Make Warhorns Separate From Mounted Items.

2 replies to this topic

Poll: Separate Warhorns from Mounted items slot? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Should PGI do this?

1. Yes (12 votes [100.00%])

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. This isn't necessary. (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 RotS Targe

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 319 posts

Posted 29 November 2014 - 07:37 PM

Ok, I know this is not a glaring issue, but, it is something I would like to see.

For me, being able to customize my 'mech to suit my liking, to make the machine feel truly mine, is one of the things I love about MWO, and for me, the more options to do this, the better.

Enter warhorns, love them or hate them, they make an interesting addition to the game, and, personally, one I enjoy because, well, my K/D is about .25, so when I actually do get a kill, having the warhorn go off makes things just a little sweeter. However, I do wish they were not taking the slot of other items, like the holiday lights. From what I can see, warhorns can easily be placed differently from other mounted items, maybe slightly lower around the canopy, so having both is not a big issue.

Ok, is this a big, gamebreaking issue? No.
Are there things PGI should work on before this? Yes.

I am not saying it should be done right now, but, maybe after CW is rolling, and they can focus on lighter issues again, then maybe they should give this a look.

Anyone else's thoughts? Like it? If not, why?

#2 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 02 December 2014 - 04:13 PM

I vote yes! I would love to have an additional item in my cockpits if it is at all possible!

My only concern is whether or not there is space for them. I know that in some Mech cockpits, they are already pretty cramped and the Warhorns actually obscure my vision a bit.

Also, be sure to vote for more Warhorns if you like them! :lol:

http://mwomercs.com/...w-warhorn-idea/

#3 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 04:14 AM

I think mixing warhorns with cockpit items was a lazy move back then. The problem I see with this is that it does not only makes any sense (inside speaker) but it clutters your field of view (one chassis more than other). I rarely place cockpit items, but I can understand the dilemma of those who want a mounted item but also want the warhorn.

So I voted yes.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users