• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 28 November 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

well....wasn't sure how to spell "masochistic"

Masochism implies they enjoy pain.

I think its more of a projection and a proxy...

They place all their hopes and dreams of greatness in this life onto a tribal-proxy in which they get a martyr complex because they are proud for staying 'loyal' to an entity that not only eats their time/money/shame, it gives them the hope of someday being justified and validated.
That and the self righteous armchair coaching whose logic is thus: the pro coach paid millions F'd it up so many times, my ideas would work because i played highschool football for 2 years. Hence i can coach a pro team. Because my ideas are the opposite of the pro and i worship Johnny Football cuz he throws balls real far.

Thats my amateur field analysis so far...
Based on a test pool of friends and relatives.

#42 Diznitch

• PipPipPip
  • Star Captain
  • Star Captain
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:38 PM

The grind is a trap. Take it from someone who played EverQuest for years. (thousands of hours) The game becomes more fun when you stop watching the progress. Play for the match. Not for the CBills. And consider that for the price of a movie and popcorn, this game offers a LOT more fun for a lot more hours. It's a steal. Spend some $$$. It's much cheaper than your date will be!

#43 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:45 PM

View PostInspectorG, on 28 November 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

Masochism implies they enjoy pain.

I think its more of a projection and a proxy...

They place all their hopes and dreams of greatness in this life onto a tribal-proxy in which they get a martyr complex because they are proud for staying 'loyal' to an entity that not only eats their time/money/shame, it gives them the hope of someday being justified and validated.
That and the self righteous armchair coaching whose logic is thus: the pro coach paid millions F'd it up so many times, my ideas would work because i played highschool football for 2 years. Hence i can coach a pro team. Because my ideas are the opposite of the pro and i worship Johnny Football cuz he throws balls real far.

Thats my amateur field analysis so far...
Based on a test pool of friends and relatives.

Huh....I figured being Browns fans, you MUST love pain

(oh, and not one of the Browns fans I know here in Columbus like Johnny Football...lol)

#44 InspectorG

• The Boombox
  • The Boombox
  • 4,469 posts
  • LocationCleveland, Ohio

Posted 28 November 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostBulletsponge0, on 28 November 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Huh....I figured being Browns fans, you MUST love pain

(oh, and not one of the Browns fans I know here in Columbus like Johnny Football...lol)

Idiots calling on the radio, until recently, we calling to start Johnny Football.

Well, once he started becoming a problem, lets say, uh, now..., The Mist Lynx gets a warmer welcome. :D
Maybe residents of Columbus are smarter?
Go Gladiators!

#45 mogs01gt

• Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:13 PM

i was once a supporter that this game was a bit p2w but once you get a mech that gives you cbills bonus, its fairly easy to gain cbills. my issue is the game becomes a bit redundant and a bore fest. we need more game modes.

ohh and **** johnny! how many ohio players do we have damn!

Edited by mogs01gt, 28 November 2014 - 04:15 PM.

#46 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,944 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 04:22 PM

View Postmogs01gt, on 28 November 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

i was once a supporter that this game was a bit p2w but once you get a mech that gives you cbills bonus, its fairly easy to gain cbills. my issue is the game becomes a bit redundant and a bore fest. we need more game modes.

ohh and **** johnny! how many ohio players do we have damn!

Cheesehead stuck in ohio :(

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users