimes. It's a light deal with it. You should be able to deal atleast 300-500 damage a match. Expec 500-1000 on the best matches.

It's not easy but it's worth it and it's very fun.

#87 bad arcade kitty

• Bridesmaid
  • 5,100 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:34 PM

View PostThat Dawg, on 05 July 2015 - 05:57 AM, said:

Living testament to the whole a crappy light in good hands screenshot where you go "wtf...a light did that much damage"

right now locust isn't nearly the worst light mech being significantly better than commando and mlx

#88 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 July 2015 - 09:43 PM

View PostThat Dawg, on 05 July 2015 - 05:57 AM, said:

Am I the MIAL?

#89 Hawk819

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,624 posts
  • Location666 Werewolf Lane. Transylvania, Romania Ph#: Transylvania 6-5000

Posted 05 July 2015 - 10:04 PM

View PostBluefalcon13, on 28 November 2014 - 11:07 AM, said:

I'm with Apoccryph0n on this one. Its actually not a bad mech, but does have downsides. I can't play it like my spiders or commandos, but it can hold its own very well.

For me, what I find works is the B config, or 4 cermlas. stick to the pack, and bounce between the flanks. If there is cover, do some poptarting. That tends to get me some good damage, and kills most matches, but if I have a head-space error, then more than likely I am dead or disarmed.

Exactly. Look to it's greater strengths than it's weaknesses. It has speed similar to the Spider, but not as nimble, and the firepower is something to be desired for better. Yet, by an large, it outguns the Commando by a small margin. I love to use it for hit and run. I wait for my heavier mates to jump on a target, and I help by using the speed to keep my distance for the target. Like other Light `Mechs, it can harry the hell out of an Assault with ease. Provided of course, the doesn't have friends close by.

I love the Misty, and I'm a Heavy/Medium/Assault `Mech player. Imagine that.:)

#90 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:09 AM

View PostIraqiWalker, on 05 July 2015 - 09:43 PM, said:

Am I the MIAL?

Change your call sign!!!

No, the locust is NOT the worse light mech..its outstanding. Unfair comparison. The good thing about the lynx is 1) its filled with helium- high flying mech in game and hits the apex and floats..I've OVERSHOT my target often enough 2)ECM 3) can places other mechs cant- it is that small, weird terrain hit box areas I've shot and shot and shot, they shoot back and shoot back I take no damage and they get whittled away. I 1v1'd a Raven we traded shots I took no damage, he lost his legs- crimson straight standing on a roof top under an antennae looking thing. And no

I keep going back to one LPL, modules: range/cooldown/seismic

#91 NUJRSYDEVIL

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 331 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

I know I sound like a broken record but there's an incredibly easy way to fix this mech.

1) Unlock ALL Jump Jets
2) The MLX-C arm w/ ECM should be allowed to carry AT LEAST one laser or missile hardpoint.

#92 Brizna

• Liquid Metal
  • 1,360 posts
  • LocationCatalonia

Posted 09 July 2015 - 11:32 AM

View PostDr Dreus MD, on 05 July 2015 - 07:43 PM, said:

The Mist Lynx is arguably and almost certainly the worst light mech in the game.

It's not arguable and it's certainly not the worst mech in the game, it's about as fast as Panther and Urbanmech BUT (and this is a big but) has access to clan tech weapons while being one of the few clan mechs that actually have meaningful quirks.

My personal favourite is 4xSPL, followed by ERPPC+ECM, I don't like SRM build because clan SRMs spread way too much and machineguns are a joke in any mech that can't boat them massively ... and even then they are meh.

#93 Shadey99

• The Tip of the Spear
  • The Tip of the Spear
  • 1,241 posts

Posted 09 July 2015 - 06:41 PM

View PostBrizna, on 09 July 2015 - 11:32 AM, said:

My personal favourite is 4xSPL

Go full out with 4xMPL... It's crazy hot, but no one sees it coming til their armor peels off like wet paint... xD

Edited by Shadey99, 10 July 2015 - 06:21 AM.

#94 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 03:47 AM

I did ok with a ML, 2 SRM6/ 2tons ammo
just a very fragile mech.
its not a brawler, we know that, thats not the point, the thing is- if you chose to use weapns that need to be deployed under 250 meters, all it takes, is one lucky alpha and suddenly your dead or severely crippled.
once that happens, now you start playing cowardly...sorry...I mean excessively cautious
tried 4mpl as well, and went back, again, to the one LPL, stay back, hide never stop firing, the BEST use of this mech is to flank and fire till they see you, and suddenly they quit focusing on "the line" and go after you. Weakening "the line". You haul off.
get high, get behind distract, call out targets, and run off I get 300 damage+ a kill and some wins using the annoying scout method.
sometimes under 100 damage die early trying to get close

#95 The Choppa

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
  • LocationStraya Mechty

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:38 AM

Mist Lynx should just be considered a "higher skill requirement" mech to be able to do well in.
That's probably not even the correct phrase, but w/e, im tired, you get the point right?

Not all mechs can pull 1000+ damage games, in every pilot's hands. Everyone has their preference, and what they inherently do better in. I do not do well in Mist Lynx either, nor do I do well in a Stormcrow, Wolverine 6K or Dire Wolf. Maybe I may be a little special in the head, or maybe i just really mesh well with other tactics. EG my highest win/loss ratio (in a mech where i played more than 10 games) is in a Hellbringer A, than Ravan 3L, than a Kintaro 20. What even is a Kintaro 20.

TL:DR just because you cant get the results in a certain mech that you get in other mechs, doesn't make it a "bad mech". You just may be bad at it, and that is perfectly fine. You can't be godlike at everything :)

#96 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 10 July 2015 - 05:53 AM

View PostDeathchoppa, on 10 July 2015 - 04:38 AM, said:

What even is a Kintaro 20.

With quirks, modules, full elite? I named mine JackHammer, cause it just pounds LRM's into mechs, like a jackhammer on concrete. :lol:
Hmmm, haven't run that in weeks...brb, mkay bye

p.s. yup, the stynx is not my favorite mech, just had to have an ultralight for CW drops- and it HAD to be fully elited/researched out to be of any value (but that was an amazing game I posted a couple of pages back), in pugs if I have the light itch, I'll grab a locust. but you're right, its a very much 'advanced' user mech.

#97 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:44 AM

The 4 x CSPL build is actually very good......just a shame you have to give up ECM to run it.

#98 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 10 July 2015 - 10:56 AM

I prefer 3x SPL and 2x Machine guns. Bounce like hell everywhere, the heat efficiency is nice enough that you can fire for ages without overheating. The 2 mach guns are not quite as heavy hitters as the 4th SPL, but the ability to continually keep at it makes up for it.

#99 Kain Demos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,629 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 10 July 2015 - 11:01 AM

View PostWolf Clearwater, on 10 July 2015 - 10:56 AM, said:

I prefer 3x SPL and 2x Machine guns. Bounce like hell everywhere, the heat efficiency is nice enough that you can fire for ages without overheating. The 2 mach guns are not quite as heavy hitters as the 4th SPL, but the ability to continually keep at it makes up for it.

The heat cap does not come quickly with 4 either, and if I have stuck around long enough to reach it then my death is probably imminent.

#100 Wolf Clearwater

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 571 posts
  • LocationOn your 6...

Posted 10 July 2015 - 04:54 PM

View PostKain Demos, on 10 July 2015 - 11:01 AM, said:

The heat cap does not come quickly with 4 either, and if I have stuck around long enough to reach it then my death is probably imminent.

Sadly, it redlines all too quickly when you are jumping constantly. :ph34r:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users