Waited 1 Hour To Get Slaughtered In 10 Min. Gg

17 replies to this topic

#1 -Halcyon-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:19 PM

Besides a poor matchmaking mechanic (i.e. none whatsoever), CW highlights the painfully obvious gap between premades and pugs.
After waiting an hour to get into a match, I finally dropped with fellow pugs against Lords.
They were defending and we were attacking.

No surprise how the match went. 12 random players pitted against 12 players on voice comms working together.
The result was an underwhelming bitter feeling towards CW as a small group/solo player.

Before the "get in a unit" replies stream in, I am in a unit of 4 people. But even if 4 drops with randoms or at the best 2 other 4-man units, we're still at a disadvantage against a 12 man unit.
So really what I take away from this is CW is geared only for units with 12 players or more. Anything less and you're just asking for disappointment city.

It's just too bad that CW turned out to be super exclusive and not something that the majority of MWO players could enjoy.
Imo it really should be called Premade Warfare, because that's the only way to actually enjoy this new game mode to it's fullest.

All told, CW is a great idea but poorly executed for all types of players and not just the large units.
Ah well. I guess it is what it is and small unit/solo players either accept it and queue or play something else. :(

#2 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:23 PM

The devs said it was geared to units.....

#3 Dino Might

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:24 PM

I think developing in game VOIP would be fantastic, and having it as an option to turn on/off easily between matches would be great. You may get drops with foul-mouthed 12 year olds, and you chalk those up to a loss anyways and just mute the kids, because they are probably going to go on a TK rampage anyways. But if you end up with a drop of small groups or lots of solos, you have the opportunity to communicate without having to set up TS or another program on the fly (which is darn near impossible in the time from lobby to mechs on the ground). I'm sure the devs have this in their queue of things to evaluate, and I wouldn't be surprised to see it added in the future.

Hope things get better for ya - there's still a lot of fun dropping solo. I ran an alt account with four trials and pulled a decent damage match out of it, even though we lost. We did manage to get up to the PDC. Just didn't get any shots on it.

#4 -Halcyon-

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 222 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:25 PM

View PostGrantham Besat, on 11 December 2014 - 08:23 PM, said:

I'm not saying they didn't. I'm pointing out this mode's exclusivity.

#5 BARBAR0SSA

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,136 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:34 PM

I had to wait 20 mins, 25mins, 15, then 1

Solo drop.

Still MUCH more fun,except the end, if you save your fast light for the end there's some odd hit reg issues happening adn a lot more ping variance.

#6 Tryhards Online

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:38 PM

I'm just curious. Do you have an end match screen?

#7 Catalinasgrace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHudson, TX

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:39 PM

Well in other games such as WoT, it's the same way... Large units control what is going on there as well and unless you are VERY prepared and part of another large clan pucker up butter cup because they are not going to buy you dinner first (if you get my drift)... There are no other options for a game play mode such as CW and what the point of it is...

#8 Shlkt

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 319 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

As much as it sucks to drop with PUGs against a Tier 1 unit in a full 12-man group, there aren't many of those groups around. I suspect most CW games will be fought PUG vs PUG. Don't let a single lopsided game scare you away from the experience.

An hour of waiting, though, is quite excessive. If you've been waiting more than 5 minutes then I would say it's time to pick a different planet.

#9 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:40 PM

Even geared to units it is heavily biased to the defender.........there isn't a commander alive that would be stupid enough to attack entrenched forces supported by fixed defenses (turrets) and air support (drop ship lasers) with an equal number of troops. Complete and utter failure on the part of this game designer to get a very basic concept down and in the game.

#10 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:42 PM

There's going to be a lot of #rekt and #ggclose during CW.

#11 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,511 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 11 December 2014 - 08:48 PM

Sounds like the wait might have finally been worth it! Brings back epic memories of AV facing off against entire guilds of horde players. Now if only PGI could sort out the battlemap... Shift+LMB+Delete ought to be about right.

#12 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

why did they called it community war then and not unit wars?

#13 EvangelionUnit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 776 posts
  • LocationWarframe

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:36 PM

Dev's said no 3rd person
Dev's said no coolant
Dev's said ...

OH WAIT YOU GET IT ?! right ? right.

#14 Praslek2

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:40 PM

It's probably not very fun for the premades to drop against teh barbarian horde every time, either.

#15 Lefty Lucy

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,924 posts
  • LocationFree Tikonov Republic

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

View PostEvangelionUnit, on 12 December 2014 - 04:36 PM, said:

Dev's said no 3rd person
Dev's said no coolant
Dev's said ...

OH WAIT YOU GET IT ?! right ? right.

You try hitting F4 in a CW match yet?

#16 G SE7EN7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 579 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGaledon District

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:43 PM

I dont know about that. Farming cbills with endless wins never gets old.

#17 Telmasa

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,548 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:30 PM

View PostR Razor, on 11 December 2014 - 08:40 PM, said:

Even geared to units it is heavily biased to the defender.........there isn't a commander alive that would be stupid enough to attack entrenched forces supported by fixed defenses (turrets) and air support (drop ship lasers) with an equal number of troops. Complete and utter failure on the part of this game designer to get a very basic concept down and in the game.

I totally disagree with this.

Attacking SHOULD have a disadvantage. That's why it's an attack and not a defense and/or pug match.

On top of this, I've seen about as many successful attacks as I have seen successful defenses. The game has a great balance RIGHT where it is, players need to adapt.

What we really need is information and a matchmaker that doesn't make us wait interminably with no signs whatsoever of whether it's achieving anything.

#18 Acuaslo

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:31 PM

View PostG SE7EN7, on 12 December 2014 - 04:43 PM, said:

I dont know about that. Farming cbills with endless wins never gets old.

But they don't even get any C-bills when attacking, they just 12 man rush the base and the game is over in less than 2 mins.
the average winnings for the loser would be 30K and winners get a bit more.
All that after 10-30min queue time...

Worse part? only the premades will be left on solo attack mission 12 v 0 because pugs have just had enough that bullshit.

That's worst case thou. I've played couple of really close def matches of attrition won some, lost some but in every case the match was awesome and really fun to play.
Too bad we won't be getting many of those matches till the premades are separated from pugs.

Edited by Acuaslo, 12 December 2014 - 05:32 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users