#1 Alistair Winter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 10,823 posts
  • LocationBergen, Norway, FRR

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:20 PM

Just kidding, they're alive and well.

I'm using a RVN-H, CPLT-K2, AWS-8Q and RVN-3L (with MLs and SRM4's). Hellbringers, Stormcrows, Timber Wolves. They're all being mowed down like everyone else. Just like the public matches we're used to.

Now, I'm sure the elite units have a significant advantage against other elite units using Tier 1 Clan mechs. Because at the very top, the competition is fierce and there may not be such a huge skill disparity between winners and losers. But there's a very chunky portion of the bell curve with lots of fairly casual and average players, where the level of skill varies tremendously. In most matches, you don't have to use a Timber Wolf to stay competitive.

I just got out of a match with 9 kills and 2 remaining mechs. I didn't carry the team, but overall our team was more skilled. Others did more damage than me, but the point is, our ragged company of Cicadas, Hunchbacks, Stalkers and Orions put the hurt on those Tier 1 Clan mechs like nobody's business.

Posted Image

Note: PUG vs 11 man group. ;)

EDIT: There's also the possibility that the enemy just made some tactical errors because they're not familiar with the map or game mode, and that things will change when everyone has familiarised themselves. There's also the possibility that the maps are not balanced and defending is a lot easier than attacking. I mostly started this thread to brag about my 9 kills, to be honest.

Edited by Alistair Winter, 11 December 2014 - 04:23 PM.

#2 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:27 PM

Well the maps should favour the defender or they will change hands fairly easily. Plus having defenders having a bonus encourages solo players to defend against pre-mades. But well done. :)

#3 Grease Monkey

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 112 posts
  • LocationKCMO

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

Consider me trolled. Now what can I do with this popcorn? I am glad to hear that the playing field is still fairly even though.

#4 GRiPSViGiL

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 11 December 2014 - 04:45 PM

Come on! Clan Ghost Bear India is uh....nevermind.

#5 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:06 PM

It depends on your competition.

For instance, if your opponents are the ones are you finding in the solo queue, well... a coordinated group will more often than not win vs them.

If your opponents are the Lords or some other competitive group, having players on your team that are solo/lone wolves are generally a detriment to the efficiency of focus firing.

Essentially, teamwork is OP.

#6 Euri Yggdrasil

• PipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA, USA

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:42 PM

The Tier of your mechs isn't as important as the Tier of the pilot.

#7 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:21 PM

I personally loved the chance to take down some of the competitive players that I saw in the tourney earlier this year using my treb. They seemed to be missing a lot of shots which I can only attribute to the framerate drop affecting them more than me.

#8 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:09 AM

lol, raven, you mean that hitreg cheating thing? by this ist already a tier 1 mech.

and 9 kills at 1200dmg, sounds moe like killstealing :P But a dead mech is a dead mach and supports the team.

Edited by Lily from animove, 12 December 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#9 SgtExo

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 77 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:15 AM

My 3 primary mechs are a Hunchback, Centurion, and Shadowhawk. They are all doing great with their maneuvarability. Also my SHD-5M with a gauss is a great starting mech to clear the gates of attackers or defenders.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users