Bnc-3M Post Quirks

23 replies to this topic

#21 Jorunn

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 136 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

Thank you all for this thread that finally got me to change from my old BNC-3M loadout of 400 XL 4x ERLL, 2x MPL 1x ML to the Wubanshee. My previous playstyle (1000 to 2000 match period) was more long range but after getting to be a better veteran pilot (post 2000 matches) I'm enjoying medium range brawling and the Wubanshee build. My decent game average is up 100-200 points per game and 700-900 with two or three kills is a pretty regular experience.

I did lower the armor in the legs as they are rarely targeted on assaults, also I like more armor up front as with the great mobility of the Banshee back shot deaths are very rare. This gave me more tonnage for another MPL in the head.

#22 InRev

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,236 posts
  • LocationConnecticut, USA

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

How has McGral not posted in this thread yet?

Anyway, I've never used a Banshee but I know they they are excellent at shielding and spreading damage. That being said, how big of a liability is the XL engine? I tend not to put them in assaults not named Victor, but I don't have much experience in a Banshee.

#23 parman01

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 15 December 2014 - 09:55 AM

Yesterday I was choosing between Timberwolf and Wubshee. Bought this one because Wub is strong! (also because I own already plenty of IS equipment compared to Clan).
I'm saving up for XL400 and running this build for the time being.
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8f708511eec3686

As someone who used to run Atlas a lot I'd say this mech feels much better at tanking. Rarely I get killed with both arms alive. And side-torsos tend to live much longer than that of an Atlas.

So far I'm getting mad at terrible laser hit-detection. But when server gods smile upon me and shots register properly...it's glorious.

Edited by parman01, 15 December 2014 - 09:58 AM.

#24 Attish

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 January 2015 - 03:48 AM

Hi!

I joined to the Banshee (or Wubshee) Fan Club yesterday. I build this BNC-3M after a few days of testing and the results are far more better than i ever expected :D

For proof:

I found my favourite killing machine :D

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users