• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSomewhere where you'll probably never go to

Posted 03 December 2014 - 12:26 PM

I have not seen very much cotent for this Add-on for MW3, and I've seen raby760's playthorugh, but he stopped at mission 9, and I've watched a bonus mission too, I've been wanting to play it but have not been able to buy one for quite some time... anyone up to recording a play through of it?

#2 Metus regem

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts
  • LocationNAIS College of Military Science OCS courses

Posted 03 December 2014 - 01:22 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 03 December 2014 - 12:26 PM, said:

I have not seen very much cotent for this Add-on for MW3, and I've seen raby760's playthorugh, but he stopped at mission 9, and I've watched a bonus mission too, I've been wanting to play it but have not been able to buy one for quite some time... anyone up to recording a play through of it?

I wish I still had my copy, I remember playing it once, doing the first mission, I came over a hill, and was face to ass against an Atlas...

I died shortly after, when it turned around and cut me to ribbons... I don't recall booting it up after that. Mind you I was much younger and dumber then.

#3 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 06:46 PM

Now that I'm no longer using a crossfire setup, I should be able to run MW3 and by extension, Pirate's Moon.

#4 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostKoniving, on 03 December 2014 - 06:46 PM, said:

Now that I'm no longer using a crossfire setup, I should be able to run MW3 and by extension, Pirate's Moon.

Cool. can you do some playthroughs of pirate's moon? Like to see some more content of people playing it....

#5 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 12:31 PM

I will soon, yes. I was planning to start with an MC2 (Mechcommander 2) mod that I had found or perhaps starting from the beginning of MW3. But I can start with Pirate's Moon and backtrack. :) I have a few days off this weekend.

#6 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostKoniving, on 04 December 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

I will soon, yes. I was planning to start with an MC2 (Mechcommander 2) mod that I had found or perhaps starting from the beginning of MW3. But I can start with Pirate's Moon and backtrack. :) I have a few days off this weekend.

I enjoyed MC2, wish I could find a copy of MC1 though, I was too young and dumb to really understand the first one... I was too in love with Timber Wolves then, and cheated my way to getting one in the game...

#7 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:31 PM

View PostKoniving, on 04 December 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

Awesome, could you post a link to your channel from youtube? I'd like to subscribe and watch your playthroughs... anyhow, I might consider doing MW3 and MW4 Mercs playthroughs, then Pirate's Moon once I grab it... I just remembered twin lbx 10s and chainfire.... too OP in the game, especially for the Annihilator.

#8 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:49 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 04 December 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

Awesome, could you post a link to your channel from youtube? I'd like to subscribe and watch your playthroughs... anyhow, I might consider doing MW3 and MW4 Mercs playthroughs, then Pirate's Moon once I grab it... I just remembered twin lbx 10s and chainfire.... too OP in the game, especially for the Annihilator.

Well it was the freaking Annihilator... also slower than a Dire Wolf.

#9 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 09:04 PM

View PostScout Derek, on 04 December 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

The youtube.
My most recent video, thanks to the help of Lordred (who did the external footage).

#10 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:40 AM

what always bugged me about pirates moon was the new belt pirates were 10 times better than the supposedly elite smoke jaguars. and better equiped

#11 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:02 AM

View PostThat Guy, on 05 December 2014 - 12:40 AM, said:

what always bugged me about pirates moon was the new belt pirates were 10 times better than the supposedly elite smoke jaguars. and better equiped

Well in all fairness the Jags in MW3, were a garrison cluster, likely all warriors past their prime, so they really have front line equipment. In top of that we were attacking a world in the clan home worlds, so they really didn't have a strong standing force there.

#12 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 09:52 AM

They had lasers though, that shot down a dropship O.O

#13 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:06 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 05 December 2014 - 09:52 AM, said:

They had lasers though, that shot down a dropship O.O

Clans never lost their war ships, so it stands to reason that they would place capital class weapons on a planet to repel invasions, that were not preceded with a Batchall.

#14 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 10:58 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 05 December 2014 - 10:06 AM, said:

Clans never lost their war ships, so it stands to reason that they would place capital class weapons on a planet to repel invasions, that were not preceded with a Batchall.

Yeah, true, I was laughing so much when the ship got shot down, and you were the only one to survive in your lance, as well as the MFBs, and a few other mechwarriors that survived the crash, aside from that, the Commander was a big ***** and did not attempt to rescue you, and tells you to "Dig yourself a hole." to which Gunner replies "I'll dig him a hole!" that was what I found funny. Aside from that, why they didn't attempt to swarm the survivors at the start. I would've liked a good fight...

#15 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:32 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 05 December 2014 - 10:58 AM, said:

Yeah, true, I was laughing so much when the ship got shot down, and you were the only one to survive in your lance, as well as the MFBs, and a few other mechwarriors that survived the crash, aside from that, the Commander was a big ***** and did not attempt to rescue you, and tells you to "Dig yourself a hole." to which Gunner replies "I'll dig him a hole!" that was what I found funny. Aside from that, why they didn't attempt to swarm the survivors at the start. I would've liked a good fight...

Well again, that goes to standard clan fighting practices, use the smallest force possible to win. And you were meant to be fighting green/regular troops, and you are meant to be a Veteran or Elite pilot, so you know, having the advantage...

Still when I ran into that Annihilator, I chose to fight it at range (read ERLL + LRM spam), rather than get in to a mid range dual with it and get butchered by 4 X LB-10X and 4 MPL....

#16 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:35 AM

View PostMetus regem, on 05 December 2014 - 11:32 AM, said:

Well again, that goes to standard clan fighting practices, use the smallest force possible to win. And you were meant to be fighting green/regular troops, and you are meant to be a Veteran or Elite pilot, so you know, having the advantage...

Still when I ran into that Annihilator, I chose to fight it at range (read ERLL + LRM spam), rather than get in to a mid range dual with it and get butchered by 4 X LB-10X and 4 MPL....

well, you can just skip it and shoot generator, and complete the mission without having to face that ugly giant... also: they attempted to BLOW UP the gas tanks after destroying the mech factory in the first operation with Dominic Paine...

#17 Metus regem

• The Sureshot
  • The Sureshot
  • 10,282 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 11:42 AM

View PostScout Derek, on 05 December 2014 - 11:35 AM, said:

well, you can just skip it and shoot generator, and complete the mission without having to face that ugly giant... also: they attempted to BLOW UP the gas tanks after destroying the mech factory in the first operation with Dominic Paine...

But I wanted the salvage! Every-time I did it, I managed to loot that brute! it made a great wing-man to my Bushwhacker, and I ran that till I got a Cauldron Born, and after that I never needed an upgrade...

Well I did run a Timber Wolf with 4 x A-cLRM 20 with 10 tons of ammo and a TC in the last mission, cored out the Dire Wolf in the first shot every time....

Yes I am mean sometimes.

#18 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 02:50 PM

So, I haven't seen any content, Koniving...

#19 Scout Derek

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,016 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

Heads up, found something: m.youtube.com/#/channel/UCTjhV820_NkAwP4gOzR6liA this guy has been posting recently for the past week. He speaks Russian though... :D

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users