Community Warfare Has Dropped!

275 replies to this topic

#81 Rumblebutt

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:44 PM

how can you tell who is in queue? i've been waiting for Apollo for a little over 5 mins now and haven't seen anyone. This could be (a) not enough people on right now, or (b ) there are just waaayyy too many people trying to play.

Edited by Rumblebutt, 11 December 2014 - 01:46 PM.

#82 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

Another solo here. I keep getting pop-ups saying somewhere needs attackers / defenders. Click to join, and then just sit there apparently solo.

Anyone actually played a match yet? Or are those of us not playing at US peak time going to struggle?

#83 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:45 PM

hmm not there yet

#84 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:46 PM

Units have an issue now if there leaders arent around to pick a faction they cant do anything. That contract management tick was just added so chances are units are waiting to get that checked off and into games.

I left my unit to pick a faction to get into since our leader isnt around very often.

#85 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:47 PM

There actually people playing this right now? Sadly my drop deck is meh, I feel..weird having to have 2 SCRs, an Adder in with my WHK-B....

I keep getting a notice that New Caledonia needs defenders. Does it have a nice long wait time or do we need Premium time to join it? It let me in the lobby or something....

And does it really cost 50K to join the battle?

Edited by LordKnightFandragon, 11 December 2014 - 01:47 PM.

#86 Steele Rein

• PipPip
  • The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 39 posts
  • LocationMotor City, USA

I just want to say how cool it is that PGI has dropped surprise patches delivering content early over the last few weeks. We're quick to b-yatch when you miss targets, and I wanted to take a moment to acknowledge the hard work that's gone in to delivering this early.

I'm sure there's going to be inevitable issues, but this restores a lot of PGI's credibility with me after all the missed dates.

Thank you PGI!

#87 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Well there are no attack of defense tokens on any planet, so im suspecting no match has happened yet.

#88 Logan Hawke

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 504 posts

So, any news on whether or not this is working?

#89 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostKraftySOT, on 11 December 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

Units have an issue now if there leaders arent around to pick a faction they cant do anything. That contract management tick was just added so chances are units are waiting to get that checked off and into games.

I left my unit to pick a faction to get into since our leader isnt around very often.

That's a good bet too. Especially for people with Unit Leaders who are, as you say, inactive and in need of tracking down. Or those with one in a later timezone that might be stuck at work for hours yet. The surprise and no pre-choice ability (Or web interface?) is probably going to delay a LOT of people's ability to play for a while.

#90 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostKraftySOT, on 11 December 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

For some units, it may be a day plus before they an drop due to clearing out the factions. Not a big deal in the long term, but Im guerssing some folk will be very frustrated tonight

#91 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:49 PM

Yeah thats a good possibility.

We forum warrior soloers might need to make a defacto unit to get this going for ourselves.

#92 Shae Starfyre

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 1,429 posts
  • LocationThe Fringe

So, I take it if you created a unti of one man, just for the sake of making a unit, that you can't join CW; that you have to disban and join as a solo person?

#93 Acid Phase

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • 553 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted Image

Now what is a pug to do.... :wacko:

#94 Rumblebutt

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 83 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:50 PM

you think the issue is because they made it so that people who are grouped only play with other people that are grouped and solo players only play with other solo players, and right now there just aren't enough of both or something like that?

#95 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

I guess we cant make a multi faction unit tho...simply for vs clan play.

#96 Peter von Schleier

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts

Port Mosby just got an attack token, so someone is playing

#97 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

12-man Unit Group Requirement for Initiating Attacks

Taking a look at your feedback and the ability of the backend systems and Match Maker, we have decided to remove the restriction of a 12-man Unit Group to initiate attacks. This does NOT mean that we are creating matches of 6v6 or anything like that, just the requirement of a 12-man group is removed. What will happen, is if a less than 12 Unit Group attacks a planet, they will enter an attackers queue for that planet and the Match Maker will be filling the rest of the team with any other attackers attacking the same planet until a full 12 person TEAM is created. Once the 12 person team is created, the attack is initiated and a call to arms is sent to the opposing Force or Faction. More on how this all plays out below. Now remember, a 12-man team does not mean it has to be a 12-man group, it's just that a team has to consist of 12 players from the same Force/Faction wanting to attack.

Scenario setup:
At 0:00 UTC (Acutal time TBD), planets are marked as contested.
For demonstration purposes, let's use "Balsta" as on of the contested planets which is just inside FRR space on the current IS Map.
Combat Phase 1 (First peak time zone) begins
Combat Phases last 2 hours (actual length TBD)

How it plays out for the attacking Force players (Clan players):
* Clan players (either solo or in Unit groups) click Balsta and see a planetary information screen appear.
* On this screen, players can see the contract issued by Clan Jade Falcon (as an example).
* Clan Jade Falcon says the reward of winning your attack match is an extra 5,000,000 CB divided amongst your team.
* An 8-man group clicks Accept Contract.
* The 8-man group is put into the Attacker's queue for planet Balsta.
* A 2-man group clicks Accept Contract.
* The 2-man group is put into the Attacker's queue for planet Balsta.
* The team builder for match making adds the 2-man group to the 8-man group for a team of 10.
* A 4-man group clicks Accept Contract
* The 4-man group is put into the Attacker's queue for planet Balsta.
* The 4-man group does not fit into the current 10-man group in the queue so they are placed on hold.
* A 2-man group clicks Accept Contract
* The team builder for match making adds the 2-man group to the 10-man team for a team of 12.
* A successful 12-player attacking team has been built.
* A call to arms message to all players aligned to FRR is sent system wide. ("A unit group is attacking Balsta! Click the Faction tab to defend!")
* A 3-man group clicks Accept Contract.
* The 3-man group is put into the Attacker's queue for planet Balsta.
* The team builder for match making adds the 3-man group to the 4-man group that was on hold for a team of 7.
This cycle of creating teams and triggering attacks/calls to arms continues for 2hrs.

How it plays out for the defending Force players (IS players):
* A call to arms message is read about a Clan force attacking Balsta.
* IS players (either solo or in Unit groups) click Balsta and see a planetary information screen appear.
* On this screen, players can see the contract issued by Free Rasalhague Republic.
* The FRR says the reward of winning your defensive match is an extra 2,000,000 CB divided amongst your team.
* A 7-man group clicks Accept Contract.
* The 7-man group is put into the Defender's queue for planet Balsta.
* A 2-man group clicks Accept Contract.
* The 2-man group is put into the Defender's queue for planet Balsta.
* The team builder for match making adds the 2-man group to the 7-man group for a team of 9.
* A 4-man group clicks Accept Contract
* The 4-man group is put into the Defender's queue for planet Balsta.
* The 4-man group does not fit into the current 9-man group in the queue so they are placed on hold.
* A 2-man group clicks Accept Contract
* The team builder for match making adds the 2-man group to the 9-man team for a team of 11.
* A solo FRR aligned player clicks Accept Contract
* The solo player is put into the Defender's queue for planet Balsta.
* The team builder for match making adds the solo player to the 11-man team for a team of 12.
* A successful 12-player defending team has been built.
* This 12-player defending team is now in queue to be matched against any attacking 12-player attacking team.
* This cycle of creating teams and defending continues for 2hrs.

Once the above two teams were created, they would be matched together and the game begins.

If the attacking Clan team wins the match, they will win a token (zone, point, something that is collectible and visually representable).

If the defending IS team wins the match, they will have sucessfully defended the planet from that one attack. No tokens are awarded.

Let's assume that the Clan team DID win this match. The Clan Force now owns 1/X tokens for that planet. (for now, let's say X=10)

Here's where the planet conquests rules start to apply. The Clan Force needs to get 10 tokens to successfully take the planet from the IS Forces and the FRR.

When the Clan Force (or any attacking Force/Faction for any contested planet) takes the first token, the opportunity for the IS Force to do a counter attack begins.

The next match after the token is taken, is considered a counter attack. In this case, if the Clan team wins the match, they keep their token. If the IS team wins the match, the token is taken away from the Clan Force. If the IS team wins the match, the next match to take place on the planet is another Clan attack match. This creates a push/pull mechanic for the planet's tokens.

With this scenario playing out over the 3 or 4 peak time combat phases, at the end of the last combat phase, the servers will see if the Clans have maintained at least 10 tokens at the end and if so, the planet is no longer contested and now belongs to Clan Jade Falcon and the border on the IS map reflects this. If the Clans do not have 10 tokens at the end of the last combat phase, the planet remains in control of the FRR/IS Force.

The following question arises: What if the Clans get 15 tokens? The answer is that the IS Forces will have to successfully counter attack 6 times to push the token count back down below 10 to keep the planet.

Edited by Jody Von Jedi, 11 December 2014 - 01:52 PM.

#98 Shin Ken

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 73 posts
  • LocationLower Saxony, Germany

Posted 11 December 2014 - 01:51 PM

I really like my drop deck because it's actually legit Capellan. Locust, Shadow Hawk, Catapult and King Crab!

They're mostly stock though because I started playing again today after a 2 year hiatus since the closed beta so probably I'm going to do more harm than help.
Funny thing that CW actually starts when I'm back :D - because CW not coming (in CLOSED BETA) was the reason I left.

#99 RavensScar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 219 posts
  • LocationUK

Port Moseby and Apollo both seem to be list 1 attacker win, so apparently matches *have* happened. It just seems to be unclear as to how you actually get into one!

#100 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

View PostDamien Banes, on 11 December 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

Port Mosby just got an attack token, so someone is playing

I am there to defend but it seems i am alone.

78 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 78 guests, 0 anonymous users