Tryied It. And There Is Something... Not Cool.

136 replies to this topic

#121 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:19 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 11 December 2014 - 04:31 PM, said:

I don't think you'll get many, if any, kills in CW, bro.

Go tell that to the guys I already got painted on my mech. ;)

So far, I already have passed the 20 Spheroid killed.

It actually fun to leg the lights mech of the Inner Sphere, especially with pulse laser, haaaaa, look at them run... Or trying to walk faster than 50 km/h

Edited by KuroNyra, 12 December 2014 - 12:20 AM.

#122 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:17 AM

View PostBarantor, on 11 December 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

Cops take out the tires of the car they are chasing, they don't shoot for the engine.

Same deal, just gotta adjust your playstyle. Welcome to meta?

The reasons why are clear and I have no problem adapting and most people will adapt quickly as well, that's not the issue.

The problem is that it isn't really good design. Or you think this is the most that can be done with this game's mechanics ?

#123 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:21 AM

PGI...please eliminate damage to the legs of mechs.

Mods, you can now close this thread.

Posted Image

#124 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:38 AM

View PostBarantor, on 11 December 2014 - 03:50 PM, said:

Cops take out the tires of the car they are chasing, they don't shoot for the engine.

Same deal, just gotta adjust your playstyle. Welcome to meta?

thats because tires are not mad eof fat steel and internal, and so are easier to actually be affected by the shot.
but on a light leg or CT doesn't cares when hits don't register, or in the wrong sections. You cna shoot at the legs, his balls, his CT, or even at the stone 100m next to him, same result.

#125 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:48 AM

View PostLord Scarlett Johan, on 11 December 2014 - 04:29 PM, said:

No. It shouldn't.

Why?

In reallity, if the 75th is in the area and hears about some scrub-ass militia unit trying to defend a strategic location, do honestly think they'd go, "well... we're the best light infantry in the world and it wouldn't be a fair fight to engage some under trained, under equipped conscripts.... so... let' s not fight."

No, they're going to roll in and completely destroy or route that militia unit while sustaining few to no casualties.

If the militia plays it smart, they'll withdraw from the area. If you see a planet under attack by SJR or Lords and you're smart, you'll go, "nope, let a better unit handle that."

thats a stupid explanation, because in reality the troops would be paid full time warriors and wouldn't be what you describe,, but we are in a game and people are not paid full time warriors.

#126 Ulketulke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 324 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:14 AM

Legging is the fastest and easiest way to deal with Clan XL engines.
If a Timberwolf pilot knows how to twist and keep up his speed, you need double the dmg/time to kill him with CT or RT/LT compared to legging. And when you get one leg, the other one usually gets destroyed really fast, cause he cant move properly anymore.

#127 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 11 December 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

More like "Welcome to unfair battles". The leggs? That's just a **** move. Nothing more. At least they had big troubles fighting us even with there teamspeak.

Sorry? I should not be allowed to wound you so you are easier to kill? Do you hear how silly that sounds? :huh:

#128 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostDavers, on 11 December 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

Why are targeting legs bad? Because you stripped the armour there? LOL

Welcome to the Big Leagues. :P

Because the OP died to it.
That's why most everything in MWO is called "bad"
Then you use slandering name calling (IE cowards) to defend your position doncha' know?

#129 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

View PostSandpit, on 12 December 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Because the OP died to it.
That's why most everything in MWO is called "bad"
Then you use slandering name calling (IE cowards) to defend your position doncha' know?

Soooooo I'm doing it wrong? :huh:

#130 Kanigit

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:01 AM

View PostKuroNyra, on 11 December 2014 - 02:46 PM, said:

Worst is we actually hold our ground pretty well for a "Pug". Theses guys got cooked pretty nice.

I was there, on the FRR side. It was funny, they had 11 guys and I filled in the last spot (not part of their group, just random dude joining up :)

It was my first (and so far only match), and they spent the first few moments crowing about how we were gonna wipe the clanners out, that they hadn't lost a match yet.

Imagine my lolz when their idea of assaulting was bunching up at the open gate, thumbs up their bums, and waiting for...something? I kept moving to the flank to make sure we weren't getting flanked (we could barely see what the enemy was doing) and everytime I did so I got chewed out to 'stay with the group.' Which then had the glorious idea to simply rush the objective. We were cut to ribbons, of course, as you clanners were patient and could clearly see we had no plan.

All in all I still had a blast, but I came away with one major takeaway:

--This game needs some kind of in-game com system yesterday. I would love to see a communication rosette, with common orders and callouts, which I could bind to 'Q' or 'E.' This allows even the mic-shy to stay in touch with the team, which is absolutely critical to this mode of play. Deathball charges will not work, barring the rare glorious exception. We now have a game mode that really needs teamwork, lets get the tools implemented in the game to facilitate this.

Peace to all

#131 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostKanigit, on 12 December 2014 - 10:01 AM, said:

We were cut to ribbons, of course, as you clanners were patient and could clearly see we had no plan.

Except for those 3 pushes that killed us. :[

#132 Kanigit

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 66 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:09 AM

View PostLava Cookies, on 12 December 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Except for those 3 pushes that killed us. :[

Well yeah, all in all it was a blast to play. You guys did great! At the end I thought to myself "good on ya clanners, ye did yer duty."

Perhaps we see each other on field of battle again eh?

Peace

#133 pwnface

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,009 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostLily from animove, on 11 December 2014 - 05:20 PM, said:

I wait for the moment where a fleet of jumping lights just hops over the gate shoots down the objective before anyone can destroy them at all.

We've already been doing this with pretty good success. One match we somehow got switched to defend instead of attack and still rolled out with 12 light mechs, we took out 15 of the enemy mechs before we lost our first mech. Good teamwork and tactics will take you far.

#134 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:10 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 December 2014 - 09:32 AM, said:

Soooooo I'm doing it wrong? :huh:

Yes

See...

I got CT cored once, so what I SHOULD have done, is jump on the forums and ask PGI to stop letting mechs get killed by coring out their CT.

#135 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:18 AM

View PostLava Cookies, on 11 December 2014 - 02:44 PM, said:

Played in that match.
It should not be randoms vs a 12 man. No ******* contest.

( cough BS cough) 2nd CW match, a PUG team took out a 12 man Clan Team. It was a crazy close battle but we (the Pugs) prevailed 48-42. Nothing like a bit of Text chatter to keep things loose. ;)

You want to know "sucks". 12 Spiders, over a gate, direct to the BIG GUN, Boom game over. 2:12 on the clock. No way to kill them fast enough when not expecting it. Would be tough even if you knew it was coming. It hapens...

One can always stay in the Solo queue. Apparently they don't shoot legs there? ;)

#136 Saint Scarlett Johan

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:21 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 12 December 2014 - 03:48 AM, said:

thats a stupid explanation, because in reality the troops would be paid full time warriors and wouldn't be what you describe,, but we are in a game and people are not paid full time warriors.

Uh.... that's a real world scenario.... so yes, that stuff actually happens and has happened all throughout history. If you stop and use your brain, you'd realize the 75th Ranger Regiment are better soldiers than a conscript militia unit. You'd also know that from all the tournaments that SJR and HoL are better than everyone else, so it's a perfectly valid analogy to compare the best of one scenario (HoL to Rangers) to your average everyday Steering Wheel Underhive team (3rd World conscript militia).

Stay classy you.

#137 Y E O N N E

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostKuroNyra, on 11 December 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

It's a video game before all.

The leggs? Really? Only cowards support that. But ok, lets just target the legs of each other. It will be SO fun. :)

Clanners don't are not in a position to call anybody cowards, let alone a Clanner who is mad 'cuz bad.

I will kill any target in any way I darn well please.
Posted Image

Edited by Yeonne Greene, 12 December 2014 - 03:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users