2 replies to this topic

#1 Moriquendi86

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 97 posts
  • LocationWarsaw

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:51 AM

Currently wait times in CW can be too long for many of us and way to often I find myself attacking the planet without defenders. So here is simple (I hope) idea to possibly fix it.

What we need is "Play CW" button in addition to planet selection that would make player or group queue for all planets he is allowed to play based on their selected faction. The goal of this is to eliminate two mayor show stoppers in queue: finding the team and finding the opponent. To make it simple I'll call it the bucket.

Example:
Me and my friend in a 2 man group click "Play CW" and join the bucket as Marik. Soon after Marik 10-man starts an attack on Davion planets. They still 2 more to fill the ranks but in queue for that planet are no solo players or 2 man groups. Therefore MM search the Marik bucket and finds that there are few 2 man groups and solo players it will choose players based on how long they wait for game. Lets assume that my 2-man waits the longest and is added to attack with 10-man. All this should take few seconds, all 12 slots are filled so Davions are called to defend.

Normally Davions would have 5 minutes to fill 12 defenders slot, that feels a bit too long so changing it to 1 (or any X that you feel comfortable with) minute and then fill remaining slots with players in the bucket. For example at this time planet have no defenders so after a minute MM search bucket and finds 20 Davion player in total looking for the game. MM builds 12 man team from the bucket prioritizing players who waits the longest.
If it's impossible to build team with players in the bucket MM will wait remaining 4 minutes and continues to try fill 12 defenders slots with players that will queue for planet defense or join the buckets. If it fails after that 4 minutes defenders will loose as it is right now.

At the moment I think it will be best if players in bucket will not initiate attacks on planet so even if there will be valid 12 man group they will not start an attack on planet. They can join an attack initiated by player queuing for specific planet but if noone does that they should be kept as defenders. (but it's up for discussion)

Considering that there are also lone wolfs and mercenary players in the bucket and that all IS player can fight against Clans I believe it will speed up queue times significantly.

#2 Karamarka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 809 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:26 AM

I agree, a bucket of reserve players is good - people can jjust click and they get put into this bucket

the bucket does not choose where to fight

it just helps fill ranks for defence and offence where groups need them to initiate attack or defence.

#3 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:14 AM

build in tetris with mech shaped bricks.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users