Clan Invasion Wave 2 Faction Content Selection!

136 replies to this topic

#81 xSONOHx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 178 posts
  • LocationEarth (Terra)

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:14 PM

I chose all four, I keep track of my cockpit items and... More color patterns! :)

#82 ExoForce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 775 posts
  • LocationFields of the Nephilim

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:19 PM

Lucky me, I still do not understand what I have to chose and what I will get for my preorders
so I am off to sleep, will dream about large pulse lasers and bikini girls... Err...

Will check this debate after few days...

#83 Jaspbo1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 232 posts
  • LocationWoah

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:27 PM

View PostExoForce, on 04 December 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

Lucky me, I still do not understand what I have to chose and what I will get for my preorders
so I am off to sleep, will dream about large pulse lasers and bikini girls... Err...

Will check this debate after few days...

Well, from what I've gathered you'll get the Warhorns, Camo scheme, hanging and standing clan faction item and the paint with it for the chosen content. It's a matter of allegiance or what you want out of it, really.

#84 Gianky

• PipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 77 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:41 PM

Honestly, I don't know why people is complaining about a-la-carte purchases; probably, as ThatGuy539 said, you should read more before buying.

When I ordered the Hellbringer ALC I knew I wasn't gonna have faction content, but I bought it the same, because I knew that I was gonna have something else anyway.

Yep, it's not even true that who bought ALC didn't have anything besides the 'mechs. I don't know when the other guys ordered their 'mechs, but I did it before October 21st, so I got the Month 1, 2, 3 and 4 rewards, which means, overall I had (or will have on Decembre 16th):
- the loyalty AS7-S, basically a Hero mech (30% C-bills bonus);
- 3 HBR, with the Prime variant that, again, is basically a Hero mech;
- 54 days of premium time;
- the polygon camo scheme for the HBRs;
- 2 cockpit items (fractured IS hanging item and a MWO stein);
- 1 mechbay

So: 1) you knew what you was buying (even though I too have to say that PGI could be clearer when the make their announcements); 2) it's not true that you haven't got additional goodies with ALC.

Besides, as someone pointed out, you're still in time to upgrade to a Collection, you just have to contact support.

Edited by Gianky, 04 December 2014 - 02:42 PM.

#85 orangedoc

Rookie

• The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 9 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:47 PM

If anyone has the horns samples that would be great, I can seem to find these :S

#86 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 02:56 PM

View PostNUJRSYDEVIL, on 04 December 2014 - 04:44 AM, said:

I've seen some people who are a little too into this game that would definitely purchase a real Clan Ghost Bear Coffee mug, might want to look into that. I bet you could get $20 a pop for them.

I do not need no stinking invading clan coffee mug :P
Posted Image

#87 TheDevilsIncarnate

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationOutside Your House With A 'Mech

Posted 04 December 2014 - 04:30 PM

@ThatGuy530

Actually, all the pages tell you exactly what you get alacarte, except for the resistance one.

#88 Topshot Tiger

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationIdaho

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:08 PM

Do people who ordered a la carte get faction content?

#89 SemperDie

• PipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 40 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:17 PM

View Postorangedoc, on 04 December 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

If anyone has the horns samples that would be great, I can seem to find these :S

I would like to know this too. I'll obviously get a JF set, but would like to know what the rest sound like to plan out my choices. I may just wait till the 16th and make my choices afterwards.

#90 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostTopshotTiger, on 04 December 2014 - 05:08 PM, said:

Do people who ordered a la carte get faction content?

NO that is what everyone is talking about.

#91 I_AM_ZUUL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,017 posts
  • LocationIsle of Skye (Freeing Skye from the Steiner usurpers)

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:27 PM

No event this weekend....? Getting spoiled with how cool PGI has been since they became the publishers that i expect one every weekend now.... #firstworldproblems

#92 Mobile Ordnance Platform

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 334 posts

Posted 04 December 2014 - 11:46 PM

its pretty obvious alot of people are holding off choosing because they want to sample the warhorns

you can hear the the standard warhorns on their soundcloud https://soundcloud.c...r-warhorn-sound
it would have been ideal the new clan warhorn samples were added at the same time this announcement came up, cant really expect a person to choose something if they dont even know what it is

also whats up with 3rd jade falcon color ??? is it red or yellow
it seems like the red is a mistake (?) and yellow was intended

#93 Will9761

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 4,583 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 12:23 AM

I'm sure that yellow was intended, but they put red by accident.

#94 Salticidae

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 248 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 02:28 AM

I hate the fact when you try to apply the colours to your mech, it don't tell you what colour it is.

#95 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:14 AM

View PostLOADED, on 04 December 2014 - 12:09 PM, said:

logic is, for 30$ you "only" get 3 light 'mechs + badge + title + custom camo + 3 custom colors + 3 custom cockpit items.
while if you one of those people like me, who do not (DO NOT!) want to spend money on a (that is only my humble opinion) "******" light and a not so ****** medium, you have to suck it up, pay more and get less.

Logic is, that i have a choice to buy what i want for 30$ (while also have to buy 3 lights for 30$ and 3 mediums for 30$ which i have zero interest in), or, i bite my tounge, suck it up and pay 55$ for early access.

Okay, roughly 18$ for 3 mechs isn't actually overpriced. but seeing that others, who paid about 1/2 of a la carte prices per 'mech also get a ton of freebies. Idk, doesn't feels justified nor does it feels like PGI is thankful about me spending money on their game.

A part of the marketing 101 is, that you actually offer what people demand.
In my chase, and i'm sure that i'm not alone, PGI fails to do so.
What i like to buy is either overpriced compared to their "collection" sales- programm or simply not available (faction content or a vulture package for example) unless you do spend money on things you don't actually want to buy.

I'm aware that i'm not one of the whales, who generate 90%. But i'm one of the other 1-10% who's constantly spending money on the game. It feels like my money is of less value because of that.

if you offer what people demand, you get bankrupt, you have to offer what people are still willing to buy, and if YOU and your 30$ for wannting a heavy is not what you are willing to pay thats your personal issue, but not a marketing issue. You can actually be glad, that they allow you to even get an a la carte option and not only sell the pack and the next chance for you is the regular role oiut of the mechs, which is still way higher than a la carte.

you do not pay more and get less only if you buy lights a la carte, which only a fool would do. Your a la carte allows you to buy a heavy without having to spend 60$ on the light and medium chassis you don't want. Tradeoff is you don'T get the goodies. Or if you want the goodies pay those 90$ or buy heavy a la carte and light pack (but then you only get one times the packs instead of 3x with only a difference of 5$.

You have way more choices here than in many other games of real world sales, where oyu often only het either the package or non at all.
if you buy a preste PC you get also the whole package with probabbly a lot stuff you don't need or want, like a card reader, and serverl software you never gonna use. Thats how Marketing works in reallife and it works well this way.

#96 Rogen

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 57 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 05 December 2014 - 03:39 AM

Well actually, when you bought A La Carte Wave II mech you do not have faction content, and you cannot upgrade to the regular pack.

Well for the reason that i paid almost twice the price for single mech, and 55$ is not cheap, i thing that it would be fair that we receive the single pick from faction content.
One would thought that to pay double for single item from collection is big enough disadvantage.
Well, it is shame but there is nothing i can do.

#97 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:12 AM

so when can we hear what our horns will sound like?

#98 RustyBolts

• The Deadly
  • The Deadly
  • 1,151 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 04:53 AM

View PostTamerSA, on 03 December 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

Made my pick :D
Was a tougher choice than I thought... Cimarb finally made sense when I had to actually choose between having all 4 camo packs and colour vs more than one set of Clan Wolf cockpit items.

I went for all but Jade Falcon :P The camo is meh, and I have enough good greens. Traded that one for another set of Clan Wolf items. Now the 16th can't come soon enough!

Exact same decision I made.

#99 mad kat

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,907 posts
  • LocationFracking the third toaster.

Posted 05 December 2014 - 05:48 AM

Pssssst shouldn't this now be Clan news not 'inner sphere news'

Just pointing out the obvious PGI. :D

#100 CH4CH

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

How toget all of them? Just select 4 times or don't select anything?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users