Pgi The Hellbringer(Loki)/clan Energy "might" Need Tweaking :x

26 replies to this topic

#1 Purger of Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:18 AM

I'm probably not going to get a lot of fan mail for shining a light on this, but being a owner of one I'd like to give the community my honest opinion on this newly introduced Clan Mech.

Don't get me wrong, I love this thing, even when I was dying due to core destruction and it being a CT rain lrm catcher, but I honestly believe it/Clan needs some tweaking in the energy department to be "fair" to other mechs combating it/them :)

Here are my current stats and the Mech Build in question (Fully Elited/Mastered + cooldown modules for er medium/large lasers for faster alpha strikes)

Posted Image

HBR-PRIME < The build has a ER Large Laser in the head, just in case it doesn't show for some reason :x

I usually have a k/d of 1.75-ish, but with the introduction of this mech that number is climbing drastically and at an unbelievable rate for my skill level :wacko:

With the above build, I can fire 2 full alpha strikes with a range of 400-450 meters (53 damage each total of 106 damage in total after the alphas) on any map/area and not overheat and within seconds be able to chainfire the rest of my arsenal even whilst equipping cooldown modules and having it fully elited/mastered, and ever more alpha volleys on cooler maps.

I think this "problem" as I see it, only has surfaced now because of ample amounts of pod space and hardpoints the hellbringer is provided and the astonishing rate of cooling due to the amount of heatsinks it can stog into it's chassis.

I think a possible solution would be to have a ghost heat penalty firing more than 4 ER mediums/Pulses at the same time (Combined, so people don't cheese it to bypass the penalty). So with that being said it'd be 6 smalls before penalty, 4 mediums before penalty, and 2 large before penalty, I think those are good rounded numbers in my opinion.

Edit: Thank you Xythius for reminding me that perhaps firing off more than 6 clan energy of any type combined may incur a penalty to prevent people from bypassing the above stated idea, like I've said just tossing out some ideas and feel free to be for/against such a change in the opinions below ;)

Thank you for reading, and I know pointing a build out like this might encourage it's use, but it'll give PGI a bigger sample size as to this "potential problem" if it's even one because after all this is just my opinion, so feel free to share yours to confirm my initial thoughts or to sway me into a different direction on the matter B)

Ps: I know some people will be against this because of the IIC Clan mechs that use innersphere chassis, but were upgraded with clan tech so for instance the IIC Hunchie might suffer from a change like this in the future, if they ever implement these mechs, also please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm no expert on the lore side of things in MW

Edited by Purger of Man, 30 November 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#2 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:25 AM

Goodbye Nova.

#3 GonaDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,125 posts
  • LocationThe biggest party you have ever seen

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 November 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

Goodbye Nova.

I said these words 2 moths ago.

#4 Purger of Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:31 AM

View PostMcgral18, on 30 November 2014 - 09:25 AM, said:

Goodbye Nova.

Yeah, but still 28 damage alpha's are nothing to laugh at, and you could use left mouse button for 4 on the left arm, right for 4 in the right arm, and number 3&4 for the 4 lower ones in both arms, still very viable in my opinion :)

#5 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:32 AM

Not likely. It's 6 ermeds. Nothing groundbreaking there. The HBR is far from the only 'mech that can boat lasers, my TBR has 7 mpls w/ the range/cooldown mods & while deadly, it's the very definition of one-trick pony. Up to ~380m I'm gonna put a hurt on you, 400+ & I'm gonna do little more than toast a bagel & scorch some paint. Your HBR build is much the same, only w/ about 100m more effective range.

Hell, one of the HBK variants got a metric ton of med las + energy quirks & the forums haven't erupted in a fountain of HBK or med las hate, so I wouldn't be all that worried about a fairly pedestrian HBR build.

~Xythius

Edited by Xythius, 30 November 2014 - 09:33 AM.

#6 Khobai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 23,969 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:35 AM

im fine with nerfing it since I didnt buy one and its not coming out for months... so it only hurts other people not me :P

#7 Purger of Man

• PipPipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostXythius, on 30 November 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Not likely. It's 6 ermeds. Nothing groundbreaking there. The HBR is far from the only 'mech that can boat lasers, my TBR has 7 mpls w/ the range/cooldown mods & while deadly, it's the very definition of one-trick pony. Up to ~380m I'm gonna put a hurt on you, 400+ & I'm gonna do little more than toast a bagel & scorch some paint. Your HBR build is much the same, only w/ about 100m more effective range.

Hell, one of the HBK variants got a metric ton of med las + energy quirks & the forums haven't erupted in a fountain of HBK or med las hate, so I wouldn't be all that worried about a fairly pedestrian HBR build.

~Xythius

Yeah that makes sense, but the one thing I don't like is the fact it can fire off 6 er mediums plus fire an additional laser (er large) making it a grand total of 7 lasers being fired off without penalty, and add the astounding cooling efficiency of this particular build, it seems kinda cheap in my opinion, also thanks for reminding me of that point I wanted to make in this thread B)

Edited by Purger of Man, 30 November 2014 - 09:46 AM.

#8 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:49 AM

Kid gloves, this is what this game is full off.

#9 Xythius

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 343 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostPurger of Man, on 30 November 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

Yeah that makes sense, but the one thing I don't like is the fact it can fire off 6 er mediums plus fire an additional laser (er large) making it a grand total of 7 lasers being fired off without penalty, and add the astounding cooling efficiency of this particular build, it seems kinda cheap in my opinion, also thanks for reminding me of that point I wanted to make in this thread B)

Well, the link you posted only has the 6 ermed's in the build, unless you have one in the head that isn't showing up. Even w/ the erll, it's still generating lots of heat - you may be able to dissipate it quickly, but if you find yourself in an extended brawl, it's going to start getting harder to stay cool. On top of that, they still have the drawback of being lasers, so a competent opponent is going to be doing as much twisting as possible, spreading those alpha's out, minimizing their impact. Again, still nothing to dismiss, but there's no real 'penalty', cuz it's nothing earth shattering. Just another medlas boat. ;)

~Xythius

#10 LT. HARDCASE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,706 posts
  • LocationDark Space

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:15 PM

"I enjoy playing this build too much PGI pls nerf it for me."

The heck is wrong with you?

#11 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:35 PM

The HBR is limited to what, 9 energy weapons? Unless you throw in a flamer, TAG or ER PPC somewhere you can only alpha 8 energy weapons at the most without triggering ghost heat, and that is already extremely hot by anyone's standards. It's a good mech for laservomit but not nearly the best, especially not with that CT.

My own laser based HBRs all have more heat efficient backup weapons because when you're running hot it's more effective to use those than to have slightly more heat sinks and be forced to wait for the heat to dissipate. You'll notice most laservomit builds will shutdown in seconds or stop firing if they are forced into prolonged combat, those with backup weapons can keep shooting until something kills them.

#12 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:39 PM

Stormcrows have been doing this for months, with better hitboxes and maneuverability, though?

#13 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:40 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 30 November 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

The HBR is limited to what, 9 energy weapons? Unless you throw in a flamer, TAG or ER PPC somewhere you can only alpha 8 energy weapons at the most without triggering ghost heat, and that is already extremely hot by anyone's standards. It's a good mech for laservomit but not nearly the best, especially not with that CT.

7 energy weapons at most.

#14 STEF_

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:40 PM

DAMN! And I was happy to have kdr 3.60, right now..... you have ruined me..... I want 4.50 now! :D

Seriously, Hellbringer with hitboxes fixed will really bring hell :wub:

#15 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 30 November 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

7 energy weapons at most.

You're right, I must have miscounted.

#16 Helbrecht

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 132 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:50 PM

how is this different from the twolf or stormcrow build that run the identicle weapon loadout without the broken ct. and 2 running with a team and running solo are two diferent statistics. playing with a team that win 80-90% of its drops is gonna inflate your K/D and judging by your win loss id say that was most likly the scenario. unless of corse you had the greatest pugs ever in the solo que and i will now call you the luckiest man alive. and will than ask you the mega million lottery number. the hell bringer is far from uber bro that title still sits squarly in the timber wolf and storm crows. it is not and outstanding mech but it is a good mech. but to be fair stacking anything against a timber wolf or a stormcrow usualy doesnt work so lets break it down.

HBR vs JAG

if both are running double guass builds id say advantage jag. hbr would be faster but jag would have back up guns and more ammo.

HBR vs TDR
if both mechs are running the close in brawler build (Wub-Bolt vs 1 erll 6 erm) TDR wins
TDR would **** the HBR six ways to sunday and double team it on sunday for good measure.

The Hellbringer is a good mech. it is not in the least considered a over powered monstrosity.

#17 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 01:58 PM

There are guys running around with better KDRs in Firestarters, and after doing many more matches.

It's a good KDR, I'm glad you're doing well in it - but hyperbole is hyperbole.

Relax, it's a 65 ton mech.

#18 Kh0rn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 1,014 posts

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:24 PM

Its not a true Hellbringer unless some one says " It is a utterly mad configuration." Lol I actually avoid this build and go with more diverse load outs with AC and missiles.

Edited by Kh0rn, 30 November 2014 - 02:25 PM.

#19 Mechteric

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 7,308 posts
  • LocationRTP, NC

Posted 30 November 2014 - 02:29 PM

You want MORE ghost heat?

GTFO

#20 Mystere

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 30 November 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostKevjack, on 30 November 2014 - 01:15 PM, said:

"I enjoy playing this build too much PGI pls nerf it for me."

The heck is wrong with you?

Nothing. He's probably a deep undercover operative of the decades-long anti-Clan Crusade.

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users