Minor Cw Hot Fix Inbound At 9Pm Pst / 5Am Utc

29 replies to this topic

#21 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

Attackers need more of a choice besides running down a hallway. Defenders sit and wait at the beginning because they can't stop the attackers from killing the generators because the gates are too big and defenders should spawn in front of the gates.

#22 Alexander Garden

Producer

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 1,510 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:32 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 11 December 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

THIS PROBABLY ISN'T THE PLACE FOR THIS, but Alexander, do you think we could get faction Sub-Forums added to the CW page? There have been a lot of faction specific posts trying to organize fights, discuss wins/losses etc - IMHO, it would be nice to have these in the one spot.

I'll put these in place today!

#23 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:36 AM

The number one most important thing is something telling us if were waiting in queue in vain or not. Someway to tell how many people are on a planet, before the slots are filled.

That would vastly improve whats already pretty darned great.

Id say you could dump the entire Faction forum tree, under CW now. Instead of making new forums.

#24 KraftySOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:04 AM

Nice. Hopefully that gets some more traffic into the faction forums. Seems to be more already.

#25 SCE LBrooks

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • 10 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 12 December 2014 - 01:20 PM

My clan and I haven't been able to find a match ever. Why?

#26 Dulahan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 361 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:14 PM

Just echoing the flat out NEED to have a queue # so we know where we'll get a match. I honestly don't even see how this weekend challenge is feasible when it can take 30+ minutes to get just one match, and that match might take 20+ minutes. There just isn't enough waking time until we can get matches reasonably quickly.

#27 Dagadegatto

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostJdude1, on 12 December 2014 - 05:44 AM, said:

Also, I'd like to see a map on the website that get's updated with the current positions whenever the battle breaks happen. I might be more likely to log on if I see that my house is falling behind.

+1

#28 JosefKafka

• Pip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 13 posts
  • LocationWorld?

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:43 PM

Hi, I'm having issues with my faction. Well, I'm not against Steiner, but I always intended to switch t my true colours when CW began. I was slumming it with a Steiner unit due to some friends being there, but even after leaving the unit I haven't been allowed to change. I did try the forum faction selector, but it doesn't excist for me anymore. I also tried the break contract button, but all that button did was to change to gray. Now it just states there is too little time on my contract to break it.

#29 Josef Koba

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 527 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 10:26 AM

I think the long-awaited addition of CW is great, and despite the bugs, the whole idea and execution is phenomenal. I mean, that would be the case if I could ever get into a match. I haven't been able to play CW yet. I give up after 30 minutes of staring at a clock that's counting up with no indication whatsoever that anyone else is even attempting to join the match. Since last night I am 0-5 in attempts to join a CW match. In the time I've spent waiting to get into CW, I could have played ten matches, assuming they went the maximum time, which rarely happens. As has been noted, we need to be able to see people join or leave a lobby, otherwise we have no idea if we'll ever get in. The futility of seeing the clock go up and up without seeing a single MechWarrior join is too much. The player feels as though he is wasting his time with no knowledge if he will actually enjoy himself at any point, and thus will go back to the regular queue or quit playing altogether. I would gladly play CW even with the bugs and crashes if I thought I could actually play CW at all, but at this point I feel as though I'm wasting time.

#30 MahKraah

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bushido
  • The Bushido
  • 192 posts
  • LocationSaffel Dierondistrict

Posted 14 December 2014 - 09:03 AM

alter the geometry of the objective in a way that light can no longer jump ontop of it and Hide INSIDE the structure. up to 2 spiders fit in there and they can shoot the generator while beeing invulnerable. standing at the objective with the whole team and and watching the gun dieing without ANY chance to do something about it is infinite frustrating. 2 of my unitmembers stated , after experience this: " i wont spend up to 45 minutes to finaly get a match and than standing there getting the whole match ruined by a single glitch abusing as....., no more cw for me"

as much as this betatest is needed, you are burning players. thousends will never come back to cw after the experience they made this weekend
the hole thing is so counterintuitive that it should not be allowed for ppl to try it without guidance of someone who figured out the whole thing already.

dozends of ppl reported that they never get matches EVER.
they took contracts in abandones battles.

we are kurita loyalits and most of the ppl where willing to defend homeworlds but they are bombarded with notifications to defend our enemys planets with out a indicator that they are waiting for ages to defend a steiner world... all that while our own defenses partly fail because not enough ppl signin to those.

once you get a match it is verry engaging and intensive sulfur is ok with advantage for the defenders , on the icy map this advantage is way to big, without a specialized setup and a fully coordinated group you better dont even try to attack there.
the problem is you dont know the map.
on sulfur you need highalpha brawlers on the icy map you need lrm ecm and snipers
on both maps 12 jumpjet 150kmh lights have biggest chance to win a attack atleast in is-is battles, the clans have the ability to fit ALOT more streaks to counter this.
the lights advantage might be gone if you actualy can hit them with conventional weapons again(hit reg -low fps problem)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users