Balance

69 replies to this topic

#41 RassilonMonk

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 2 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:51 AM

personally I'd like to shoot the base construction officer who put the generators on a stick to be shot at :P

#42 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostDonnerkeil666, on 11 December 2014 - 11:12 PM, said:

Can anyone report an IS win over clans?

I lost defending vs IS as Clan. The group was a FRR 12-Man called 331, I believe. Forgive me if you are in this unit and I got your name wrong.

#43 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:28 AM

Report sent in sir. ;) A heavily mixed group took out 48 Clanners and defended valiantly. ;)

5-1 in CW last night. Lose was on Snow Map, to a First Wave of 12 Spiders, Gates? What Gates. They did not matter. They rushed the Base, killed the BIG Gun in 2:12 (or :02). A truly wow, WTF just happened, kinda moment. Wish I had the video. They came over the Gate like those bugs in the Starship Trooper movies. Just WOWZERS. LOL

P.S. PGI may need to toughen up the BIG GUN generators or a lot of QQ will be incoming when that Base Rush tactic gains more popularity... ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 12 December 2014 - 10:37 AM.

#44 Jody Von Jedi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 1,551 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:36 AM

I got "Derped" and "Lorded" over last night.

4 matches - 4 losses

I have noticed the Sulfur map is the easier to attack. There are 3 gates as opposed to 2 on the Ice/Snow map (forget their names at the moment).

On the Snow map, the defending base can cover both gates from practically the same position. Especially if they have long range weapons. The attacker doesn't have much chance at all on this map.

The Sulfur map has 3 gates and they are far enough apart with obstructions to prevent covering more than 2 at a time from any given position, unless the team splits up. Harder to protect, easier to capture.

Just my observations from 4 drops.

#45 Brody319

• The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 6,273 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:48 AM

My only successful attack was when we had no defending team and we just stomped in and blew up the cannon.

#46 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:41 AM

View PostAppogee, on 12 December 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

It's interesting that people are having such different experiences.

Indeed.

#47 Attish

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 28 posts
  • LocationHungary

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:49 AM

View PostArcturious, on 11 December 2014 - 11:13 PM, said:

Can anyone report a succesful queue?

We managed a succesfull counterattack mission against Clan Wolf yesterday night. We assaulted two gates almost at the same time, most firepower at one gate and a few lights and meds at the other. While they focused on the bigger team, the others managed to open the other gate. Then we pushed in to engage them in their base.

Important note: Easier to attack on Sulfurus cuz there are more cover inside the gates, then the other map.

#48 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 13 December 2014 - 12:54 AM

View PostDaManiac, on 11 December 2014 - 11:11 PM, said:

Being someone with actual military training and experience, I have to say the idea from onset is flawed.

Armies typically conduct attacking operations with a firepower ratio of 3:1 attack to defense to ensure greater chance of victory.

It's really simple, a guy in a foxhole has cover, a guy running to clear him out is in the open. Who has a steady aim, who is easier to shoot?

You'd probably need a company to clean out a dug in lance to avoid heavy injuries.

First flaw in your thinking... this isnt the real world so there is no real world consequences to dying. Therefore tactics are different. As the goal is simply to reach the big guns backside and blast the generator there, no one on the attacking force cares how much pain comes their way as long as they blow the cannon away. therefore 1:1 works here as long as the attacking team can get guns on the cannon. Either by smashing aside the defenders with Crabs etc or by rushing past them with Tag carriers and raining LRMs on it.

Second flaw... none of us are dug in. We are in cover but LRMs ignore cover. They see you, you see them right back.

Edited by Keira RAVEN McKenna, 13 December 2014 - 12:56 AM.

#49 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 13 December 2014 - 02:52 AM

View PostKeira RAVEN McKenna, on 13 December 2014 - 12:54 AM, said:

First flaw in your thinking... this isnt the real world so there is no real world consequences to dying.

There is a game consequence, though. There are only 48 lives available in total, and four per individual. After they're gone, you and the team lose. That is a consequence which will affect in-game behavior.

#50 Keira RAVEN McKenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 878 posts
  • LocationAuckland ...but summer has gone and the tears now flow

Posted 13 December 2014 - 04:18 AM

Just played with a team that got organised, had all the heavies and assaults line up at one gate, dropped both at the same time then charged in legging everything in sight then hit the turrets. Second wave was a light rush... as they left everyone alive but legged they ran right pasted them and hit the cannon generator

#51 Kiiyor

• Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:09 AM

Out of 5 defenses as the IS, 4 have been successful. Out of 4 attacks (IS attacking Clans) we were successful once, on the hot map.

I'm starting to believe it's a feat worthy of ballads to defeat entrenched clanners on that ******* cold map as the 'Sphere. The clans have an amazing mobility and range advantage. The only tactic i've seen work (on youtube) was full, 12 mech light rushes.

#52 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:20 AM

A 12 man light mech rush to the objective is a cheap and easy win most of the time.

Not everyone is willing to do that though.

The biggest problem is that most people on attack want to stay back and snipe/LRM. This loses matches on an attack. You can attrition down a few enemies but remember - they get fresh replacements. They just have to pull back into the turrets. They have better cover and better ground and better support. I've yet to see someone out-attrition the defenders.

The win is about getting the defenders attention in one place then pushing hard and fast in another, ignoring defenders and turrets if you can and just smashing the generator.

That's how you win.

#53 GumbyC2C

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 392 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationDeutchland

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

I have yet to see an IS team beat our clan teams. We can just stand off with our superior ranged weapons for the most part and pick them off until the numbers favor us for a rush. The Clan Vs Clan matches have been great fun though with pitched battles and both attackers and defenders winning.

#54 gregsolidus

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,352 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 05:28 AM

View PostTarmok II, on 12 December 2014 - 05:15 AM, said:

not only that attack is possible. NO even attack was clanns is possible.
want a prove here he is:

Posted Image

Seeing a lot of possible PUGs in that picture...

#55 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 13 December 2014 - 06:11 AM

View PostSully, on 12 December 2014 - 07:42 AM, said:

I have not experienced a successful attack. Best we did before we died was kill 20 enemy mechs on Sulfur. Lost all four mechs rapidly because that is what happens when you play (as well as myself) as pugs.

I like to win every once and awhile, but getting cut down in short order drop after drop just sucks. So far, not impressed with CW. Was hoping it would be more than what it is.

15 games so far 13-2

5 of the 13 wins where assaults.

1 loss was defend 1 was assault, go figure

#56 Sethliopod

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 217 posts
  • LocationInside the smoking wreck.

Posted 13 December 2014 - 07:49 AM

The 8-man I was attached to won handily over Clan defenders.
First wave, we hit all three gates simultaneously. The two lances manned by the 8-man group took theirs down faster, but all three fell pretty fast. Then we either died fast or ejected after taking out some turrets. Then we deathballed to the generator and took it out remarkably easy.

The deciding factor, in my opinion: Us Puggers pre-drop, communicated our interest in working with the group, and one guy from the 8-man obliged with very simple commands & reminders.

As an attacker: Getting into duels: huge mistake. Going anywhere alone: huge mistake. Going for end-game damage/kill count: huge mistake. Teamwork: unstoppable.

edit: Sadly our end-game score was horrific, far worse than matches I lost.

Edited by Sethliopod, 13 December 2014 - 07:52 AM.

#57 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,973 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:10 AM

what is "Derped" ?

anyway Vietnam had Sapper Attacks that worked so I built a Sapper med
well it did not work ha ha

#58 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:29 AM

View Postgregsolidus, on 11 December 2014 - 11:06 PM, said:

DERP indeed. How did you manage it? Were the defenders particularly dumb?

Fast clan mechs, rush the base, ignore defenders, easy win.

#59 AEgg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 13 December 2014 - 08:40 AM

Played four rounds, defenders won every one. Attacked twice and defended twice myself.

Seems to me that it takes organization to win an attack but it doesn't take organization to successfully defend, since you can cover all possible entrances from the same place (at least on boreal, haven't seen the other map yet).

#60 Davegt27

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,973 posts
  • LocationCO

Posted 13 December 2014 - 09:19 AM

Defense is easy attack is very hard

I made it to the gun almost every attack but I get shot in the back by the drop ships or the bad guys or the turrets

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users