3 replies to this topic

#1 Mister26

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:04 PM

Hey everyone,

First of all, I love this game and according to my wife have spent way too much money on it! :D I wanted to throw out an idea for "CW" that in my opinion would make it a lot more fun and much more rewarding. I wish they would implement a "Hardcore Mode". Let me go in-depth before you inhale for that gasp...and just know that this mode would be totally voluntary so we wouldn't lose our casual players.

We go into battle, you destroy a "mech" and that mech's salvage totally belongs to you (or whoever did the most damage to it). Whatever is salvageable can be piecemealed to eventually (RNG Gods be good to us!!!) create that chassis (weapons and equipment included). Depending on damage you could get as much as a whole mech (pilot kill) or as little as a machine gun (close to total destruction of the mech). On the flipside, you can lose you mech (maybe except real money mechs??? dunno how peops will react to that one...better idea hopefully?) or maybe it is out for a long period of time (real time days!!!) for extensive repairs, and you will have to save up for a replacement. There will always be loaner mechs (i.e. trial mechs for a small fee or percentage of your winnings of course) for you to rebuild your bankroll. There would need to be a designated "retreat area" on the battlefield if there was no hope for survival also...to save you some money.

Just imagine "pilot killing" that Direwolf and being able to sell, scavenge its tech, or even use it! I think that would bring a whole new dimension to this game. Smarter players, better tactics and teamwork!

IMHO there needs to be some type of loss or "mech quake" will get real old quick without a real sense of accomplishment. Don't get me wrong, I'm an oldschool battletech diehard and love where "CW" is taking us, but just imagine this awesome game along the lines of EVE ONLINE....I would never log out....lol..j/k...but seriously.... :wacko:

Bring on the flammage... :angry:

v/r

-[DH] Mister26

Edited by Mister26, 11 December 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#2 Katotonic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 169 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:20 PM

I approve of this. I have always wanted this game to be like EVE from the beginning except Battletech universe.

Personally, I only have one problem losing a mech(s) which is that we play so many death matches that you would forever be running out. EVE you can lose it but you aren't forced to, which you would be here. Solution: keep the gain salvage idea just don't lose your own mech (at least not the chassis, maybe you could lose equipment?)

#3 Mister26

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:31 PM

Agreed Katotonic...how about losing that mech for a week of repair time? Too harsh?

v/r

#4 Mister26

• PipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 23 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:02 PM

Bump for opinions...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users