- - - - -

Buying A Pack?

7 replies to this topic

#1 Tohsaka

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 5 posts

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:02 PM

So I am returning to the game and I have some spare cash to use I was wondering about the packs. So the Masakari is insanely expensive, is there a reason for that? And on the same hand, the resistance pack is pretty cheap comparitively so why the price difference?

So any information on the price differences and what it means for someone looking to play would be helpful. Thanks.

#2 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:21 PM

Masakari Pack is expensive because it comes with 24 Chassis (8 mechs x 3 Variants each)

The 2 Clan Packs are 30$ a level - because they come pre-upgraded
Resistance is 20$ a level - but will take more in game time to get up to a similar level - such as upgrading to DHS

Or at least, that is my take on it

As for which would be reccomended

Clan Tech is more DPS oriented as their weapons are lighter - but hotter and more face-time oriented.
IS Tech is more Burst Damage oriented - letting you spread the damage you take better - but their weapons are heavier and generally shorter ranged.

Edited by Shar Wolf, 10 December 2014 - 08:21 PM.

#3 RazarG

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 140 posts
  • LocationGrandside, Sydney

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:23 PM

Masakari id recommend. Pricey , but more content and better mechs. You get 8 mechs (with 3 chassis each). Man O war gives half that amount. Also IMO, and i stress, just my opinion, only the Hellbringer is worth a grain in the Man'o'war, the rest are lack luster.

With the Resistance pack,. yes it is cheaper, which i have been yet to figure out why. Ultimately though, the choice is IS or Clan.

When Masakari came out, people whinged and whined that it was all OP. So they nerfed the living crap out of it.

Now i think PGI thinks that all clan stuff is OP, therefore it must be nerfed before its released and over priced.

I really don't know the reason between the resistance and man'o'war pricing. Esp since the Resistance comes with more faction content (since there are more IS factions then clan).

Maybe someone from PGI can answer this rip-off.

View PostShar Wolf, on 10 December 2014 - 08:21 PM, said:

Masakari Pack is expensive because it comes with 24 Chassis (8 mechs x 3 Variants each) The 2 Clan Packs are 30$ a level - because they come pre-upgraded Resistance is 20$ a level - but will take more in game time to get up to a similar level - such as upgrading to DHS Or at least, that is my take on it As for which would be reccomended Clan Tech is more DPS oriented as their weapons are lighter - but hotter and more face-time oriented. IS Tech is more Burst Damage oriented - letting you spread the damage you take better - but their weapons are heavier and generally shorter ranged.

That explains why the IS mechs are cheaper, never thought of that but makes perfect sense.

Edited by RazarG, 10 December 2014 - 08:23 PM.

#4 Alaskan Nobody

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 10,358 posts
  • LocationAlaska!

Posted 10 December 2014 - 08:26 PM

View PostRazarG, on 10 December 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

That explains why the IS mechs are cheaper, never thought of that but makes perfect sense.

Part of that thinking comes from in game pricing.

Clan Mechs look more expensive - but it costs around as much (if not more*) to kit out an IS chassis similarly
(IE: DHS - XL - Endo...)

*Mechs that come pre-upgraded (such as the CN9-D Centurion) cost less than the sum of their parts

#5 TheCaptainJZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 11 December 2014 - 12:43 AM

IS mechs are priced at $20. Clan mechs are priced at $30. The Phoenix mech tiers were the same as the Resistance tiers.
Clan tech is better overall and that is why they cost more. Clan mechs themselves have been more or less balanced with IS now, so they aren't an automatic I Win button.

#6 Rogue Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,908 posts
  • LocationSuffolk, England

Posted 11 December 2014 - 02:13 AM

as others have said, you are looking at the top tier of each pack, that top tier for Clan Invasion pack includes 24 Mech (3 varient each of 8 chassis) the Resistance and Wave 2 collections include 12 Mechs (3 varients each of 4 chassis) if you buy a lower tier for each level you get an extra 3 mechs from one chassis,

the bottom tier is just 3 varients of 1 light Mech,
next tier is includes those + 3 varients of a single Medium,
next tier also includes the 3 varients of a heavy
the next tier also includes the 3 varients of the assualt, this would be the top tier of the Wave 2 or Resistance.
the Clan Invasion pack then has additional light, medium, Heavy and assualt tiers.

if you buy one of the top tier packs over the next few days you will also get a single varient of the King Crab assualt mech.

id you buy any of the Clan packs they will be deliivered within a few hours but if you buy the resistance pack it will be gradualy released over the next few months.

and yes the reasion the Masikari si so expensive is that it includes 3 each of:
Kit Fox (Uller)
Nova (Black Hawk)
Summoner (Thor)
Dire Wolf (Daishi)
Adder (Puma)
Storm Crow (Ryukin)
Timber Wolf (Mad Cat)
War Hawk (Masikari)
as well as premium time and cockpit items.

Stormcrow and Timber Wolf are probabaly the best mechs in their respective class, and the Dire Wolf is the most heavily armed Mech currently in game

#7 dragnier1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 1,054 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 03:46 AM

Well they say the packs are priced according to mc to cbills conversion. Doesn't quite explain how they get $30 on the kit fox and $30 for the direwolf if that were the case.

#8 Gauvan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 07:13 AM

Of the three I would also recommend the Masakari pack. I've bought all three (but then I have the pokemon gene) and don't regret any of them. But, the Man-o-War and Resistance packs seem more like fill-in packs to me. That is, they don't contain earth-shatteringly great mechs but they bring some interesting alternatives for folks with a lot of mechs.

I would encourage you to read up on the current Community Warfare plans. While you can switch back and forth over time, you are locked in to Clan or IS for a duration of your choosing. If you are planning to play CW then you should factor that in. Solo and group queue will continue to be mix and match.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users