People Want To Play, Dont Spit The Mm By Planet!

27 replies to this topic

#21 kapusta11

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 3,854 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

PGI just need to tie the amount of planets that can be assaulted at the same time to the amount of palyers, something like: N of game = Amount of players/24 + another 2-3 games so that groups of different size can fit.

Edited by kapusta11, 12 December 2014 - 06:44 AM.

#22 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:44 AM

The option to pick a specific planet must exist, lets not get this twisted. This thread brings up the need for a "Drop Now" or "Quick Match" feature. If you do not care what planet you fight for but want to attack or defend for your faction whatever planet the battle may be on, you should be able to choose "Quick Match" and it puts you in for the next available fight for your faction.

#23 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:46 AM

+1,000,000,000, Alistair.
We need to be able to see how many people are in a lobby waiting for matches. When you click on the planet, it shows:
Match A: 7 defenders, 10 attackers
Match B: 10 defenders, 12 attackers
Match C: 2 defenders, 9 attackers

Something like that so we can gauge on where to put ourselves based on what needs filled in.

View PostAlistair Winter, on 12 December 2014 - 05:47 AM, said:

I really, really, really disagree. If we're all being auto-assigned to a given planet, then you may as well remove the galaxy map. The whole idea of certain units trying to defend or attack certain worlds will be gone, and it's just going to be one big faction vs faction brawl.

The problem would be fixed much easier and better by giving people the ability to see how many people are waiting for a match in any given lobby, and give unassigned players the ability to select between any number of current lobbies in need of players from their faction.

If matchmaker is constantly going to move major units across the galaxy as needed, the whole point of the map is gone. At that point, it's completely random what planets are attacked and invaded.

#24 Felix7007

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:48 AM

I like this too, Kind of like World of Tanks or World of Warplanes.

#25 Muffinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 447 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:04 AM

The problem would be fixed much easier and better by giving people the ability to see how many people are waiting for a match in any given lobby, and give unassigned players the ability to select between any number of current lobbies in need of players from their faction.

I suggested that to Russ today on twitter and he said they agree and are looking at it

#26 NextGame

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:07 AM

Community Warfare should be a game mode type selectable by both rambo and group queue, and players/groups who have it picked while launching should be used to pad out teams where planetary assault is going on (in the case of groups, only where all group members are elibigle to play together i.e. all IS, all Clan, or all same faction).

Edited by NextGame, 12 December 2014 - 07:07 AM.

#27 Dagadegatto

• PipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 95 posts
  • LocationCopenhagen

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:26 AM

I really, really, really disagree. If we're all being auto-assigned to a given planet, then you may as well remove the galaxy map. The whole idea of certain units trying to defend or attack certain worlds will be gone, and it's just going to be one big faction vs faction brawl.

Agreed, autodrop by itself would remove a lot of fun elements, however as an extra option it would help alleviate the wait times. Player choice should be the primary way of joining a drop.

View PostFelix7007, on 12 December 2014 - 06:44 AM, said:

The option to pick a specific planet must exist, lets not get this twisted. This thread brings up the need for a "Drop Now" or "Quick Match" feature. If you do not care what planet you fight for but want to attack or defend for your faction whatever planet the battle may be on, you should be able to choose "Quick Match" and it puts you in for the next available fight for your faction.

Exactly my point. I see absolutely zero problems with having a "Quick Match / Instant Action" option.

#28 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 12 December 2014 - 07:32 AM

View PostVagGR, on 12 December 2014 - 06:15 AM, said:

no auto deploy..i think an option to be able to see how many attackerd/defenders are queued on each contested planet would solve a lot of issues without taking away the choice of where to attack/defend from players

Once there are logistics, I agree, then it needs to be a "closest battle" and a "Most immediate battle" option.

Till then, getting people into games faster I think is a good thing.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 12 December 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

OK I didn't have command yesterday but our drops were on Planets of our choosing. We had to wait for PUG selection to find us a matching 3 players on our planet. Maybe PUGs should be left random while groups pick?

That;s another good option.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users