• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 24 March 2016 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image

On March 23rd 3052, after weeks of training and preparation, the RKA launched its first Stormtrooper Strike Force.

For the first time in CW history members of 4+ different units all brought the same standardized deck. The Universe was not ready and destruction rained down upon the enemies of the FRR.

Posted Image

Posted Image

You'll notice these victories are not against skittle drops.

These were not just 'good games' where some people carried and other people didn't, the entire dynamic of the battle had shifted. With our speed, unified ranges and matching colors it was like we were playing a completely different level.

Also, for those concerned about the 4H, it proved itself immensely valuable, a standout in an already immaculate crowd.

But this is only the beginning...
I implore those of you on the fence, those looking for training or some other way to help the FRR, I encourage you, to heed this post and others like it. This is not a passing fad, nor some marginally successful endeavor, this can be the start of FRR dominance in CW.

With our small drop consisting of multiple units last night - more was accomplished then most thought possible, but now we must expand the efforts.

Pilots in that very drop have different decks they prefer to drop in, and do drop in on their own, I am not asking anyone to change their preferences or to dump their current favorite deck, I am only asking you to build this deck along side yours. To have it available for when the call is made, to put aside stubborn prejudice and individualistic pride and join all the FRR together in this one great endeavor.

Proof of concept has been secured. Now lets see some proof of patriotism.

Edited by Mech The Dane, 24 March 2016 - 01:29 PM.

#2 Wolfenkalt Steinulfsson

• Pip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 12 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:18 PM

There have been some naysayers, and others attempting to make it a complicated, and convoluted discussion. But it's not. It's dead simple.

Like Dane said, it's not about throwing away your favorite or your trusty 'mechs. It's a a statement of intent, and a display of unity of the FRR.

Plus its damn cool to see 12, white camo'ed 'mechs charging the enemy, jumping the gate, raining death upon the Clans.

So yeah... DO IT!

Edited by Steinwulf, 24 March 2016 - 01:24 PM.

#3 DaemonWulfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 330 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 24 March 2016 - 01:40 PM

The screen shots above can pretty much be a summary of how the entire evening went. We only had one loss the entire evening. The success we had was exciting to watch because it was the first time we've rolled out with a synergy deck and mixed units in a formal setting. With some fine tuning on coherency it'll get even smoother, and the more organized opponents will have a hell of a fight on their hands.

#4 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 02:56 PM

Holy ****. My contract timed out, haven't had time to play in a while but really wanted to see how this played out.

Looks amazing though. All due props to the players in the FRR for taking it up a notch. The will and the skill to put it to practice is pretty awesome.

Edited by MischiefSC, 24 March 2016 - 02:57 PM.

#5 Jarl Dane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Generalløytnant
  • Generalløytnant
  • 1,803 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationJarnFolk Cluster

Posted 24 March 2016 - 03:26 PM

Praise be the Stormtroopers.

#6 Padre Balistique

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:55 PM

Those who know me, know I have a deep abiding love for my Grasshopper drop deck, and that my love for grasshoppers borders on the obscene.

But damn if even I don't want make up a Stormtrooper deck with all the hype and action they're getting.

Gonna need to do a lot of CW to earn the cash for all the XLs though.

Edited by Padre Balistique, 24 March 2016 - 06:59 PM.

#7 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 24 March 2016 - 08:01 PM

A standardized synergy deck leads to synergy strategies that in turn baseline of skills spread among the different units in the FRR. You can't overestimate the value of that. It becomes a common tongue so to speak for strategies and performance expectations.

Think of it like a standardized currency. Or like what Rome did when Gaius Marius reformed and standardized the Legions. It creates a set of standards and expectations everyone understands.

#8 Padre Balistique

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 76 posts

Posted 25 March 2016 - 09:37 AM

Only thing biting me in the *** is I have so many XL320s and no XL330s.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users