Long Ass Time Waiting For A Drop!

4 replies to this topic

#1 ravenkk

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:07 AM

Do anyone find the waiting time in CW too long....??

#2 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:09 AM

Very much so. It's really a mixed bag. I had 2 matches taken nearly 20 minutes to form up, while my third launched in under 3. Depends on how many people are lined up to attack/defend any given world. Hopefully PGI will give us some kind of indicator as to a contested world's current population.

#3 Badm0jo

• Pip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 13 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:13 AM

Yea they need to implement a reinforcements tab that you can click, that puts you in queue and then forms a group and drops you to where the action is happening. Someone else on the forums mentioned this. Would allow loads of solo queued players to be utilised and put there needed. This still allows pre mades to function normally but the spaces in groups to be filled by solos.

#4 Rhaythe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,203 posts

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

That would be brilliant. I would imagine there's a slew of soloists sitting around on random worlds wasting time. I cheated last night when I was dropping solo by watching the NGNGTV stream and just queuing up for whatever world they went to.

#5 vettie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Machete
  • The Machete
  • 1,620 posts
  • LocationThe Good Ole South

Posted 12 December 2014 - 06:15 AM

Yeah same here

We had to 'train" our pilots about the Drops ship.
Then we ready up (2 to 3 minutes) as players have to leave for RL stuff and new ones come on comms
Flash show up of X Planet need Def or Att
Click that, next screen wait times go to 7 or 8 minutes....
If we didnt cancel and actually got a match, we go to next screen and had another 2 to 3 minutes...

I think our quickest one was about 3 minutes in total - not too bad. Our average was about 10 minutes total...but we had MANY that we simply canceled and started over.

Edited by vettie, 12 December 2014 - 06:17 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users