Patch Notes - 1.3.354 - 09-Dec-2014

228 replies to this topic

#121 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:43 AM

I'm questioning why. Why the early drop, are we going to get told next week that there are game breaking bugs in the CW patch that will push it back?

I'm looking the gift horse in the mouth.

#122 Thanatos31

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 165 posts
  • LocationEnroute to Terra

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:43 AM

clan quirks please.

#123 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 December 2014 - 04:44 AM

View Postfx8320, on 09 December 2014 - 04:17 AM, said:

they were massively nerfed removing torso movement quirks (2K has all weapons there, 2H is a 1 build mech, 2x ac5 and an ac2, so all torso too) for some crappy generic weapon quirks.

Good ? they lost their uniqueness...I hate these kind of changes, very bad designed.

Crap, i didn't know about the torso-movement quirks. I agree there.

I still think the 5M is made for AC/5 and i found it strange that they wanted to force the 2xAC/5+PPC build onto the 2H, since i really dislike that build. The Triple AC/2 build should work fine with the 2H quirks, don't you think? General Cooldown and Velocity gives it the freedom to do whatever you want. I ran AC/10 + AC/2 for some time. I never ran the Dual AC/5+AC/2 build since that's too much tonnage on AC's and leaves you slow, which is not how i like to play mediums, but i'm not a comp. player.

The 2K can still run Triple ER-LL or 3xML+3xSRM4/6 with the current quirks, but the PPC quirks might make using PPCs viable as well, so sounds fine for me. I didn't use the 2K since the Quirkening, but i never experienced any torso movement problems before.

Edited by Myke Pantera, 09 December 2014 - 04:51 AM.

#124 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:15 AM

PGI delivering content early? What madness is this?!

#125 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:21 AM

View PostRhazien, on 09 December 2014 - 04:01 AM, said:

So the people that bought mechs, weapons, and modules, based on the quirks, i.e. the Centurion-AL, are what, out of luck? There was no reason (that i can see) to change the LPL quirks to LL. This applies across multiple mechs. We are out a crap-tonne of money on modules, weapons, etc. This ticks me off more than any other thing in the game.
We've spent hours grinding c-bills to prep mechs for CW PGI, BASED ON THE QUIRKS THAT WERE IN PLACE.
If you want to change em, fine. Refund me my c-bills.

To be fair they did say it was an initial pass subject to review. You made a conscious choice and they gave fair warning. The fault is not with them.

#126 Veebora

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 111 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:22 AM

I am very unhappy with the Fang Quirks Nerf - Large Pulse Laser nerf to be precise:

I bought this with real money because of the LPL Quirk Buff it had.

I think you really must balance the Quirks in general, but you must be careful with the Champion mechs as it is something you buy with real money

I wouldn't buy it if it was like that and I really prefer if you can give my money back.

#127 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:33 AM

Nova and Summoner got quirked, now what were they?

#128 Myke Pantera

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 836 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:37 AM

View PostJacob Side, on 09 December 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

I'm questioning why. Why the early drop, are we going to get told next week that there are game breaking bugs in the CW patch that will push it back?

I'm looking the gift horse in the mouth.

I actually think they want these things out of the way so they don't have to worry about them anymore. If issues arise, they know them until next patch, which gives them enough time to fix it until the CW bug-reports come flying in. I think it's a smart move from a QA perspective. The bigger the patch the more problems may arise, so divide and conquer helps there.

Further it gives some yet undecided ppl the chance to get stomped by King-Crabs to help them decide whether they wonna buy one of the tier 1 packages up until deadline next week. Again a smart move from a marketing perspective, unless the crab stinks, but that would come as a surprise to me.

So i think we can trust this one =) I don't think it's a trojan gift horse.

Edited by Myke Pantera, 09 December 2014 - 05:51 AM.

#129 Mordoz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 557 posts
  • LocationMWOsna

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

can you tell us the clan quirks please!

#130 Nunspa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shujin
  • 237 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:46 AM

View PostBront, on 08 December 2014 - 10:27 PM, said:

Love the quirk changes overall. As much as the specific quirks added some flavor, at times they were overkill, and they also reduce variety at times.

well they nurfed the Dragon-N from an Ok mech (with 2 AC/2 and 2 ER Large) to a total crapfest.... the Ultra AC/5 is so unreliable that it feels like you stuck running with just two large lasers most of the time.. (not ER mind you.. now the quirks only work with Large Lasers) I have been running my A/AC5 two LL build for 24 hours or so... and it's horrible!!!

don’t even bring up the duel AC2/UAC5 build it came with, a slow dragon is a dead one and being stuck with two med lasers in a heave once your ammo runs is… ::head desk:::

#131 Nunspa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shujin
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:49 AM

View PostPhil Ambush, on 09 December 2014 - 04:43 AM, said:

clan quirks please.

you all are already o.p. and don't need any additional bonuses

#132 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:52 AM

Noooooooooooooooooooooo

I don't travel often for work, but I am travelling today.....noooooooooooo

#133 Sigmar Sich

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,059 posts
  • LocationUkraine, Kyiv

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:53 AM

Quirk changes are good.
Though IMO they should have more strict rules. Now we have wierd alloy of quirks for generic weapons, factory loadout weapons, meta loadout weapons, etc.. I think it would be better if all IS battlemechs have quirks only for factory loadout weapons, and respective generic weapon types, and without meta loadout quirks. (if speak only about weapons; movement and armor quirks should be too, of course. And maybe some new, for BAP or ECM or sensor range, and other stuff.. )
Thankfully, there are many chassis with different weapons, even with losttech.
PS And some players always will be unhappy with balance changes, mostly when their toys are no longer overpower.

#134 Nunspa

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shujin
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMiami

Posted 09 December 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostDaelen Rottiger, on 09 December 2014 - 04:22 AM, said:

Whos idea were the Dragon 5N quirks??!?
What are you thinking about when you assign quirks to a mech? whitle lil ponies?! UAC5 quirks for a mech that is only able to carry a single UAC5 having the opportunity to carry 3 ballistics? why not sticking to AC2s?!

whaaat...

yes I ::headdesked::: when I saw this too

I guess they want us to run the 2xAC2/1UAC5 Build it came with.. but that was so low on ammo and so slow you would be a heavy with two medium lasers before you knew it... never mind the fact that they added LL querks (not ER Large.. like large)

I can't even build an effective mech with those constants.. what? run 1 ton of ammo per gun?

even then all you can fit is a 245 XL... slow dragon = dead dragon

and running 1 UAC5/2LL is the same as running 2 LL most of the time with the Jam %

once I master it, I'm just selling it for scrap.. at least they didn't kill the duel AC/5 dragon

Edited by Nunspa, 09 December 2014 - 05:58 AM.

#135 Skunk Wolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 286 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:00 AM

I wish you guys jumped ship when Blair and Paul did. This is excellent progress. Not hard to tell what was holding you back. Good job guys.

#136 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:04 AM

still think the k2 shouldn't get ballistic quirks its supposed to be a Kuritan energy mech but ty for the PPc buff

I wonder of the wisdom of giving the Vic-DS PPc buffs( As much as I like that chasis , as it encourages attempts at jump sniping all over again, maybe limit the buff to the L/arm slot ?

other than that looks a pretty nifty patch and thank you Very much for the early insertion,means I get to use two of my wave two chasis in camo before they get mastered and assigned to the scrap heap for CW

#137 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:14 AM

Really against the Cat-K2 getting ballistic buff. It's supposed to be an energy boat.

#138 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:16 AM

MERRY CRABMUS, EVERYONE!!!!!!

Posted Image

#139 Trevor Belmont

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 290 posts

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:30 AM

What 'bug fix' was done with the Spider and Firestarter hit boxes?

#140 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 09 December 2014 - 06:33 AM

View PostNunspa, on 09 December 2014 - 05:46 AM, said:

well they nurfed the Dragon-N from an Ok mech (with 2 AC/2 and 2 ER Large) to a total crapfest.... the Ultra AC/5 is so unreliable that it feels like you stuck running with just two large lasers most of the time.. (not ER mind you.. now the quirks only work with Large Lasers) I have been running my A/AC5 two LL build for 24 hours or so... and it's horrible!!!

don’t even bring up the duel AC2/UAC5 build it came with, a slow dragon is a dead one and being stuck with two med lasers in a heave once your ammo runs is… ::head desk:::

UAC5 is for burst damage, and better for intitial brawling or burst peaking, and significantly better than the AC2 most of the time. Also, nothing wrong with regular large lasers. Reasonable range, better burn time. Assuming you can mount 2, it should be fine.

If you can't mount 2, it seems... odd. Not a dragon pilot myself, was mostly looking at Commando, Firestarter, Hunchy, and Victor changes.

Edited by Bront, 09 December 2014 - 06:34 AM.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users