#21 Urdnot Mau

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 501 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostMitsuragi, on 02 December 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

Yes, but OP wants some of it back.

@OP it was reduced because everyone turned on heat vision as soon as the match started, which made the fog pointless.

I didn't. I liked enjoying the map

#22 AlexEss

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostMoonlander, on 02 December 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

Overly picky is just as bad as over exaggerating... amarrite? For the record, night isn't weather.

For the record the game does not have weather.... It has static limitations to visibility in a digital space. (seeing as you see no problem with being overly picky) so "night" does in fact qualify...

But as i said.. i still provided you with two (or three) maps that have said limitations and it not being "night"

ergo... *insert nelson haahaaa*

#23 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

Posted 02 December 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 02 December 2014 - 09:29 AM, said:

If they implemented true heat textures, the world would look very different. It's just a "lightness" map, and when a mech heats up, it gets brighter. That is why you still see the exact textures on rocks, water, snow, as you would without heat vision. they just go greyscale and look darker.

In the bog, you would have a very difficult time differentiating the trees and branches and roots that stick up from the water, and it would almost be worse to be in thermal vision because you would not have as good depth perception.
But instead when you shoot the ground and it leaves a black mark, it isn't hot in thermal, it's a black blob because thermal isn't thermal. it's brightness vison.

Hot maps should provide cover against thermal version like a thief hiding in torch light when encountering infravision (Magic Missile!)

#24 A big brave boulder of meat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 177 posts
  • LocationOakdale, Minnesota

Posted 02 December 2014 - 10:56 AM

View PostMoonlander, on 02 December 2014 - 08:44 AM, said:

You must have access to some exclusive DLC map packs. Name 2 maps that have weather elements that hinder sight. You can't use Viridian either... since you were happy the fog was taken out because "most maps" have weather related sight issues.

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have said weather. But what I was going for is that we have Frozen city, River City night and day, forest colony, HPG and caustic valley in some areas such as the caldera that seem to benefit from thermal or hinder sight in general with something or another.

#25 Angel of Annihilation

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostRoadbuster, on 02 December 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

No.

When it was thick, people just used heat view. No challenge, just less color.
And there is so much cover where you can hide that it doesn't make a difference if there is fog or not, imho.

Yeah this was my problem with it. As beautiful as the map is, you couldn't enjoy it because you could only really see anything in heat mode which just turned this beautiful map into black and grey. Now you can at least get the full glory of the map while playing.

#26 Moonlander

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 684 posts
  • LocationCocoa Beach, FL

Posted 02 December 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostTrollvomiT, on 02 December 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Ok, maybe I shouldn't have said weather. But what I was going for is that we have Frozen city, River City night and day, forest colony, HPG and caustic valley in some areas such as the caldera that seem to benefit from thermal or hinder sight in general with something or another.

Yeah. I'm just being a pain in the butt.

I use thermal quite a bit and it messes with my eyes... but that doesn't mean I don't like the visibility effects. I just feel in Viridian, it was fun. I was always very cautious while pushing forward. That is fun. Thermal isn't going to leave the game... and if people feel they have to use it for an advantage, I'm fine with that. But homogenizing maps because people use thermal is bleh to me...

Edited by Moonlander, 02 December 2014 - 11:21 AM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users