Maps Balance General

2 replies to this topic

#1 TurboColin

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 05:44 AM

First I'd like to say thank you for CW! I played it several hours and had a lot of fun! the maps are cool and the gamemode is great so far! But while I was waiting for a match (which was like the halo master chief collection on release: way to Long but totally worth it ;D) I thought of some things I'd love to see or think need to be changed!

1. On the new Caustic Map (don't know the Name) the defenders spawn locations are out in the open and with a good push by the attackers at Gamma or Alpha you get face melted if everybody of the living defenders are behind cover and you are the only one Standing/spawning in the open...so I think it Needs to be changed! and that leads me to my 2. Point...

2. Dropships for defenders?!: they've got weapons and can deal damage at really far distances, even as a Defender... imho it's a bit to op .. for a flying spaceship, or something like that, that makes sense, but they are not meant to defend the Station..... so why not move the spawn of the defenders to an Underground Hangar (which looks cooler than the wall in the dropship... like the rebellbase on Hoth in star wars for example... and for each map individual so you now by the hangar on which map/planet you are!) where you start facing one or two of your lancemates on the other side of the room and while spawning you start getting up with a lift! I mean as a Defender you should already be on the planet while the enemy starts the attack, right? and if the defense is too weak without the dropships you can still place 1 or 2 Towers there (maybe only activating while the lift gets up to support/cover the new mech). Even the tonnage restrictions of dropships would still be ok because u needed to get there with some kind of limited transport right? soo going to 3.

3. Tonnage limits: I'd like to see the tonnage limit to be lifted to at least 260. I am better with heavy mechs than with lights.. but currently I don't have many mediums and lights and I am terribly bad with them! ... which is why I have to save weight on choosing my heavy.. even if its only 250.. that would be great. too much isn't good because then it would be only heavy and assault mechs and that shouldn't happen because of the people with light mechs would be screwed.. but just a thiny bit should be ok.

4. the generator heath: I think the health of the cannon generator (omega) needs to be increased or needs additional armour or shields... been in a few games where the enemy team just tried to run trough the defensive team and shoot at the generator completely ignoring all other mechs.. deploying an artillery/air strike and then die ... and repeat .... and even lights could deal a good amount of damage on the main generator... and I think no one would build the generator of a high value target out in the open easy to hit with air strikes or artillery! So they should at least have some amour plating above, which first needs to destroyed somehow before getting damage from strikes! And a bit more health so that rushing lights ignoring rest of the world are not an option anymore or at least not being so easy to win that way... I know it's a good tactic now and with a coordinated team I'd do that too.. but I don't think that it should be like this!

so guys, what do think about my suggestions and do you have some ideas for an even greater experience?

#2 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:20 AM

I think making it very hard to shoot the cannon would be a big plus - teams should NOT be zerg rushing with lights and killing it (given hit reg on some lights (firestarter, looking at you) most teams will not kill enough lights out of 12 in time to save the generator) - put walls around it, give only a very narrow field of fire it can be hit from, and put a roof over it so artillery and airstrikes are useless on it. Basically make it that you need to take the area right next to it to hurt it, and hold it. not zoom about at 150kph shooting a stationary target praying that hitreg will save you for long enough to kill it.

#3 TurboColin

Rookie

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:37 AM

that's exactly what I mean! but for that the defender-spawnpositon needs to be moved otherwise its impossible to hold the position long enough until the next respawn and it would be a "never-ending fight"... until all mechs are destroyed xD I think most matches would end because of all defenders/attackers destroyed! with dropships every 30 seconds that's a hugh amount of damage attackers would take trying to hold the position.. but that would be already the case now if the generator would be able to take some damage. soo.. vote for underground hangar xD solves "all" problems :D

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users