Suggestion To Help Cw Succeed

3 replies to this topic

#1 Riverboat Sam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 05:44 PM

It appears that there are definitely not enough players signing up to attack/defend specific planets to provide reasonable wait times.

Suggestion:

Provide a single drop lobby for all players. We log in, pick our drop deck and wait. Matchmaker picks a suitable planet and battle for us.

Perhaps one drop lobby for groups and one for pugs, or matchmaker just recognizes you're automatically in a group with the other members of your unit in the drop queue at the same time.

#2 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:18 PM

I have a feeling that this will be worked on pretty quickly, since its causing lot of grief for players. I don't know if a single drop deck would be a good idea, as it takes away the feel of CW I think they were going for, but I could see a revamped system that perhaps narrows the available targets at a given time. Right now I have well over ten different attack/defend options with no way of knowing which one will provide the shortest wait. We'll just have to see how they fix it, but rest assured something will be done.

#3 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 06:19 PM

it was just released today, give them a little bit to iron stuff out.

#4 Riverboat Sam

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Resolute
  • The Resolute
  • 209 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:45 PM

Yeah, just trying to help.

It's easy to see how they missed this in their testing as they wouldn't have any idea how much traffic CW would see and how it would scale before this beta release. It's pretty obvious they have a big issue to fix. I'm sure Russ is pulling his hair out about now.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users