19 replies to this topic

#1 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 12 December 2014 - 03:59 AM

So I get this stupid pop up telling me how Verthandi needs defenders! So I am all like SWEET, lets get it on! I click on it... and then, well F*** me if 13 minutes later, I am sitting in the Q while I write this message. What the hell is that crap. It sure doesn't seem like anyone is here at all. The biggest ghost town I have ever seen. 14 now, and still nothing. This sucks. I could have already played a regular match or two... This needs some pretty obvious tweeks. Maybe suggest places where battle is actually going on at. Clearly not here.

#2 Necroconvict

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Shogun
  • The Shogun
  • 364 posts
  • LocationBaconville

Posted 12 December 2014 - 04:07 AM

Well enough of that. Thanks guys! Obviously you didn't mean to make wait times take so long, but I am justified in being more than a little pissed at waiting regardless. On to a new less anoying game, and blow off some steam, lol!

#3 Jaroth Corbett

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:22 AM

Dude you realize it is Friday morning? Most people will be in school or work. The activity should pick up later on in the day.

#4 GeistHrafn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 450 posts
  • LocationMB, Canada

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:26 AM

Yeah, 18 mins for our 2 man group to defend.
Any IS units trying to defend any specific planets right now? Maybe we can sortof sync drop?

#5 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:29 AM

View PostNecroconvict, on 12 December 2014 - 03:59 AM, said:

So I get this stupid pop up telling me how Verthandi needs defenders! So I am all like SWEET, lets get it on! I click on it... and then, well F*** me if 13 minutes later, I am sitting in the Q while I write this message. What the hell is that crap. It sure doesn't seem like anyone is here at all. The biggest ghost town I have ever seen. 14 now, and still nothing. This sucks. I could have already played a regular match or two... This needs some pretty obvious tweeks. Maybe suggest places where battle is actually going on at. Clearly not here.

Had a 17 minute wait yesterday with a 8 man group. And in game Frame rates of 8-15... Still it was a nice thing to see even if we need to iron out some things. I don't think PGI was ready for how many of us hit the game yesterday.

#6 cleghorn6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron Saint
  • The Patron Saint
  • 511 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:32 AM

Looking at the FAQ, the team list doesn't fill out until all 12 slots are filled. So it's possible many others are waiting, you just can't see.

I will admit it's annoying, but I'm used to being in a dead time zone :|

#7 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:55 AM

blah blah & a side of bacon.

Yes, Necro I agree that the wait time is way way too long

#8 JHackworth

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 106 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:56 AM

not knowing how many spots are open or needed makes it hard for people to get friends to join the defense

#9 Jaroth Corbett

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,252 posts
  • LocationSmoke Jaguar OZ

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:19 AM

Go to www.mwolobby.com. Register a profile there. Then have people join up. Select a room for a planet & let everyone who is assaulting the planet join the room. You can assign people to Team 1 or Team 2 so people can be grouped up depending on whether you are attacking or defending. That way even though you cannot see who is joining in on the game itself you can still have some sort of coordination.

#10 Darrin Call

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 10 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 08:43 AM

The inability to know where to put one's mech makes the whole CW experience quite frustrating. Last night I was willing to put up with the frustration because everything was new and so very cool, but now the newness is wearing off, and while it is still so very cool, (I'd rather do 1 CW than 10 pugs) I really don't want to wait the equivalent of 10 pugs to get to it! While CW feels more like the Battletech I grew up with, it is really dispiriting to have to wait hours. (I have been on over 2 hrs and no matches.) And for those who live in non-peak time-zones, this means they don't play at all. Help the call for help actually get us a match.

#11 Stefos

Rookie

• The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:22 AM

Hi @ all,

solution could be a choice of "drop me anywhere" instead that having everybody free which planet to fight for. (Like chosing game modes in pug-games Conquest/Assault/Skirmish a choose for: only there,only defend/attacking or anywhere my fraction needs me.

Rgds
Stefos

Edited by Stefos, 12 December 2014 - 09:22 AM.

#12 LordKnightFandragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,239 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 09:32 AM

The way they have their Q, it seems more like it would be fitting of a PLanetside 2 style war. There is a massive fight going on, you join in on your factions side, there is a massive continent with bases all over, on going war and the overall objective is to secure all the territory to the enemy Spaceport, or to keep your own. THe game goes until one side actually wins. You can come and go as you please and your drop deck is not a limit of 4 mechs, but instead your choice of 4 "Classes" from which you can pick to spawn in as.

Spawn points are hte Leo dropships, your able to hot drop anywhere in your own territory. There are AI controlled ODGs that shoot down Leo dropships that venture to close, kinda making "no spawn zones" in certain parts of the map.

But idk..

#13 Almond Brown

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

If you wait more than 4-5 minutes in a Queue, at a reasonable gaming hour time frame, then they have left for the fight without you. And if they did, your waiting for the next Match on that Planet to start loading, that only happens after the current 30 minute Match ends.

Best idea. Cancel and hit another Attack defend Pop-up. But be quicker about it. LOL ;)

#14 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 10:51 AM

I highly suggest dropping with a unit, it will drastically increase the chances of getting into a match quickly.

--

However, yes agreed PGI needs to figure out a better way to convey information to players about where planets need players and how badly so that attacks/defenses can be coordinated better so that the matches happen more quickly. Maybe a faction chat would solve this sort of issue?

#15 SilentScreamer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 11:06 AM

Having an option

View PostStefos, on 12 December 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

Hi @ all,

solution could be a choice of "drop me anywhere" instead that having everybody free which planet to fight for. (Like chosing game modes in pug-games Conquest/Assault/Skirmish a choose for: only there,only defend/attacking or anywhere my fraction needs me.

Rgds
Stefos

A good idea, I would say having an option to queue for "First Available Defense" or "First Available Attack" with a second option for "Clan vs Inner Sphere" "Clan vs Clan" or "Inner Sphere vs Inner Sphere" would be nice.

Definately need a status to see how many people are in the Preparing for Drop lobby, After waiting 25 minutes I'd like to know if there are 2 players or 11 waiting with me. Also it would be nice to know how many players are waiting on the other side since all 24 have to be ready in lobby to start.

Edited by SilentScreamer, 12 December 2014 - 11:08 AM.

#16 MechWarrior5152251

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:06 PM

This is Beta. Give them a month to hammer some issues out.

#17 Satan n stuff

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 3,508 posts
  • LocationLooking right at you, lining up my shot.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostJHackworth, on 12 December 2014 - 06:56 AM, said:

not knowing how many spots are open or needed makes it hard for people to get friends to join the defense

Not having the option of simply dropping in the first available match screws things up a bit too. The entire playerbase is now split between a few dozen different queues so wait times are going to be longer.

#18 C E Dwyer

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:20 PM

View PostSatan n stuff, on 12 December 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Not having the option of simply dropping in the first available match screws things up a bit too. The entire playerbase is now split between a few dozen different queues so wait times are going to be longer.

which is why a join first available button.
I'll agree with anyone who says its not very realistic, but to counter that, no sane comander fights wars on more than one front, and here its five fronts for some nations, so realism went out the window the moment I could join attacks on two cland and three other IS states

#19 TamCoan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 352 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

As it stands, it is a very bad design. You want people to actually play a match, but you can't play a match because you can't find a match to play. Seems like the only people having success are 12-man groups. Small groups or solo gets the short end of the stick. At this point, I really have no desire to play CW as the bulk of my experience is waiting to find a match. This is not a game, this is not fun. If you are spending the majority of your time doing something else waiting for a match, you are not actually PLAYING the game.

A "Join Now" option to add to your faction queue to whatever action is up would be good. I just want to play, I don't want to have to go through a minigame of "find a planet that actually has people on it" for 30+ minutes.

I understand this is beta, just giving feedback to hopefully help them to improve it. :-)

#20 R Razor

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,583 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania ...'Merica!!

Posted 12 December 2014 - 02:54 PM

View Post911 Inside Job, on 12 December 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

This is Beta. Give them a month year to hammer some issues out.

Fixed that for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users