#21 Chemie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:40 AM

this competitive hate is funny.

I think PGI did the queue wrong. Instead of pug/team they should do "people who want to run mechs that jump 80m high for LOL" and a second queue for "people who want to kill mechs and preferably win or at least have a close game"

I am not saying min/max but at least have mechs that are good. Not need to follow TT; just allow panther to have same engine as other 35 tonner and maybe a decent amount of hardpoints. Otherwise, it is just silly...not even "content"

Edited by Chemie, 28 November 2014 - 09:42 AM.

#22 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostCathy, on 28 November 2014 - 09:35 AM, said:

Mechs stopped bringing anything new to the game ages ago, you buy them for the skin and memories and for the fun value

^^^ This.

It's a shell game at this point... All mechs that hit our battlefields going forwards are statistically only a nut or bolt different in design and the biggest difference will be purely cosmetic outside of hit-box efficiencies and hardpoint positioning.

Edited by DaZur, 28 November 2014 - 09:45 AM.

#23 Chemie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,491 posts
  • LocationMI

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:45 AM

View PostDaZur, on 28 November 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

[/size]
^^^ This.

It's a shell game at this point... All mechs that hit our battlefields going forwards are statistically only a nut or bolt different in design and the biggest difference will be purely cosmetic outside of hit-box efficiency.

Only the panther isn't even that. Hey I am always saying mechs are not content because M/E/B only have so many combinations. But to decide "Hey, let start releasing mechs are are inferior in all ways to those already out there", you know they hit the end of the road.

#24 DaZur

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:51 AM

View PostChemie, on 28 November 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

Only the panther isn't even that. Hey I am always saying mechs are not content because M/E/B only have so many combinations. But to decide "Hey, let start releasing mechs are are inferior in all ways to those already out there", you know they hit the end of the road.

Problem with that logic is eventually you paint your self into a technology corner... I.e... If all future releases need to be equal or greater than the last offering, in short order you run out of content. ;)

You can thank the overly generous customization allowances for the huge delta in mech design and the disparity in stock offerings.

Edited by DaZur, 28 November 2014 - 09:52 AM.

#25 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 28 November 2014 - 09:52 AM

The engine is a weakness but it's not the biggest one, IMO. I'm more concerned about dem hardpoints, with the majority of its payload (all of the energy weapons) in a vulnerable arm and only CT missile(s) for backup. Torso energy (especially if high mounted) would have been helpful.

At this point I think that a Raven 2X with 2 LPL (or use [ER]LL if you prefer) and 2 ML can actually be a better Panther than the Panther itself, for what that's worth. Lel.

#26 Cygone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 454 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:15 AM

No all Mechs are built equal. I accept that. Run a Panther in a MRBC or RHOD drop, no wont happen. Buy it to play it and have fun? Yeah why not.

#27 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostMAVRICK64, on 28 November 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

These mechs will be out of date when the next mech package(s) comes out sometime next year. Remember these mechs are low tech compared to the next wave of mechs coming.

The next wave of mechs uses the exact same tech we have now, tech you can find on any current optimized build. PGI would have to roll the timeline forward quite a bit to give us tech that's significantly better than what we currently have.

#28 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

I agree with you Satan but in order for a business (MWO) to continue change must happen. Changes must always be an improvement over what is already available so customers/players stay excited/engaged.

Edited by MAVRICK64, 28 November 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#29 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:27 AM

I guess we could give it a 15% speed tweak bonus as the quirk it needs, which would put it up there with the big boys of lights. Or we can just enjoy your regular end of match pics when someone finally had a good match in the mech and thus declare it pretty good.

Edited by Torgun, 28 November 2014 - 10:29 AM.

#30 Pale Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 786 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:29 AM

Given that I've played a two PPC Raven with JJs and a XL245 engine in the past for the LOLs, the Panther Prime sounds fun. If they give it significant quirks. (like +25% PPC or ERLL refire and heat buffs)

Edited by Pale Jackal, 28 November 2014 - 10:30 AM.

#31 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostMAVRICK64, on 28 November 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

I agree with you Satan but in order for a business (MWO) to continue change must happen. Changes must always be an improvement over what is already available so customers/players stay excited/engaged.

Not in this playerbase, people here would ( and do ) literally pay through the nose to get their favorite mech, and there's plenty of fan favorites left to choose from.

#32 LordKnightFandragon

• 7,239 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:35 AM

The IS get one mech that doesnt go 220 KPH and they throw a fit.....the clans are stuck with sub 100KPH lights straight across the board........and they think the Clans are OP....

#33 xengk

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 2,502 posts
  • LocationKuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostPale Jackal, on 28 November 2014 - 10:29 AM, said:

Given that I've played a two PPC Raven with JJs and a XL245 engine in the past for the LOLs, the Panther Prime sounds fun. If they give it significant quirks. (like +25% PPC or ERLL refire and heat buffs)

PPC Panther
A jumping noisy cicada?

#34 GentlemanBryan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 210 posts
  • LocationMemphis, Tn

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:39 AM

Good point about "people here..." but as you see PGI is not following LORE spec's. I believe they are trying to but they cant because they have to show growth (i.e. IRR, Cash payback, NPV, EBITDA). Anyway, we will see next year...

Edited by MAVRICK64, 28 November 2014 - 10:40 AM.

#35 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 28 November 2014 - 10:52 AM

It a 250, so at least it gets 10 TrueDubs, which is nice.

I think we can all agree, it will have some hefty quirks. Likely Tier 4 or 5(raven xX tier), and it will only lose one to JJs, none to a Jesus Box.

Hopefully useful quirks.

#36 Elizander

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 7,540 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:10 AM

Just put ECM, PPC velocity, PPC heat reduction and maybe range on the Panther. Some CD is alright but it's more important that it doesn't overheat after 3 shots. :P

#37 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:13 AM

The Panther would most likely need the following buffs/quirks:

Torso twist speed increase
Accel/Decel/Turn Rate boosts (because, slower engines make this problematic)
Increased Arm Protection/Armor for the gun arm
Large Radius For Arm Articulation and/or Torso Twist Range

This is just the basic stuff that would need to be covered.

Edited by Deathlike, 28 November 2014 - 11:14 AM.

#38 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 28 November 2014 - 11:24 AM

I run my FS9-H with 3xML, AC5, and a 255XL and do pretty well with it. Panther is only going to be a smidgeon slower. Play to what your build does.

#39 Malleus011

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

If competitive is all you care about, there are already a narrowly limited selection of 'mechs for you. Or just buy a Mad Cat.

Mechs like the Panther will never join the competitive pantheon, and that's OK.

Edited by Malleus011, 28 November 2014 - 12:10 PM.

#40 Agent 0 Fortune

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 28 November 2014 - 12:10 PM

View PostChemie, on 28 November 2014 - 08:07 AM, said:

GG close.

To be fair they designed this mech when the metabators were also poptarts. It was built to order: an asymmetric, jumping, humanoid, dual ppc mech.

And now you want to put in your order for next season, ECM. Really? that ship has already sailed, are you sure you want to pin your hopes on it.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users