Real Cw Info

12 replies to this topic

#1 Thor 33

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:17 PM

What I would like to know-where was it put out that you could only use davion mechs if you were in a davion unit? Yes, yes, yes-I get the whole point of 'loyalty' and 'realism'. BUT THIS IS A GAME. I've been working for about 6 weeks now on mastering the direwhale, stormcrow, and now the mad cat. So...not fun at all to find out if I do CW with my unit I can't even use these mechs. Also, the 4 mech 240 tonne rule is stupid. If I want to take two 100 tonners and a 40-let me. Currently I have an atlas, stalker, and spider that I can use in CW. I can't use the stalker and atlas together. That means I have to use at least two 'trial' mechs which means I will suck in them. I have no interest in buying and mastering the jenner or firestarter. I have my light mech-the spider. I've been waiting for the clan dasher-if they ever do masc of course. This is a GAME. its supposed to be FUN. Not limiting, not frustrating. I am 42 years old with three kids. I don't have 80 hours a week to play. I'll never have all of these mechs purchased and mastered. Would love to try CW. That being said-the wait is freaking ridiculous. Haven't been able to get even one person to join me. Have NO IDEA how to join others. The user interface SUCKS.

#2 ZenFool

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 414 posts
  • LocationOrion's Bible Belt

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:20 PM

I hear ya, but some of that info has been out there for months now. Of course, since you have a life you probably didn't know that. Just try to have fun and keep in mind this is a beta version. A couple of dollars will buy you more mechbays and mechs, maybe one of your loving children will get you MC. Cause kids are awesome about getting their parents xmas presents.....

#3 Grantham Besat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 197 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

These rules have been on the forums for weeks now. Your a victim of your own inability to even read the forum that you are posting your complaint in. The devs even posted the fact cw is for units and is considered a hard core mode.

#4 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 11 December 2014 - 09:21 PM

it was said months ago. Sorry you missed it. And you dont get to play with only Davion mechs. You get to play with any Inner Sphere mechs. You want to play with Clan mechs, you need to either be part of a Clan faction and or join a merc unit that will take contracts from Clans so you can play Clan mechs.

Edited by Yoseful Mallad, 11 December 2014 - 09:34 PM.

#5 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

First
You don't get to play only in Davion mechs. You get to play in ANY inner sphere mech.

Second
This information has been known for months.

Third
Play as a clanner if you want to use clan mechs

Fourth
Drop in the public queue just as you always have and continue enjoying playing those clan or IS mechs regardless of your faction.

This is one completely optional portion of the game that's not a requirement to participate in and only limits you for this specific drop queue. You can still drop in public matches just the same as you always have. It's hard to have much sympathy when all the information you're upset about not having was readily and easily available in several different threads on these forums, announced in podcasts, posted on various websites, and posted on twitter.

I can understand that frustration on your part but this is not a reason to change the entire basis of CW because you made an uninformed decision.

#6 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:35 PM

Sorry m8, but the whole, "IS only uses IS, and Clan only uses Clan," thing...

That's been common knowledge for almost an entire year dude.

#7 Brody319

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:37 PM

I think they are being super lenient letting you bring any IS mech for an IS team, and any Clan mech for a Clan player. If this was really realistic, you could only use specific mechs. and if a clan team wanted to use another clan's mech, they would have a trial of possession to see who deserves to run them.

#8 Re-type Pilot Name

Rookie

• The People's Hero
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

Odd thing... I have been waiting for drop weight limits from the start....it is mechwarrior after all.....

#9 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 11 December 2014 - 10:44 PM

View PostThor 33, on 11 December 2014 - 09:17 PM, said:

I am 42 years old with three kids.

Maybe you should learn to speak like one then and stop making rants.

#10 Milocinia

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,470 posts
  • LocationAvalon City, New Avalon

Posted 11 December 2014 - 11:05 PM

View PostAresye, on 11 December 2014 - 10:35 PM, said:

Sorry m8, but the whole, "IS only uses IS, and Clan only uses Clan," thing...

That's been common knowledge for almost an entire year dude.

Not just common knowledge but I would have thought common sense as well.

#11 Thor 33

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:16 PM

Ahh, so many of you, grantham, sandpit and Kyocera will see me on the battlefield one day. And if your totally into lore-I remember a book where Victor davion and hohiro kurita used direwolves on the battlefield. My tonnage point was only that if I want to play two assaults and a light-let me. And while I may be 'ranting', I was ranting about the game, not making personal comments against a person like you three little sh1ts decided to do. I only hope to see you in this game.

#12 Noth

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 4,762 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:18 PM

View PostThor 33, on 12 December 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Ahh, so many of you, grantham, sandpit and Kyocera will see me on the battlefield one day. And if your totally into lore-I remember a book where Victor davion and hohiro kurita used direwolves on the battlefield. My tonnage point was only that if I want to play two assaults and a light-let me. And while I may be 'ranting', I was ranting about the game, not making personal comments against a person like you three little sh1ts decided to do. I only hope to see you in this game.

You speak of an exception made for one of a kind heroes. Exceptions are not the rule. Further, those happened much farther into the war than what the timeline is at.

#13 Super Trooper

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 86 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:22 PM

You can still run two 100 ton assults, but you have to take two locusts too. See clans can't do that since we don't have a 20 ton light.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users